Shami ahmed-First impression..!!!

Blue Panther

What logic? What wrong has Yadav done in Test to be dropped? This was my trio before Shami became a favourite with ICF. I'm sticking with that.
Yadav is a must surely. We should play a pacer with a strike rate of 46 in tests and bowls 140 to 150 k. A wicket taking genuine quick cannot be dropped from tests, especially on green tops. Shami is the only bowler in the team who combines skill with pace and is taking wickets. He can swing, seam and reverse swing the ball both ways at 135 to 145 k. It is crazy to drop him. Logically, It should be a choice between Zaheer and Bhuvi for the 3rd pacer's slot.
Yadav is a must surely. We should play a pacer with a strike rate of 46 in tests and bowls 140 to 150 k. A wicket taking genuine quick cannot be dropped from tests, especially on green tops. Shami is the only bowler in the team who combines skill with pace and is taking wickets. He can swing, seam and reverse swing the ball both ways at 135 to 145 k. It is crazy to drop him. Logically, It should be a choice between Zaheer and Bhuvi for the 3rd pacer's slot.
I want Zaheer to play but again I think Bhuvi would be a handful in SA. Would love to have Yadav in the side but he is more likely to be the one to miss out. Atleast for the 1st Test.

Wether Umesh plays in Tests or not will depend a large extent on how he bowls in the 3 ODIs before those tests. He will replace Mohit as the 3rd seamer in ODI squad and remains to be seen how he bowls. By his own admission, he has not been feeling in good rhythm since the Challenger Trophy and felt there were technical issues with his action which he has been working on.

I want Zaheer to play but again I think Bhuvi would be a handful in SA. Would love to have Yadav in the side but he is more likely to be the one to miss out. Atleast for the 1st Test.
I think this is the first time in our test history that we have 4 good pace candidates fighting for 3 slots. Feels good. :two_thumbs_up: Normally, it is ," who the hell is going to be the 3rd or 2nd pacer in tests ?". :cantstop:
In Australia our 3rd pacers were Ishant and Vinay lol
You forgot Mithun :giggle: Actually Aaron and PK were picked initially but had to be withdrawn due to injury. Other than them , Sreesanth was injured, Irfan was coming back from injury, RP Singh was looking like a halwai, Shami was still in early stages of his career, The only other option was Dinda :fear:
I think this is the first time in our test history that we have 4 good pace candidates fighting for 3 slots. Feels good. :two_thumbs_up: Normally, it is ," who the hell is going to be the 3rd or 2nd pacer in tests ?". :cantstop:
Lol so true I will be happy even if umesh does not plays unless ish at plays :mad:
You forgot Mithun :giggle: Actually Aaron and PK were picked initially but had to be withdrawn due to injury. Other than them , Sreesanth was injured, Irfan was coming back from injury, RP Singh was looking like a halwai, Shami was still in early stages of his career, The only other option was Dinda :fear:
Even Mithun's was in that squad? :cantstop: Ishant averaged 90+ there. We even played 4 pacers there. Vinay bowling his 125ks dollies. :laugh: