Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion

Sooda

Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• Praveen Kumar
    • Ishanth Sharma
    • Sreesanth
    • R.P Singh

This is the lowest point of my cricket watching time. The fact that it is against the team I despise the most (yes even more so than Pakistan). The fact that I was eagerly anticipating a highly comeptitive series but instead we've seen a no contest in which barring one session at Trent Bridge, there hasn't been a time where we've thought we can win a test match. The fact that the English pundits (and Michael Holding) can spew their bullshit but this time we can have no retort such is the helpless position of the team. All factors considered then yeh this is by a distance the most painful series. But that's life in sport I guess.
+1 The English commies (including hired ones like Mr.Holding) always have superiotity complex against all, even when they were hammered 5-0 against aussies in 2006. Now they got the smell of blood against the no.1 test team us. Till now it was like a stomach ache for them. From now onwards, it will become a smelling fart for the rest of cricket playing nations. Mark my words!!:band:
Well 99 saw SRT getting a cpl of centuries and VVS got a century.....Srinath bowled welll..........Yahan pe to sab dhakkan.
Well, even Dravid has gotten a couple of hundreds here and Praveen has bowled well on this tour, so I don't think that means much. Like I said, difference is back then we were a rubbish team outside India, this time we came into the series with a much stronger reputation.
I would say it's worst defeat in probably 20-25 years and losing after being at the top of ICC rankings makes it even worse.
To be honest, I said 15 years because I wasn't really old enough to remember much before then. It could well be much more. I know we got battered 4-0 in Aus in 92 but Sydney and Adelaide (I think?) were reasonable performances. This time, nothing apart from a brief spell at Trent Bridge.
^actually rain saved aussies in Sydney and we should have won that Adelaide game chasing over 300' date=' on course, [b']and them Aussie Umpire Strikes.
How many Tests in Australia have various umpires cost us :banghead: By the way, wasn't there a series in the 80's we would have won in Aus but for rain, too?

^ I don't know about 80s, but this I remmeber vividly. I used to watch highlights in DD and listen radio commentary. Azhar played blinder, he gets shocker and then prabhakar gets shocker. This was the series where Gavasker on Air said Aussies are playing with 13.

Well compared to most of you I have only closely followed series' since relatively recently. I can't remember actually losing interest in one to this extent. At least we usually have entertainment value when we lose! :D Here we are getting pummeled - what else is there to see? Even laughing at Bhajji lost its lulz factor surprisingly quick.

How many Tests in Australia have various umpires cost us :banghead: By the way, wasn't there a series in the 80's we would have won in Aus but for rain, too?
Away tests were difficult to win those days. anyway 91-92 aus were far and away the better side. So no complaints. 80's...youre talking about the Melbourne test 1985-86. Even otherwise, we should have won in Sydney 85-86. But anyway, this series hurts the most. Really pathetic effort despite being No.1. I'm still sober but I feel we have some pride left to score really big in Innings 2 or in Test 4.

we can still save the test match : mishra Odds are stacked against them as they trail by a massive 451-run margin but Indian spinner Amit Mishra feels that his side has the character and skills to save the third Test match. Riding on Alastair Cook's 294-run knock, England scored a massive 710 for seven in reply to India's first innings of 224 all out and threw a strong challenge before the visitors to save the match, series and number one status. "I am positive we can do it. We have done it before as well. We have good batters and it's a good pitch to bat on. I don't think we would lose this Test," opined Mishra, who took three wickets for 150 runs, from 43 overs. The little leg-spinner did concede that the wicket was offering spin but said it doesn't have the bounce. Mishra had great words of praise to speak about England opener Cook, who made a near triple century. "He showed a lot of patience. We bowled well to him but he batted with determination and did very well for himself and his team. It isn't as if he has been the most patient batsman I've every bowled to. But he batted really well, according to the wicket and conditions." Mishra bowled no less than nine no-balls during his stint in England's first innings though on Friday he overstepped only once. "The wicket was very slow and so I was trying a bit harder which led to those no-balls being bowled. But I've learnt my lessons and today's performance was much better." The lone spinner in India's eleven in this match said he had all along believed England would be a force to reckon with in familiar conditions. "We were aware they are familiar to their conditions. They've exploited it to the hilt."