When should the BIG 3 hang up their Boots?

I just hope that in the home series....only 2 out of 3 seniors play...giving the chance to 1 emerging player. That will start their migration to Test....plus resting the seniors also. VVS & Sachin should immediatly annouce their intl retirement from ODI/T20 if they havent done so. Dhoni should also be rested at some stage.

I just hope that in the home series....only 2 out of 3 seniors play...giving the chance to 1 emerging player. That will start their migration to Test....plus resting the seniors also. VVS & Sachin should immediatly annouce their intl retirement from ODI/T20 if they havent done so. Dhoni should also be rested at some stage.
yes. still don't understand why Sach hasn't retired from the shorter formats... let go of that and concentrate on Tests !!
Because the uncertaintly over his fitness is not good for the team. It's fine for the odd series since everyone gets injured but it is the case in almost every series with Zaheer. A fit Zaheer Khan would be the first player I'd pick (ahead of Tendulkar, Sehwag, Dravid etc). Just to add that it is not just about relying on him to win us games but even relying on him to get through a series is too much now.
i feel sachin sachin and VVS shud retire from tests also after australia series and later even dravid shud..these 2 guys are not fit enuf to field well for a day...VVS is just a catcher and sachin is also damn Slow now..both these guys are at the twilight of there career and shud retire in next 3 months..and dravid is a shade fitter and can retire after 6 to 9 months.. till then we shud bring in rahane pujara kohli rohit and try new pacers like yadav varun and deepak chahar etc..sreesanth RP and MUNAF seem not to be meeting our requirements.
They should play for as long as they want. Drav and VV definately should not retire before 2014. Sachin should play till 2016. They are still the 3 best batsmen in the world by some distance. Can you name 3 test batsmen that are better than them? They are just slow starters, that's all.
i dont think you can put Laxman in the same category as Dravid and Sachin. but thats just my opinion... i think players in Laxman's league are Sangakara, Kallis, Punter (maybe? is he in test form i dunno)... wow. and that might be it.