BOOMTOWN National Capital Region

gorah_pindu

Delhi master plan (click to enlarge) 07022007001028351635jm7.th.jpg 07022007002006392267dg1.th.jpg 07022007005001423a0adu6.th.jpg 080220070020075a1e4f0pc0.th.jpg delhiyamunaep6.jpg --- Rajpath re-development plan (click to enlarge) th_66240_23_04_2007_501_004_122_419lo.jpg --- Connaught Place re-development plan (click to enlarge) th_11178_12_05_2007_502_001_122_1191lo.jpg --- Noida Tower, Noida, 135 storey (possibly world's tallest) noidatower2xz.th.jpg --- Delhi Civic Centre, New Delhi, 28 storeys delhicivic14ww.jpg --- Unitech Heights, Greater Noida, 21 storeys unitechheightsnoidanite3xh.th.jpg ---

Unitech Horizon, Greater Noida, 21 storeys unitechhorizonnight5lj.th.jpg --- Uniworld City, Greater Noida uniworldgreaternoida1dy9.jpg --- Maruti Bharti HQ Office, Delhi maruti15d79c38jv6.jpg --- Ambi Mall, Delhi vaggc1.jpg --- Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi armycollegeb338b9doc6.jpg --- IT Park, Haryana it87dfefzo3.jpg --- Gurgaon corridor 110420060050049ah.jpg --- Anantraj Builders's IT Park, Manesar 1ia2.jpg --- BPTP IT Park, Gurgaon bptp3249a7eagf8.jpg --- Mall of India, Gurgaon 2on9.jpg

Delhi has undergone a facelift since the 90s and looks terrific in comparison now. It's satellite towns of Gurgaon and Noida are something else. The Yamuna does need some serious work and if they are able to achieve the above, it will be fantastic! :top:

Yawn. We won't see buildings like those anytime soon. Certainly not in my lifetime. I've been to Manesar BTW' date=' it's acres upon acres of dusty, uninhabited plains. You can only drive there up to a certain point.[/quote'] There is always someone on every site who says this - but have you actually looked into development in any detail - or are your opinions baseless? But if you actually followed architectural development in India, you would know that most proposed projects within the last few years are underway. Pretty much all residential projects are certain due to extreme housing demand (that covers half the stuff I posted above already), same goes for malls, and the rest of the projects are those kinda of government backed ones that may arrive 8 years late, but at least arrive.

Feasible or not, one has to appreciate GP's enthusiasm in bringing this to us. Certainly makes very good viewing, and if and when it comes off, will transform Delhi and Mumbai.
Thanks man, and yeh - I find watching development makes compelling entertainment :teeth_smile:

As lurker pointed out sometimes back apartments are getting beyond the reach of middle-class working in india.. the policy of allowing NRI to buy residential property needs to be revisited IMHO...
But the price of property is more to do with demand in India, than demand from a few NRIs.

Delhi has undergone a facelift since the 90s and looks terrific in comparison now. It's satellite towns of Gurgaon and Noida are something else. The Yamuna does need some serious work and if they are able to achieve the above' date=' it will be fantastic! :top:[/quote'] You ought to see Ahmedabad's riverside re-development project - Yamuna needs something like that.

It all looks impressive and most of it does and will materialize but the approach roads are terrible. Traffic in Gurgaon is so terrible that it takes a good 45 minutes to travel 4-5 kms in office hours.
Beurocracy and curruption strikes again - but even that is gradually improving.

You are a bit of an India-maniac, GP.:teeth_smile: I don't recall seeing quite this degree of enthusiasm in anybody before.
Well, its not good to be too nationalistic, because it blinds people to the beauty in the rest of the world - but I do wish India might one day be like Japan is today.

atleast medical college..and residential complexes can be seen in few years time.. that Noida tower is just a hype..nothing is gonna happen to that.. i just have a dream...to spend a good, pleasant evening near the banks of Yamuna..with cool breezes .green parks..and river filled with water.. now thats an impossible dream in my lifetime... saala delhi govt..have already spent more than 100 crores..on yamuna cleaning...and all we see is..black and stinky nala..

Every time I go back home to Noida, the changes there are mind-boggling. I really wanna visit the new Water park/Mall that's coming up just opposite the sector 16 market Agree with Preds about large tracts of open land.. This is what greater noida looks like now : [googlevideo]-6339661111758152312&hl=en[/googlevideo] And this is what Noida looks like (No, the lafangas in the vid don't include me :tounge_smile:) _k_wkpH5Aak

Do you feel like this about Britain?
No - India's rise is more interesting than a stable growth developed country which is already in a cultural peak. Although this wont happen due to closed-minded idiots who censor everything - id like to one day be able to read Indian manga, or watch Indian sci-fi, or play Indian computer games, or read Indian fantasy. Id like to see Vedic Metal on MTV. Id like to see subculture. Id like for Mumbai to look like this: http://www.dusso.com/pages/EP3/cpa.1.jpg