chk this out now..

Cricketics

Blah blah...six words : Satanic Verses is banned in India. So much for 'free press' ! Guy gets into trouble for painting nude Sita, gays have no rights.....sorry but as i said, Indians comparing themselves to Pakistan in this respect and chest thumping is nothing more than 'in the land of the blind, the one-eyed king rules the roost'.
LOL!! Mein Kampf is banned in Germany and probably a whole lot of other places. Does that mean those countries have very little freedom of speech?More importantly, how does any of the above relate to this:
the media censorship in India
MEDIA CENSORSHIP is what I took you up on. A fictional book has nothing to do with media. If anything, you knowing about these is proof that the Indian media was free to report on these issues. Dismissed.
Yep..but you picked two countries in the western world that are the most ignorant/chauvinistic and 'national pride' syndrome than any other. In Canada..i can legitimately criticise Canada and most Canadians will end up agreeing with me...this is because Canada, unlike India/America/Australia etc. is not a 'must thump chest in blind nationalism pride' country but a much more laid back nation.
Even in India/UK/US, you can legitimately criticise the country and some will agree with you depending on how you present your case. Try watching the Big Fight/We the nation. You might find a few clips on youtube.

MEDIA CENSORSHIP is what I took you up on. If anything, you knowing about these is proof that the media was free to report on these issues. Dismissed.
Maybe i used the wrong term.....i didnt just mean about news or papers...i meant as in what can/cannot be in print...what can/cannot be said without being censored..what can/cannot be written or drawn without being censored or having public showing its intolerance. I am not sure but 'media censorship' is not such a narrow term as you are making it out to be..its not just censorship of 'news channels/tv channels/radio or newspaper'...as far as i am aware, if i want to print a book i penned and i am banned by the government, its media censorship too. Feel free to correct me if i am wrong but its that sort of censorship that i meant in the first place. As per Mein Kampf or others...no society is absolutely 100 % free in this respect and all have varying levels of media censorship. My grips is that India's media censorship record is one of the poorest in the world and definitely not on par to the west or japan/korea etc...so its a bit lame when indians chest-thump in this regard on pakistan's face...
Even in India/UK/US, you can legitimately criticise the country and some will agree with you depending on how you present your case.
I am not talking about how India is on paper...i am talking about how India is in reality. I am not talking about Indian constritution protecting my free speech, i am talking about Indian SOCIETY which cannot tolerate free speech and its 'dangaa-fasaad/goli maaro/hartaal karo' on the drop of a hat when someone said something,wrote something or painted something that some people didnt like. That is all that matters to me...how is the society..not what the society is 'on paper'. On paper casteism is gone..in reality, its ever-present and just as discriminatory. People here implying that if i said what i did openly in India, i'd either get beaten up or worse only further highlight the 'reality' of how Indian society is intolerant to free speech and overly nationalistic in its tone. its no wonder that India is the most pro-American country outside of America. They are too much alike, especially when it comes to the negetives in their societies and denying its existance and at the same time harbouring hopes of 'ultimate glory' in dominating the world.