Where are ha8ers now?

Chaos

3 consec dot balls?
42.1 Ntini to Dravid, no run, just stands there and swipes at a back of a length delivery over off stump....and misses, a tired shot 42.2 Ntini to Dravid, no run, again his feet dont move at all as he wafts at one wider of the stumps and fails to connect 42.3 Ntini to Dravid, no run, third ball in a row! Dravid cant touch a ball, standing rooted and fishing at one, urgently, but failing to connect...thats three dot balls 42.4 Ntini to Dravid, no run, good ball, yorker on middle and leg which he manages to scoop back to Ntini's right How about 4 from Dravid? I would have imagined having watched so many ODIs you would know that such things happen. Heck, Yuvraj played out 4 dot balls when the RRR was more than a run a ball in the last match. You just can't hit everything.
88 to 98 in singles.
After Dravid had fallen, Yuvraj was settling in, and we had inexperienced Karthik, and a non entity Sharma to follow it was a smart move. Infact, if we had scored even at Tendulkar's rate during that time in the slog overs we would have got to a bigger total. Karthik played a small gem but the rest as you saw were completely out of sorts.
may be. with 8 wickets hand' date=' may be not.[/quote'] Sure, with the likes of Yuvraj, Karthik, nobody, nobody, nobody, nobody, nobody to follow maybe we were not in a tight spot!! And believe it or not when it comes to this nobody he occupies a lot of batting slots in the Indian lineup.
Because I watched the innings live and ball by ball. It's infact the only innings I have watched this season after the WC.
So, tell me, when you watched him go from 88 to 94 (before RD got out) in singles, did you think he was getting as much as possible from those deliveries?
So, tell me, when you watched him go from 88 to 94 (before RD got out) in singles, did you think he was getting as much as possible from those deliveries?
Absolutely. He played an extravagant drive off Ntini which for its intention was meant to go for a boundary but mistimed it and luckily fell short of the fielder. He played an inside out drive off Langeveldt during that time and was ofcourse scampering his singles. That's more than enough risks IMO around the 40th over with only 2 batsmen to follow in a space of 7 deliveries. Moreover, that 88 itself is nothing but an artificial cut off you have formed in your mind because he got from 84 to 88 by a deliberate cut over gully for 4, another risky shot. Now, unless you spend your evenings having beer with Tendulkar every day its hard for me to believe that he starts thinking of his century at 88 and not at 84.
Whats wrong with that? Thats a srike rate of 100. Its also intelligent batting as the biggest hitter in the team ie yuvraj was at the other end. Makes sense in slog overs to take single and get the crowd killer on strike' date=' that clever cricket![/quote'] Dsr, Do you then agree that Sachin has become more of a grafter and a sheet anchor. Keep in mind , Sachin up until 2003 was even bigger hitter than Yuvi ever was.
Dsr, Do you then agree that Sachin has become more of a grafter and a sheet anchor. Keep in mind , Sachin up until 2003 was even bigger hitter than Yuvi ever was.
Ofcourse he has. With age and injury, everyone's game changes and learning to adapt in international cricket is the key. But tell me who would you rather have - a Viv Richards who despite all the swagger et al. averaged not even 30 in his last 50 ODIs or a Tendulkar who still averages close to 45 despite losing a bit of the aggressive streak?
Ofcourse he has. With age and injury, everyone's game changes and learning to adapt in international cricket is the key. But tell me who would you rather have - a Viv Richards who despite all the swagger et al. averaged not even 30 in his last 50 ODIs or a Tendulkar who still averages close to 45 despite losing a bit of the aggressive streak?
I followed the discussion on this thread and I tend to agree with you. In all seriousness , Sachin is still force to reckon with . His recent performance unlike SA and WC performance has been reasonably good. He is still in the top 5 bracket in the nation , in my opinion.
38.4 Hall to Tendulkar, no run, short delivery on top of leg stump, Tendulkar walks across the stumps and tries to pull but misses 38.5 Hall to Tendulkar, no run, now he backs away to leg and tries to hammer it through the off side but the ball moves in and he's beaten on the cut, good bounce there 38.6 Hall to Tendulkar, no run, half-volley outside off stump, he steps aside and drives but straight to mid-off, if he hadnt moved outside his crease he could have taken toll of that delivery
yoda, aren't you contradicting yourself? If he was deliberately playing slow, why would he have gone for three extravagant shots i.e. missed pull, backing away to leg to hammer through off and stepping aside and driving? Strange.
yoda' date=' aren't you contradicting yourself? If he was deliberately playing slow, why would he have gone for three extravagant shots i.e. missed pull, backing away to leg to hammer through off and stepping aside and driving? Strange.[/quote'] deliberately playing slow is not the main issue/question for me. also that question only arises as he started taking singles inching towards the 3 figure mark. the important question is, did this inning merit his talent and performance level in terms of SR?
Dsr' date=' Do you then agree that Sachin has become more of a grafter and a sheet anchor. Keep in mind , Sachin up until 2003 was even bigger hitter than Yuvi ever was.[/quote'] Not sure. Depends on bowlers and conditions. He still does does do sparkling innings at times with high strike rates. Look at the 2nd odi. look at a knock he did pre Wc against windies when he got ton, all at good lick.

Found this in the AC archives: -------------------------- http://autofeed.msn.co.in/pandorav3/output/Cricket/3d0a9e44-1ed7-4167-82be-608d21b2c0e9.aspx Sachin Tendulkar's cricket career will end this year due to injuries, a Pakistani astrologer, who has previously been correct in his predictions, has said. "Tendulkar's stars show his career will end this year and the latest operation may prove (to be) the cause," Lahore-based Abdullah Shaukat Chowdhry has been quoted as saying by bbc.co.uk . "Among Chowdhry's famous correct predictions were former Pakistan great Imran Khan to suffer a shin bone injury in 1980s, Pope John Paul to die because of ill health in 2005, an earthquake to hit South Asia in December 2004 and Tony Blair to win a third election," said BBC. ------------------------------------------------- Interesting ? Written in 2005. Had to chuckle. :regular_smile: After one poster called it 'Crap', The Undertaker replied: "I wouldn't write this off as crap. Apparently, this dude is spot on with his predictions. Only this year he predicted the next ODI world cup would be in the West Indies. He also said England would thrash Bangladesh in the first Test and that was as far back as stumps on the first day! He's also been right about December following November for 7 years in a row."