West Indies tour of India, Nov-Dec 2011

ganeshran

Unless the pitch is a turner I don't see India going in with a 2-2 combination. We have lot of part timers who can roll their arm but no one who bowls seam up. It'll be exciting to see Ishant' date=' Yadav and Aaron to play together. I'd like Rahul Sharma to get a game as well.[/quote'] I agree, exciting times ahead, 3 fast bowlers , bowling in tandem, that hasn't ever happened, Rahul Sharma should be given chances too,his first class record has been an abberration , bcoz he had a handicap earlier, he has recovered, he can only get better from here.

As far as spinners are concerned.... on current form, ojha should be the number 1 choice. He has been taking wickets like crazy in his recent county games in england as well as the domestic t20 tourney in india. The second spinners slot (if we decide to play 2 of them) should be a toss up between ashwin and rahul, but here too i think ashwin's superior batting skills should work in his favour. Good luck to the playing 11.... let's destroy the west indies :pray:

I am so so happy with the team selected for the first test. I had this thing in my mind, that no trundlers like PK and VK should be selected, but I thought that i am hoping against hope. But, I am really surprised to see the team selected and so happy. My team will be-- V Sehwag G Gambhir R Dravid S Tendulkar V Laxman Y Singh MS Dhoni R Ashwin V Aaron I Sharma U Yadav
+1
the bowling selection definatly smacks of fletcher having a big say. he loves speed merchants and hates trundlers. either that or cheeka has joined icf and has been reading the anti trundler threads.
Yeah the squad has the feel of a Fletcher side. After the debacle in Eng he realised he had to do something. Out go the old failures which were endlessly recycled and in come fresher younger talent. About time we turned the page. At last some forward thinking being shown, the only downside is Yuseless being given YET ANOTHER CHANCE - seriously how many lives has this proven failure been given? :facepalm:

I dont understand by the Indian selectors are keeping Dravid, SRT, VVS in the squad for home games. If its only for 1st test...& then for the next 2 test...only 2 from the above 3 should be in the XI. Reason being that home series against WI is better to test out players for Aus tour & also future in mind. For 1st Test...my playing XI will be: Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli, SRT (if 100% fit..otherwise Dravid) VVS, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Ashwin, Ojha, Yadav, Ishant. Gambhir,

Yeah the squad has the feel of a Fletcher side. After the debacle in Eng he realised he had to do something. Out go the old failures which were endlessly recycled and in come fresher younger talent. About time we turned the page. At last some forward thinking being shown, the only downside is Yuseless being given YET ANOTHER CHANCE - seriously how many lives has this proven failure been given? :facepalm:
Chance to score runs in home games...& then flop overseas...but maybe the selectors consider his good score in the only innings in Eng before his injury & decided to give him another chance. I am looking forward to his fitness though. Last time he have a break after IPL & before Eng tour...he put quite a few pounds. Now lets see if he is fit or have put more pounds :nervous:

starting eleven------- viru,gg,dravid,kohli,laxman,yuvi,msd,ishant,uy,ashwin,aaron/ojha depending on d surface......... bhajji:hehe: kinda amazes me sachin skipped the tests in windies.. now ready 2 play them at home series....lol trying 2 score 100th ton nd increase his test average :winky: i wont play sachin in a single test match kohli should play istead of him nd yuvi at 6th , yuvi is usefull as a part timer nd a decent fielder selectors did well not 2 chose pk as he wont get the swing in these conditions nd would have got battered.. rather a welcome break so he can be fit for odi`s nd aus tour selectors have picked 3 fast bowlers, giving an impression that they`ll go with a 2-2 combination

The only debatable selection in this is Yuvraj and even he deserves a chance tbh .Since returning to test cricket he made 2 50s in 2 matches he played and then got injured.So fair enough to give him a decent run before discarding. Also his technique is well suited to Aussie pitches unlike Raina.His part time bowling could be useful too. So overall great selection IMO I hope we only rotate Sachin / Dravid and Laxman.Only 2 of the 3 should play against WI with Kohli also being given a chance IMO.
his technique suited 2 australian pitches?:doh: u remember his last tour 2 australia....:omg:

Superb Squad except Yuvraj Singh. We could have tried another youngster. Team for Test 1 Sehwag Gambhir Dravid Sachin VVS Yuvraj Dhoni Ashwin Umesh Yadav Ojha Ishant Sharma I hope Dhoni goes for Rahul Sharma...I like his inclusion. Selector have seen some talent there and straight away put him to the test.

In Australia we need a spinner that can bowl long spell and keep the pressure up, if we have to win. Before that I can't wait for 6th Nov. Lets kick some @ss and guess what we have full fledged batting line up hopefully fully fit and raring to ***** the world again.

In Australia we need a spinner that can bowl long spell and keep the pressure up, if we have to win. Before that I can't wait for 6th Nov. Lets kick some @ss and guess what we have full fledged batting line up hopefully fully fit and raring to ***** the world again.
Ojha can do that. But people seem to be creaming themselves over Rahul Sharma and Ashwin :giggle:

I think selecting uv is a good move. He is such a great talent, he should be given more opportunites to prove his worth. He has the potential to take the game away from the opposition in a matter of one hour. Still remember the knock he played against pakistan in bangalore, and the innings he played with sachin against england in chennai.

I think selecting uv is a good move. He is such a great talent' date=' he should be given more opportunites to prove his worth. He has the potential to take the game away from the opposition in a matter of one hour. Still remember the knock he played against pakistan in bangalore, and the innings he played with sachin against england in chennai.[/quote'] :sleep: