Shakeel Khan - Assassin in white

ganeshran

Finger was up before the bowler turned to appeal cantstop:
Well that shows the confidence of Shakeel Khan (No pun intended)...couldn't make out anything from Gooch's dissmisal but Gatting was plumb on the googly. I don't remember anyone making fun of David Sheperd who was equally quick in giving decision. English team have remained greatest whinners on surface of Earth...I remember their 1984 tour after losing first test they started their usual whinning tactics which disappeared after they won subsequent test matches.

Well that shows the confidence of Shakeel Khan (No pun intended)...couldn't make out anything from Gooch's dissmisal but Gatting was plumb on the googly. I don't remember anyone making fun of David Sheperd who was equally quick in giving decision. English team have remained greatest whinners on surface of Earth...I remember their 1984 tour after losing first test they started their usual whinning tactics which disappeared after they won subsequent test matches.
Are you seriously comparing the likes of Shakeel Khan and Shakoor Rana with David Shepherd? Shepherd was biased in disciplining the players with often warning the Asian players more than he did with Englsh. But as an umpire he was quite good. Biased idiots like these were the reason umpiring became a huge issue in the subcontinent in the 80s and eventually neutral umpires rule was brought in. There is one more gem where 3 plumb appeals of Inzi are not given off Mc Grath. Regarding the decisions, Gooch didnt seem to have any edge or deflection on the way to the keeper and Gatting was by no means plumb. The impact was a marginal call whether it struck in line or outside off. In any case the umpire usually deliberates for atleast a second before ruling it either way. Here it looked like he had already preempted the decision as soon as the ball hit the pads

If you think the Gatting one was plumb lbw, you are either deluded, a Paki in disguise, or needs to get yours eyes checked.....which one is it????

If you think the Gatting one was plumb lbw' date=' you are either deluded, a Paki in disguise, or needs to get yours eyes checked.....which one is it????[/quote'] Check at 0.11 when ball hits you can't see middle and off stump...he is sweeping right in front off stump even though when you look at his front leg (which I agree is outside off) the ball has actually hit his back leg. All I am saying just because he raised his finger quickly doesn't mean he is incompetent. For sake of it I don't praise or abuse someone on basis of his nationality. English umpires are good but that is because they stand in lot of county matches unlike subcontinent umpires....but today no one does better umpiring than Aleem Dar who is a Pakistani. I bet if this decision was given by him you all would have praised it wholeheartedly.

Are you seriously comparing the likes of Shakeel Khan and Shakoor Rana with David Shepherd? Shepherd was biased in disciplining the players with often warning the Asian players more than he did with Englsh. But as an umpire he was quite good. Biased idiots like these were the reason umpiring became a huge issue in the subcontinent in the 80s and eventually neutral umpires rule was brought in. There is one more gem where 3 plumb appeals of Inzi are not given off Mc Grath. Regarding the decisions, Gooch didnt seem to have any edge or deflection on the way to the keeper and Gatting was by no means plumb. The impact was a marginal all whether it struck in line or outside off. In any case the umpire usually deliberates for atleast a second before ruling it either way. Here it looked like he had already preempted the decision as soon as the ball hit the pads
Nope I am not comparing anyone to umpire Shepherd ....all I am saying is English players loved to complain about umpiring in subcontinent during 80s and 90s.They never had balls to accept that they were pathetic travelers and inferior team to India or Pakistan. Why they never complained about Aus and NZ umpires who were equally pathetic in 80s....think ????

Check at 0.11 when ball hits you can't see middle and off stump...he is sweeping right in front off stump even though when you look at his front leg (which I agree is outside off) the ball has actually hit his back leg. All I am saying just because he raised his finger quickly doesn't mean he is incompetent. For sake of it I don't praise or abuse someone on basis of his nationality. English umpires are good but that is because they stand in lot of county matches unlike subcontinent umpires....but today no one does better umpiring than Aleem Dar who is a Pakistani. I bet if this decision was given by him you all would have praised it wholeheartedly.
No you are not a Paki, but the problem is with your eyes. It hit the front leg and the point of contact is slightly outside the off stump and the ball is spinning away. Nope Shakeel is a Shaitan!!

Check at 0.11 when ball hits you can't see middle and off stump...he is sweeping right in front off stump even though when you look at his front leg (which I agree is outside off) the ball has actually hit his back leg. All I am saying just because he raised his finger quickly doesn't mean he is incompetent. For sake of it I don't praise or abuse someone on basis of his nationality. English umpires are good but that is because they stand in lot of county matches unlike subcontinent umpires....but today no one does better umpiring than Aleem Dar who is a Pakistani. I bet if this decision was given by him you all would have praised it wholeheartedly.
LOL you are doing just that when you are describe the quality Aus or NZ umpires and criticising English players for whining. Every umpire requires some time to analyze the decision unless its absolutely plumb, but his hand went up instantly. The decision was dodgy, most probably wrong. And no, we wouldnt have been praising it regardless of whether it was Aleem Dar or Bucknor or Venkatraghavan. It was not only a shocker, it was most probably intentionally biased which makes it even worse.

LOL you are doing just that when you are describe the quality Aus or NZ umpires and criticising English players for whining. Every umpire requires some time to analyze the decision unless its absolutely plumb, but his hand went up instantly. The decision was dodgy, most probably wrong. And no, we wouldnt have been praising it regardless of whether it was Aleem Dar or Bucknor or Venkatraghavan. It was not only a shocker, it was most probably intentionally biased which makes it even worse.
You are missing the point ....never mentioned Aus or NZ umpires in first place but gave an example that why we don't laugh at their decision ....just because they take long time to give decision would not absolve them....(and because he was subcontinental umpire it is easy to poke fun) ...as for English Players its not nationality it is what it is they are whinners to core ...I despise some cricketers from other countries & even India (for non-sporting behaviour), but honestly English team has consistently shown they cannot take defeat in Subcontinent sportingly . ...although not as bad as 80s/90s and getting better ( more due to India's financial power sadly). As for English team's nationality ...it is a joke they have people of all ethnicity/country/region in world..so it is more so to do with team as an Institution (I never saw Andy flower whine till he was with ZIM) not their nationality for LOL....it is like saying an IITian behaving in a particular manner not that he was from Mumbai or Chennai.

You are missing the point ....never mentioned Aus or NZ umpires in first place but gave an example that why we don't laugh at their decision ....just because they take long time to give decision would not absolve them....(and because he was subcontinental umpire it is easy to poke fun) ...as for English Players its not nationality it is what it is they are whinners to core ...I despise some cricketers from other countries & even India (for non-sporting behaviour), but honestly English team has consistently shown they cannot take defeat in Subcontinent sportingly . ...although not as bad as 80s/90s and getting better ( more due to India's financial power sadly). As for English team's nationality ...it is a joke they have people of all ethnicity/country/region in world..so it is more so to do with team as an Institution (I never saw Andy flower whine till he was with ZIM) not their nationality for LOL....it is like saying an IITian behaving in a particular manner not that he was from Mumbai or Chennai.
No one absolved any umpire based on nationality - If an umpire gives a shocker it will be made fun off, Here the umpire first gave a wrong caught behind despite the fact that there was no deflection. He then gave a decision wrong when the impact was outside off. Though the second was a marginal call, the eagerness of the umpire to give the decision shows that he already made the decision to give that out regardless of what actually happened. And this was nothing limited to English sides. the visiting SL team faced a similar predicament in their tour to Pakistan as well, though they returned the favour when Pak toured later. That the home umpiring was biased in the 80s is well known, but Pakistani umpires did it much more and longer than everyone else.

Dont know what youre talking about .That wasnt a googly and it was a horrible decision,period.