Ranji Trophy 2011-12: Super League

Chandan

Ranji Trophy 2011-12: Super League  

1. 1.

Hey, I was checking out the scorecards today and imagine, everyone is taking wickets, Irfan Pathan, Ashish Nehra, Manpreet Gony, Abu Nechim, Ashok Dinda, Ishwar Choudhary. RP Singh though has not taken any wicket as yet but was also bowling at good speeds around 135. Seems everyone is fired up for the 5th fast bowler slot for the Australia tour. Its so good to see :yay:

Well, according to me, Manpreet Gony will be the best choice. Has seen him bowl this season, he is looking in good shape, good form and pace is up as well. Most importantly, he IS taking wickets as well. But, realistically, selectors are going to pick a player for PK' replacement who can also bat a bit at no. 8 position and that I think will be Irfan Pathan, coz he is taking a lot of wickets this time. Although not sure, he will be the right choice

Anyone seen Suryasekar Yadav play ? interesting pick for Mumbai ..but very impressive start to his career ..478 runs in just 6 innings , which includes a double hundred of just 230 balls today . Cricinfo says he played for Mumbai Indians too
For a 21 year old, he's a little unfit, a slow runner and on the plumper side. Watched him play in the CL and he looked like a slogger, but looks to have changed his game for the longer format. Has come through the junior cricket and been a heavy scorer for Mumbai be it u-19 or u-22.
RPS bowling an excellent spell at Jaipur. Swinging the ball at 134-135 kmph and getting good lift as well. Picks up a wicket now. 133 kmph, ball curving into the right hander.
Good for him, needs to work on a bit on stamina and that pot belly though. He is in the contention too for Aus for PK.