Are today's brahmins the dalits of India?

gator

You can accept bad things happened and work towards making some of it right .But I have yet to meet someone who accepts that it happened in their families....it is like the dowry thingyy...it always happens in other peoples homes.... Till we all accept that it happens...we cannot get rid of it.

Where on earth does 'feeling guilty' come in when accepting that some of your ancestors were/are a-holes ? This is a question of objectivity here..
Abhe tu point ko pakad ke twist karta hai! did I not say that if my ancestors had been ga_ndus then I would acknowledge it without any problem? I am completely against cast system + against the way it is being exploited by Indian babus. My issue is with some people who think that I must pay for being born in a Brahmin family. I take responsibility for my actions only.

Gai...no one should have to pay....but we are having to pay for the doings of our ancestors.If they had been fair...there would be no excuse for reverse discrimination.They gave people a reason to discriminate against us now.

Accha Radhika ek baat batao. In today's scenario the situation in Bihar(and UP and MP and many other states) is this, the land that belonged to what are called as "Forward caste" people have been forcibly taken by certain elements, generally bckward castes. Based on Constitution of course this is against the laws of the land and hence illegal. All these Naxal movements etc are prime example of that. Today it is almost impssible for a FC to become CM of Bihar. So if a backward caset child is born today in Patna, should he feel guilt about this or accept the fact? xx

Comparing naxal movement is like comparing terrorist coming and forcing to give up your land.It is illegal and only happening because of bad law ndorder situation.Not the right comparision. The so called backward classes have no business complaining because they are as much a part ofthe caste atrocities against the dlits as others.Infact they probably are the worst oppressors of the dalits.I do not favour quotas for them in any way.Infact theyare the previlaged classes who have always had the means(most of them )and power.Their crying discrimination and asking for previlages is just opportunism.

Naxal movement is based on one and one solid background only - caste politics. If you follow Bihar politics you will see how almost every caste these days have their "private armies". There is a Ranvir Sena, then there is Brahmshri Sena etc etc. Point being it has become a case of might is right and anyone who can occupy a land does. In many cases, if not most, today the people who do this are backward caste. In the light of that a Backward caste child born today, should he admit that maybe it were the efforts of their immediate ancestors that FC people lost their land? Or that a FC politician, no matter how good he maybe, may never become the CM of Bihar? xxx

Rads.... u keep harping that, why attention is being paid to brahmins being forced to live in horrible conditions when all castes are also doing the same..... first of all, we are a secular country now and all religions and castes are supposed to be equal.... the brahmins are being forced to live under horrible circumstances because of reservations and opportunities being stolen from them.... again my point is, if u believe this is retribution, then lets start everywhere... ur point tht, brahmins dominated the wealth of india reeks of ignorance, if anything.... excuse me for the usage.... name 5 brahmin kings in history, i will give u names of 50 kings who were from BC/OBC.... why this obsession with the priest job for dalits.... if u think, they want to compete for a 300 rupee job and belive they are robbed of it???? anyways, show me those qualified dalits who couldnt get a job or even tried for tht job..... like GKD mentioned, why should i or any brahmin suffer because his ancestors may have practised discrimination..... if tht is the case, lets start with castigating all muslims, all tamils, all europeans first because either their ancestors or their peers have wreaked havoc on normal people's lives... go and seek retribution for jallianwala bagh and show me wat u get.....

For many years we had only brahmin PM...its not uch a big thing lurker....it's just politics... Ab BC ki baari hai...kabhi dalits ki hogi....kissi ki monopoly kyun ho.Any ways this has more to do with politics.. as for naxal movements,,,yes like all movements it started of as a backward thigyy...but like all things like these...it later becomes a power trip for some and soon these so called liberators become the oppresors.They are criminals/terrorists and and wanted by law. As for the ranvir sena and other senas are concerned...it is bound to happen.If one gp keeps them ...then the moment the others have the means and power they also make their own senas.....and frankly speaking they all deserve each other.Unfortunately they do not only kill each other...most often innocent people. ab to soona he padega....good night!

For many years we had only brahmin PM...its not uch a big thing lurker....it's just politics... Ab BC ki baari hai...kabhi dalits ki hogi....kissi ki monopoly kyun ho.Any ways this has more to do with politics..
did they try to create a special quota for brahmins or legislatively suppress opportunities for other castes/religions???

only way out of caste is to take caste out...any mention of caste for any reason in govt.' date=' educational, healthcare and such jobs should be completely edited out of india.[/quote'] now... who will do it??? the present situation is convenient for everyone.... everyone has some kinda reservation or quota and they are comfrotable except brahmins..... do u think, the brahmins will ever have the voice to do it??? let me tell u, if instead of kashmiri pundits, they were kashmiri yadavs, the uproar would have been different.... fack, in india, there is more uproar in the country when Ganguly was displaced from the team than when a million kashmiri pundits were displaced from their homes.... thts why i said, the country is going to the pigs..

>>>>>again my point is, if u believe this is retribution, then lets start everywhere... ur point tht, brahmins dominated the wealth of india reeks of ignorance, if anything.... excuse me for the usage.... name 5 brahmin kings in history, i will give u names of 50 kings who were from BC/OBC.... I am not supporting retribution...just saying that our ancestors are responsible for reservations.If they were not unfair ...then this would not have happened. >>>again my point is, if u believe this is retribution, then lets start everywhere... ur point tht, brahmins dominated the wealth of india reeks of ignorance, if anything.... excuse me for the usage.... name 5 brahmin kings in history, i will give u names of 50 kings who were from BC/OBC.... Why only worry about brahmins...do you think all rajputs or banias were kings.why are you not as sad about their plight? >>>>why this obsession with the priest job for dalits.... if u think, they want to compete for a 300 rupee job and belive they are robbed of it???? anyways, show me those qualified dalits who couldnt get a job or even tried for tht job..... and why not?what have you got against them being educated like the brahmins and getting the job.They have been denied entry to temples...were not allowed an education in religion.Why should they be denied that if they want.?..but the problem is that will the brahmins teach them? There are some colleges (i think in the south)who are training dalits to become preists...what iswrong with that...unless someone believes that they are not equal to brahmins ..I don't see where the problem lies. >>>>like GKD mentioned, why should i or any brahmin suffer because his ancestors may have practised discrimination..... if tht is the case, lets start with castigating all muslims, all tamils, all europeans first because either their ancestors or their peers have wreaked havoc on normal people's lives... go and seek retribution for jallianwala bagh and show me wat u get. please read my previous posts...i have written hazar times..i don't support reservation(except for some gps) but we are suffering from the doings of our ancestors and first we should blame them.

>>>>>again my point is, if u believe this is retribution, then lets start everywhere... ur point tht, brahmins dominated the wealth of india reeks of ignorance, if anything.... excuse me for the usage.... name 5 brahmin kings in history, i will give u names of 50 kings who were from BC/OBC.... I am not supporting retribution...just saying that our ancestors are responsible for reservations.If they were not unfair ...then this would not have happened.
everyone and their momma know the cause..... point is, shoulld wat is happening now, happen in a secular countryy and 21st century.... why keep harping on the past, when a lot of people have wronged a lot of other people and they are not paying for it....
>>>>why this obsession with the priest job for dalits.... if u think, they want to compete for a 300 rupee job and belive they are robbed of it???? anyways, show me those qualified dalits who couldnt get a job or even tried for tht job..... and why not?what have you got against them being educated like the brahmins and getting the job.They have been denied entry to temples...were not allowed an education in religion.Why should they be denied that if they want.?..but the problem is that will the brahmins teach them? There are some colleges (i think in the south)who are training dalits to become preists...what iswrong with that...unless someone believes that they are not equal to brahmins ..I don't see where the problem lies.
i dont have problems.... they are being allowed to study for priesthood.... why are brahmins not allowed equal opportunity in government jobs then????
please read my previous posts...i have written hazar times..i don't support reservation(except for some gps) but we are suffering from the doings of our ancestors and first we should blame them.
blaming them is not going to solve my problem... if tomorrow, all muslims were being forcibly converted to another religion.... would u condemn it or tell them to blame their ancestors first????

it is rightly said. katti murgi ka darm sirf murgi hi janat hai... Gato..I agree with you (tho i dont support both brahminism and brahmins). Situation like some ancestors oppressed people in the past cannot be rectified by doing injustice to higher classes now. Or in this case, when salaries are paid to Imams of the mosque then heck it should be paid to the priests of the temples as well. And going by the convention (as to who can be a priest) here, I would say YES, i dont care who becomes the priest. So brahmin or not, if he is priest should be paid. But it is just like reservation for bc, obc based on their caste. So like brahmins dont get reservation in the jobs, education, Same way they wont get salaries for being priest because they are upper caste. But imams of the mosque are from backward caste or what not. So they get paid. Same logic. We cant beat congresss....IN any freaking way... Can we??? Its their logic. Now go figure out... Haha... we are quite amazingly stupid in many ways.. what we do..they are also our people... hope they get some Akal.

Guest dada_rocks
Naxal movement is based on one and one solid background only - caste politics. If you follow Bihar politics you will see how almost every caste these days have their "private armies". There is a Ranvir Sena, then there is Brahmshri Sena etc etc. Point being it has become a case of might is right and anyone who can occupy a land does. In many cases, if not most, today the people who do this are backward caste. In the light of that a Backward caste child born today, should he admit that maybe it were the efforts of their immediate ancestors that FC people lost their land? Or that a FC politician, no matter how good he maybe, may never become the CM of Bihar? xxx
Precisely to make it sound as if urbna-rural divide of rowth is fanning it is ignoring the obvious (1) nerve-centre of naxalism remains mostly rural areas (2) When we had proverbial hindu rate of growth people were in deeper $hit and one didn't find naxalism's prevalence then jab log MB parh pahr ke opinion banate hain tab yahin garbage type ki theory aati hai.. Growth fanning naxalis and santa clause sighted on city square.. unadulterated bull