Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion

Sooda

Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• Praveen Kumar
    • Ishanth Sharma
    • Sreesanth
    • R.P Singh

Bat first, put up a big score and take it from there. The way I see it, India's batting has to win them the games. About their chances, only a fool would write India off. They have the goods, they just have to deliver.
exactly our batting with viru and gambhir back is second to none on the planet atm

the best result we can expect is a DRAW , we can't win with our current bowling line up , they are too inconsistant . furthermore england have 10 batsmen : the averages of their tail : Broad 28 Bresnan 40 Swann 27 :((:((:((:(( it's been a horrible summer so fare , hopefully Viru will give us some fun and goddy scores his 100

First post here after being a lurker...I definitely feel that DLT are mature understand to understand this is one of the last opportunities they will get against quality opposition(cant see them playing beyond Aus 2011) and would love to redeem some honor. SRT hasnt clicked in a while and I feel we might see something along the lines of Sydney 2004 when he made that cussedness filled 241. I doubt if Lax can make a monster knock, perhaps a fifty or two. Dravid might make a 3rd ton provided he has someone at the other end hanging in for long. DLT are too good to go out in a whimper and I bet they have something very strong to offer. That said, I dont see that happeneing if England were to bat first and knock up 500+. Either we bowl them out for less than 330 or bat first. As someone used to seeing England beaten up in the 28 years I've been watching cricket, I had been very very sceptical about their beowling, the result of seeing the Kamblis, Shastris carve centuries off them. But just to see how good exactly is their attack, I played a bit with numbers. Quite impressive indeed Here is how their ICC ratings match with strong attacks India have played in the past. * Anderson 790, Broad 685, Tremlett 632, Bresnan 517, Swann 749 - Eng 2011 * Botham 884, Willis 769, Hendrick 727, Edmonds 590 - Eng 1979 * Akram 737, Waqar 743, Saqlain 693, Aktar winning a test - Pak 1999 * Imran 850, Akram 548(665 after 4 months), Qadir 611, Tausif 600 - Pak 1987 [ineffective in India in 1987 but the same attack would cream anyone at home] * McGrath 814, Gillespie 802, Warne 753, Kaspa 477 - Aus 2004 (Discount Warne, he was hammered but nevertheless strong attack merely because McGrath takes a wicket in every spell) * McGrath 899, Fleming 738, Warne 693, Kaspa 371 - Aus 1999 (Fearsome attack) England's attack doesnt look too bad in comparison to most of these attacks. So yeah, I got some idea. I think India might win at Edgbaston but for that we still need a really good performance from our popgun attack.

First post here after being a lurker...I definitely feel that DLT are mature understand to understand this is one of the last opportunities they will get against quality opposition(cant see them playing beyond Aus 2011) and would love to redeem some honor. SRT hasnt clicked in a while and I feel we might see something along the lines of Sydney 2004 when he made that cussedness filled 241. I doubt if Lax can make a monster knock, perhaps a fifty or two. Dravid might make a 3rd ton provided he has someone at the other end hanging in for long. DLT are too good to go out in a whimper and I bet they have something very strong to offer. That said, I dont see that happeneing if England were to bat first and knock up 500+. Either we bowl them out for less than 330 or bat first. As someone used to seeing England beaten up in the 28 years I've been watching cricket, I had been very very sceptical about their beowling, the result of seeing the Kamblis, Shastris carve centuries off them. But just to see how good exactly is their attack, I played a bit with numbers. Quite impressive indeed Here is how their ICC ratings match with strong attacks India have played in the past. * Anderson 790, Broad 685, Tremlett 632, Bresnan 517, Swann 749 - Eng 2011 * Botham 884, Willis 769, Hendrick 727, Edmonds 590 - Eng 1979 * Akram 737, Waqar 743, Saqlain 693, Aktar winning a test - Pak 1999 * Imran 850, Akram 548(665 after 4 months), Qadir 611, Tausif 600 - Pak 1987 [ineffective in India in 1987 but the same attack would cream anyone at home] * McGrath 814, Gillespie 802, Warne 753, Kaspa 477 - Aus 2004 (Discount Warne, he was hammered but nevertheless strong attack merely because McGrath takes a wicket in every spell) * McGrath 899, Fleming 738, Warne 693, Kaspa 371 - Aus 1999 (Fearsome attack) England's attack doesnt look too bad in comparison to most of these attacks. So yeah, I got some idea. I think India might win at Edgbaston but for that we still need a really good performance from our popgun attack.
Welcome to ICF.:icflove:

Can India's safety be guaranteed in UK following riots? There are riots happening all over the UK now, started in London at the weekend and have spread like wildfire, including Birmingham where the next test is due to start on Wed. In light of this deteriorating security situation, should the India squad (the worlds no. 1 and leading team) remain in a country where the police have lost control and their safety can no longer be guaranteed? Is it time for Strauss and Flower to again go into the Indian dressing room on their knees and beg for another favour? Your thoughts... :winky: