West Indies tour of India, Nov-Dec 2011

ganeshran

The crowd in Ahmedabad was overtly aggressive. They booed everytime a West Indies player got out. BUT They also booed all the Indian bowlers who made false runs/starts (who would run and stop just before their delivery) And they did cheer for Pollard when Pollard responded with his namastes But it was a jampacked crowd and a very lively one. The kind of crowds we need for an ODI match.
felt embarrasing when rampaul was booed on receiving mom
u gujju too huh? :--D ok can you explain why this kind of behaviour? even in wc against ponting?
No. I'd rather have an active crowd in a full stadium like the one in Ahmedabad rather than the kind of crowds we've been seeing lately. Although the Ahmedabad crowd was a bit too aggressive and should show some restraint.
No. Just know that anything like this and ICFers would start "Modi, Godhra, Hindu, Muslim...blah blah blah" :winky: I'd rather have an active crowd in a full stadium like the one in Ahmedabad rather than the kind of crowds we've been seeing lately. Although they should be a bit controlled.
sorry for a moment i thought your location was ahmedabad below your avatar and so assumed you gujju.
one of my friends who attended the Ahd QF against aus tells that the crowd aggression against aussies was one of the factors in our victories. so I would take a partisan crowd if it helps in Indian victory :)
there's a diff betn partisan and booing opp during presentation. no one asking you to clap like the englishmen but don't boo eithe.
Booing opposition players is shameful..atleast make up some innovative chants like posted by Saurav in his wankhede thread.
In Ahmedabad, the chant that reverberated all around was 'Cheater, Cheater' that started after the Kohli dismissal, thanks to his antics. That continued for a long time. No other chants as well, the regular 'Jitega bhai Jitega' type of stuff. Not a creative bunch, but a hyperactive one. Their Mexican waves were far far better than the Wankhede crowd.
In Ahmedabad, the chant that reverberated all around was 'Cheater, Cheater' that started after the Kohli dismissal, thanks to his antics. That continued for a long time. No other chants as well, the regular 'Jitega bhai Jitega' type of stuff. Not a creative bunch, but a hyperactive one. Their Mexican waves were far far better than the Wankhede crowd.
west indies players were booed during presentation

still remember in the last Aus tour he was rushed in for somebody,played immediately after landing,got cleaned up by Brett Lee n was never given chance for a long time.felt bad for him nice to see him get his ton.although I was surprised he walked off immediately after

still remember in the last Aus tour he was rushed in for somebody,played immediately after landing,got cleaned up by Brett Lee n was never given chance for a long time.felt bad for him nice to see him get his ton.although I was surprised he walked off immediately after
I guess he's played twice just after landing from the plane. Ridiculous!
cheered pollard and sammy. also indore game cheered i believe. shameful behaviour in ahmedabad where they booed.
They got what they deserved in ahmedabad...India lost...only loss in series... their booing made windies players work that much harder bad ground.. bad amenities, and therefore worst indian record on any home ground of late...