Welcome poondu

fineleg

Ravi or others: please help with website issue Ravi, Can you please help me. There are two issues I am struggling with: 1. If I hit the "quote" it takes me to login screen again. 2. If I see a thread, unless I hit the "browser refresh" sometimes its showing me the old copy. Because of the above 2 reasons, I've not been able to use the site effectively. I have internet explorer set to accept cookies from IndianCricketFans.com Also, it shows "Welcome fineleg" when I visit, which means I am logged in. But frequently, it shows me the "login screen" asking me to sign in fresh to the website- lets say at this time I enter my login and pwd, again it takes me to login screen!...are other users experiencing or experienced similar issues? WHEN I HIT "Post Reply" without QUOTE, then somehow I am able to post! *scratching my head*

That's a bit dodgy. I suppose it could be browser related. I have been told the internet explorer prompts to login many times. The new posts not showing has been around quite a while now and this is internet explorer related issue. If you try firefox or opera you will have no problems. I thought I had fixed the multiple login issue but looks like it's still around. I will see what I can do about that.

I've made a little change (uninstalled couple of dodgy products). Can you have a look now and let me know if you are still having issues?
Ravi, I try the "Quote" now and seems to be ok. I will try a few other things. Just out of curiosity, what kind of fix did you have to do to make this work? Thanks a lot, anyways. Seems like it is ok now hopefully.

Ravi, I try the "Quote" now and seems to be ok. I will try a few other things. Just out of curiosity, what kind of fix did you have to do to make this work? Thanks a lot, anyways. Seems like it is ok now hopefully.
Regarding the old page showing up - It seems to be an Internet Explorer issue - not sure how to get around to it (yes, I can change the "Check for new page always" - but then it will slow down other browsing). Funnily enough in other cricket forums, I dont have this issue with IE browser and I dont think I had it with this forum - when you had the previous version of this website (before the 'hacking' or whatever caused this to crash). With Firefox (which I'm currently trying) - this seems to be ok. Lets see - my default is IE, so I may have to remember to use Firefox when I use this site.

I had to uninstall couple of unused modules. I thought that could have caused these issues.
Regarding the old page showing up - It seems to be an Internet Explorer issue - not sure how to get around to it (yes, I can change the "Check for new page always" - but then it will slow down other browsing). Funnily enough in other cricket forums, I dont have this issue with IE browser and I dont think I had it with this forum - when you had the previous version of this website (before the 'hacking' or whatever caused this to crash). With Firefox (which I'm currently trying) - this seems to be ok. Lets see - my default is IE, so I may have to remember to use Firefox when I use this site.
This seems to be a glitch to do with the current install. We have paid for this software and we have issues with this :P The old one was a GNU free one but had few security holes. We need to do a reinstall and see how we go but the forums is fairly busy all the times. We didn't want another down time. Hopefully we can get through this without a down time.

So where is this mysterious poondu. ....sounds very similar the tamil word for unmentionables.
Zap Brannigan (nice nic!) I think he is still just on a 'read' mode and trying to warm up. I registered a while ago, and I'm still slowly reading things and getting accustomed. It takes a lil' while, but slow and steady :thumbs_up: I believe poondu is not anything unmentionable, but poondu = Garlic (yes the thing you are supposed to eat to be healthy, but not while you want to go on a date :cantstop:

I had to uninstall couple of unused modules. I thought that could have caused these issues. This seems to be a glitch to do with the current install. We have paid for this software and we have issues with this :P The old one was a GNU free one but had few security holes. We need to do a reinstall and see how we go but the forums is fairly busy all the times. We didn't want another down time. Hopefully we can get through this without a down time.
Ravi, Now the "quote" works with IE also...interesting - will keep you posted as I "system test" this software, LOL!

Ravi, Now the "quote" works with IE also...interesting - will keep you posted as I "system test" this software, LOL!
Good on ya. Hopefully this is fixed for ever. I don't quite want to hear otherwise :wink_smile:

I would like to introduce and welcome Poondu as member of this DG. Poondu is a big Rajni fan, and finds some brilliant news articles and information on cricket. Hi Poondu - hope u post more over time.
Welcome my old friend Poondu- hope you have a good time here.