Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

Indian cricket fans? If u check the stadia attendence as well as television viewer ratings fans care lot more about those supposed meaningless ODIs than test cricket
ya dat's true in d recent past indian cricket fans really showin some int in the tests den d meaningless odis even though our team lost d test series badly against england
Indian cricket fans? If u check the stadia attendence as well as television viewer ratings fans care lot more about those supposed meaningless ODIs than test cricket
those who don't understand cricket thinks that odis are great and test is boring and partly because in india FC crickeet involves scoring 400 runs so it beocmes boring...and mainly batting rules in the minds of indians
if you are good enuf for Tests ' date=' ODI's dont really matter . infact i would rather have him play only Tests & selective ODI's just to save him from injuries.[/quote'] No one says "does it matter." Question put forward by me with validty was that someone good at test cricket is not necessarily good at odi cricket. Instead of doing this >>>>:cantstop: Watch cricket.
Yeah he is top 10 but the difference between him as a test bowler and a ODI bowler is incredible. There are a few bowlers i would pick ahead of Steyn in ODI's.
yes, but in tests, he is head and shoulders above rest and there is no one in ODIs who is as good as what he is in test.
Malinga?
not even Malinga. He was thrashed by Pakistan in recent ODIs and so by India in WC final. His ODI record is no extra ordinary. He is best in T20s, mainly in IPL, with his yorkers and slower balls. Shane Bond, Brett Lee...their ODI records can be termed as outstanding.
not even Malinga. He was thrashed by Pakistan in recent ODIs and so by India in WC final. His ODI record is no extra ordinary. He is best in T20s, mainly in IPL, with his yorkers and slower balls. Shane Bond, Brett Lee...their ODI records can be termed as outstanding.
actually Malinga go down after 2007 world cuo...may be he played well in a series where SL won against OZ in OZ even his T20 performances are good for MI only...i sont see he will continue in International cricket for long
actually Malinga go down after 2007 world cuo...may be he played well in a series where SL won against OZ in OZ even his T20 performances are good for MI only...i sont see he will continue in International cricket for long
Check his ODI stats for this year. 24 ODIs, 48 wickets@19, not good enough?:winky:
Check his ODI stats for this year. 24 ODIs' date=' 48 wickets@19, not good enough?:winky:[/quote'] last year looks to be good, but he is yet achieve the heights like Bond and Lee achieved in ODIs. Actually Lee had started his test career amazingly well in 1999 and had 42 wickets in his first 7 tests.
thats really good..actually its great.. What about last 4 years.. Imo his MI efforrs are far better than his bowling for SL :winky:
2008 and 2009 he struggled with injuries missing most of those years. From mid 2010 onwards (after IPL 3), he has been playing the ODIs regularly and has returns of 66 wickets in 35 odis since then. And its during that time that he has been at his best for MI too.
Really? His pace was pretty good. He bowled some real rubbish though.
Pace was good but was not consistent..same about all Indian bowlers. They do not do enough methodical practice I guess to bowl consistent. Even Zaheer was crap today most of the time. I Ishant bowled some good deliveries with 2nd new ball but also gave boundaries. Zak rarely beat batsman with 2nd new ball. Yadav and Ishant bowled too straight, not enough corridor bowling at good length. Overall, poor bowling by every one, no exceptions.