Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion

Sooda

Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• Praveen Kumar
    • Ishanth Sharma
    • Sreesanth
    • R.P Singh

India still has better chance to beat England in a Green pitch than on a flat track. But more than anything it is attitude and sense of purpose which will define India's chances. We can talk about everything from fatigue to fault in technique, but if India had enough strength to grab those chances in test match situation (Eng 128- 8) the score line would have been different.

First post here after being a lurker...I definitely feel that DLT are mature understand to understand this is one of the last opportunities they will get against quality opposition(cant see them playing beyond Aus 2011) and would love to redeem some honor. SRT hasnt clicked in a while and I feel we might see something along the lines of Sydney 2004 when he made that cussedness filled 241. I doubt if Lax can make a monster knock, perhaps a fifty or two. Dravid might make a 3rd ton provided he has someone at the other end hanging in for long. DLT are too good to go out in a whimper and I bet they have something very strong to offer. That said, I dont see that happeneing if England were to bat first and knock up 500+. Either we bowl them out for less than 330 or bat first. As someone used to seeing England beaten up in the 28 years I've been watching cricket, I had been very very sceptical about their beowling, the result of seeing the Kamblis, Shastris carve centuries off them. But just to see how good exactly is their attack, I played a bit with numbers. Quite impressive indeed Here is how their ICC ratings match with strong attacks India have played in the past. * Anderson 790, Broad 685, Tremlett 632, Bresnan 517, Swann 749 - Eng 2011 * Botham 884, Willis 769, Hendrick 727, Edmonds 590 - Eng 1979 * Akram 737, Waqar 743, Saqlain 693, Aktar winning a test - Pak 1999 * Imran 850, Akram 548(665 after 4 months), Qadir 611, Tausif 600 - Pak 1987 [ineffective in India in 1987 but the same attack would cream anyone at home] * McGrath 814, Gillespie 802, Warne 753, Kaspa 477 - Aus 2004 (Discount Warne, he was hammered but nevertheless strong attack merely because McGrath takes a wicket in every spell) * McGrath 899, Fleming 738, Warne 693, Kaspa 371 - Aus 1999 (Fearsome attack) England's attack doesnt look too bad in comparison to most of these attacks. So yeah, I got some idea. I think India might win at Edgbaston but for that we still need a really good performance from our popgun attack.
:omg::omg:You cannot compare this current english attack which only takes wickets in favourable conditions to atatcks of pak,aus ,there is no comparison .English attack struggled to take wickets against lankans when sun was out and got hammered by wi and bangladesh partlicularly tamim.

This really shows what clowns the selectors can be at times. Only one left armer in the squad in Zaheer who had questions over his health and only now is RP being flown into the side instead of being flown much earlier (when it was clear Zaheer wasn't 100% from the first test) to at least get some net sessions in before he could to replaced into the squad. The greatest adversy the Indian team has ever faced is this board.

:omg::omg:You cannot compare this current english attack which only takes wickets in favourable conditions to atatcks of pak' date='aus ,there is no comparison .English attack struggled to take wickets against lankans when sun was out and got hammered by wi and bangladesh partlicularly tamim.[/quote'] Of course I'm talking about favorable conditions only, plus the spinelessness of the Indian batting whcih saw them fold for 280 and 158 (added to the insipid Indian bowling). The Pak attack of 1987 quoted above were toothless in India but very strong in Pak and Eng that year. For India's sake I hope the sun wont be out in the next 2 tests as that's the only way we might see our bowlers take 20 wickets.
Guest Gunner

They should have played 4 pacers at TB and there they played 3. Now they should actually play Mishra who did well against the Northants and they play 4 seamers. :facepalm:

Bat first... Once Sehwag hits 2 fours from the middle of his bat through the covers' date=' [b']mark my word.. India will be a new team and then we will see the REAL INDIA. Yeah we have been **** this series, excluding Rahul Dravid and Praveen Kumar, but this is the time when India will come alive. COME ON LETS HAVE SOME POSITIVITY ... why are we called INDIAN CRICKET FANS... Come on lets back our boys tomorow. First hour... either bat or bowl, lets dominate those English.
Wondering how many times that phrase has been used in last 1 month. :giggle: