Ranji Trophy 2011-12: Super League

Chandan

Ranji Trophy 2011-12: Super League  

1. 1.

I don't care what the pitch is like, Sreesanth going for 5 an over against Vidarbha in a FC match should not be playing Test cricket. Test bowlers should at the very least be economical against Plate League opposition or are the pitches 'so slow' that we cannot even expect that?!

Did anyone watch Punjab's sandeep sharma bowl? He didn't take any wkts but how was his bowling generally? I'm just curious coz he was one of the best under 19 prospects from the last WC along with unadket and another guy. I know he is much quicker than unadket but overall what were the first impressions?

Did anyone watch Punjab's sandeep sharma bowl? He didn't take any wkts but how was his bowling generally? I'm just curious coz he was one of the best under 19 prospects from the last WC along with unadket and another guy. I know he is much quicker than unadket but overall what were the first impressions?
Pretty average to say the least.Also dont think he was that quick than usual trundlers like VK though i am not sure as i didnt notice the speed guns Both Gony and Bhajji bowled well Gony in particular troubled Srivatsava and created pressure. But other two Sandeep and Navdeep were poor and didnt maintain any pressure.And Sandeep bowled too many short balls to Kaif when he had a predominantly off side field which he kept on pulling comfortably.I suppose inexperience.
Pretty average to say the least.Also dont think he was that quick than usual trundlers like VK though i am not sure as i didnt notice the speed guns Both Gony and Bhajji bowled well Gony in particular troubled Srivatsava and created pressure. But other two Sandeep and Navdeep were poor and didnt maintain any pressure.And Sandeep bowled too many short balls to Kaif when he had a predominantly off side field which he kept on pulling comfortably.I suppose inexperience.
Thanks for the response! Yea this fella is very green and probably needs a lot of work. So far even Tyagi had been very dissappointing in the first innings. The highest wicket taker in this round is some 36 year old tripura opening bowler chanda :yay: a pretty sorry start by the bowlers.

Sandeep Sharma- Mostly around 125-126 kmph, did not hit 130 kmph even once.. Did swing the ball but not as much as he used to in the last u-19 WC, bowled a little short and got punished. Gony was the quickest with a top speed of 138 kph and being around the 132-133 mark all the time. If only he took his cricket seriously! Has got everythig needed to be a good pacer, built, height, action, release, run up. Hits the deck hard but doesn't look interested.