Ranji Trophy 2011-12: Super League

Chandan

Ranji Trophy 2011-12: Super League  

1. 1.

*****For those who have not watched the Baroda bowling. Pitch was absolutely green. I can bet anyone who ever watches the match will have tough time to differentiate pitch from the rest of the ground. It was sooo green. Lot of swing and good bounce but not that pacy. Irfan Pathan was bowling only at 115-122. touched 125 once. Consistently below 120. Lot of swing was there for him like we used to see him during his initial days. Maybe because of pitch conditions. But pace wise he was disappointing. Vahora, 6'1, in his first spell was consistently over 130-134. Touched 134.6 highest. Bowling action is energatic but some work needs to be done. In his second spell he was consistently below 130. Bhaja, 6'2, was bowling around 128-132. Touched 134.5 highest. Bowling action is fuddu,I mean not like hustling and bustling fast bowler who is charging in towards you, but repeatable action and his basics are right. He was consistent in his speeds in all the spells.128-132. Pitch was assisting all these fast bowlers a lot and More Than That MP Batsmen really showed the hell of a nonsense batting. Very poor. I was actually impressed with Anand Rajan's bowling, from MP. He was consistently 130-135. He is 6'2. Good bustling action. Looked a very strong guy who can generate more pace. And I was Very much disappointed with Amit Sharma from MP, bowling. He is 6'4, very strong physique, but only bowls at 115-120. I was like :WTF:

I think the only way he can be an international cricketer is if he develops his batting a bit more , maintains this swing and some slow bowling variations.Then he can play as a seam bowling all rounder (even at this 120k pace ) in ODIs and T20s and considering next world cup is in Aus could turn out to be a useful addition. I just cant see him as an test bowler in International cricket anymore frankly.

Faizal dhudat is playing for gujarat... will be interested to see how he goes with the ball.... Overall, a much better performance by the domestic bowlers today.... i was totally sick of the 500+ scores in the first round. Anwar Ahmed will be bowling tomorrow as well after hyderabad got bundled out for a very low score so let's see how he responds. On a lighter note, VK is holding fort for Karnataka with the BAT :cantstop: