Arrogant,classless,sore loser,cry baby Roger Federer!!

SachDan

Not overrated at all. One of the top 2-3 players of all time and arguably the best. He is certainly past his best but in his last 2 slam meetings with Djokovic (playing freakishly good tennis) he beat him in Paris and should have beaten him here. Nadal is his only major weakness IMO and i am convinced that is more of a mental problem than anything else.
All time great ? what by beating the llikes of Roddick ? he ws just lucky that for a period of 3-4 years there wwas not one top class player ...& you are forgetting that he has a bad record agianst Murray too , so thats poor record aginst 3 of the current top 3 players ... overrated he is .

All time great ? what by beating the llikes of Roddick ? he ws just lucky that for a period of 3-4 years there wwas not one top class player ...& you are forgetting that he has a bad record agianst Murray too , so thats poor record aginst 3 of the current top 3 players ... overrated he is .
He has a losing record agst Murray, but did you know that Sampras has a losing record vs Richard Krajiceck ? Or Leyton Hewitt (though he was past his prime when Hewitt came along)? Does not stop him from being one of the greatest of all time (in fact Samps is not given enough due IMO in these GOAT debates... it is not all about Rafa and Fed) When it has mattered the most Federer has beaten Murray. He was winning slams till last year and is still not just competing but beating the rest of the current top 3 who, lest we forget, are 5 or 6 years younger...

^ Exactly. Rafa is the greatest IMO, given he has won an Olympic Gold and David Cup, and fitness permitting will overtake Fed in GS's won... but Fed is not far behind at all. The other thing is it will be interesting to see where Djoks career goes from here, if Rafa and Fed are the two greatest players of all time and Nole has a 10-1 record vs them this season.. well its scary. Doubt he can maintain this form, he is arguably the greatest sportsman operating at this moment. But he will need to achieve a bit more to cement his place as all time tennis great
I still think Federer is past his best. His forehand fails him too often. Nadal is not not quite the player he was in 2008/2009. it is amazing that Nadal bounced back from his tendinitis injury to produce the level of tennis he has been producing. I have a friend who has a more extreme version of the same injury and he can't walk without pain.

I still think Federer is past his best. His forehand fails him too often. Nadal is not not quite the player he was in 2008/2009. it is amazing that Nadal bounced back from his tendinitis injury to produce the level of tennis he has been producing. I have a friend who has a more extreme version of the same injury and he can't walk without pain.
for a guy who is according to you, "past his best", he played pretty good tennis in the french open and US open this year...... I still maintain that Fedex has 2-3 Slams left in him and Nadal will never be able to overtake his tally of Grand Slams.

^ Exactly. Rafa is the greatest IMO, given he has won an Olympic Gold and David Cup, and fitness permitting will overtake Fed in GS's won... but Fed is not far behind at all. The other thing is it will be interesting to see where Djoks career goes from here, if Rafa and Fed are the two greatest players of all time and Nole has a 10-1 record vs them this season.. well its scary. Doubt he can maintain this form, he is arguably the greatest sportsman operating at this moment. But he will need to achieve a bit more to cement his place as all time tennis great
Couldn't agree with you more. Djoko has been operating at a different level altogether. But this phase won't remain forever. Once this dark purple patch is over, then we need to see how he fares.

I would not call him overrated but for me, the biggest blot in his career would always be, that he has mental problems against the first real challenge that came along his otherwise very smooth career. Makes me think of this : "Big fish or small pond"

for a guy who is according to you, "past his best", he played pretty good tennis in the french open and US open this year...... I still maintain that Fedex has 2-3 Slams left in him and Nadal will never be able to overtake his tally of Grand Slams.
Did he win anyone of them? No. He was at his best, as he himself cited, in both these events but still either Rafa or Djoko were good enough to get past that. As for the 2nd part, I am pretty sure its the emotions of you speaking.

He played excellent tennis but his forehand lets him down far more often than it did in the past. Also, i think the beatings he has taken from Nadal have badly affected his mental strength. In the past he was so strong mentally and could be relied upon to close out a set or match. The old Federer would have won the 1st set at the French (he outplayed Nadal for much of that set) and would have surely closed out the match against Djokovic. Djokovic on the other hand used to be mentally quite week but is becoming invincible these days.

He is a bit past his best, he is not the player he was. 30, especially for a tennis player is old. The fact that he is playing as well as he is, is testament to his genius. the biggest blot in his career would always be, that he has mental problems against the first real challenge that came along his otherwise very smooth career Could that also be said of Rafa vs Novak Version 2 :D

Did he win anyone of them? No. He was at his best, as he himself cited, in both these events but still either Rafa or Djoko were good enough to get past that. As for the 2nd part, I am pretty sure its the emotions of you speaking.
we will see. IIRC many, many people had completely written off a certain batsman around 2007..........and now that batsman is one century away from 100 international 100s. So, you write off a genius like Roger Federer at your own peril :winky:

we will see. IIRC many' date=' many people had completely written off a certain batsman around 2007..........and now that batsman is one century away from 100 international 100s. So, you write off a genius like Roger Federer at your own peril :winky:[/quote'] I never wrote Sachin off. :--D. For him to win a slam, players like Djoko and Rafa have to be either injured or out of form.

I have seen a lot of tennis. Federer of late 2004,2005,06 and early 07 would own Djoker hands down and Nadal on any surface other than clay. The only problem Federer had was with Nadal and that too on clay.His 06 season read something like 95-4 with all 4 losses on clay. 30 in tennis years in this era is like 80-90 years :)I bet Novak or Nadal will not be able to play this way after 26-27. There will never be another player like Federer.CLASS!

I never wrote Sachin off. :--D. For him to win a slam, players like Djoko and Rafa have to be either injured or out of form.
Nah, Federer can beat Djoker as he showed in the French Open (and almost at the US Open). Nadal getting knocked out would be a big help for him though because it's just not a good match-up for Fed. Nadal will rape the backhand again. Fed would rather play Djoker than Nadal and Nadal would rather play Fed than Djoker.