Sooda

Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• Praveen Kumar
    • Ishanth Sharma
    • Sreesanth
    • R.P Singh

Guest Gunner
I feel the more pressing question is can the Indian teams safety be guaranteed when they return to India :giggle:
Brilliant! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Good post, I know how bad it is in London where I lived my father and I were talking about this last night our players safety is nore important than anything else, I barely feel safe to go into work today so I would understand if they abandonned this tour after these events.

I am not following the news...Can't this be controlled by police??
It seems to be out of control Police are trying their level best to calm things down but now homes are being smashed shops burned and looted as well. There is even talking of the army being sent in to calms things down, over 400 people were arressted yesterday.
Is the situation that bad ? Why cant the police do anything about it ?
Because now some of the rioters are just running havock they are just walking up and down the streets smashing up homes burning business 35 police were injured yesterday they are being outnumbered.
The third Test between India and England, to be played at Edgbaston in Birmingham, seems to be doubtful as the riots spread to other parts of London on Monday night with the youths looting and setting up houses and shops on fire. All players of the Indian cricket are safe, an official of t he India told a TV channel on Tuesday, as rioting broke out in Liverpool and Birmingham in the worst violence in London in years. The official said that few players had gone out for dinner but they were called back and now everybody is in the hotel. The England team players were also confined to the hotel, reports said. Some players took to Twitter to show their concern over the ongoing riots. Kevin Pietersen tweeted, "they have just locked our hotel in Birmingham mate... Riots just started here.. Insane!!". Tim Bresnan wrote, "Just seen the rioters in Birmingham fleeing down the main street followed by a load of police in the full get up. What's going on?", while Stuart Broad said, "Police vans all around Birmingham where we are right now...." Rioting and looting spread across London as hooded youths set buildings and cars ablaze, smashed shop windows and hurled bottles and stones at police in a third night of violence in Britain's worst unrest in decades. The riots started on Saturday night after protests against the death of a man in a police shooting turned violent, but Monday saw an escalation in hostilities
http://www.hindustantimes.com/specials/cricket/India-vs-england-2011/Edgbaston-Test-doubtful-as-violence-in-London-spreads/indiavseng2011-topstories/SP-Article10-731083.aspx

Guys it hasnt been blown apart by the media. The police has been cut by the govt greatly here in London. It's massively understaffed, and this mob mentality isnt stopping, they can't cope! Before it was only big departmental stores getting mugged, now it's literally everything, from homes to charity shops. I'm not sure what will happen with the test match, I think it should be delayed by a day definitely, it's almost certain that there will be more riots tonight, we're all hoping they will be less severe than those last night.