Spot-fixing: Butt, Asif and Aamer found guilty, sentenced to jail !!

SachDan

If the ICC never wanted to see the trio back' date=' they would've been slapped with a life bans. It's simple, really.[/quote'] ok ,ban needs to be lifted and he should be allowed to play like nothing happened before .Plus ICC should pay for all the harassment he gone through during this time . I SUPPORT !!
Ideally speaking, a jail is supposed to be a correctional facility. So when you are done with the jail term, you have been reformed into a 'good' citizen. Take an example. You have a teller who works in the bank and is entrusted with the key to the main locker that houses all the money. One fine day, he decides to rob a few notes from the safe, thinking that no one would notice a few missing rupees. Unfortunately for him, the CCTV camera catches him red handed and the manager of the bank hands him over to the police. He is sentenced to a year in jail. Do you think that upon his release he can go back to that bank (or any bank) and say " Now that I've served my jail term you should hire me because I'm reformed and also because I've been the most efficient/ fastest teller in the business and deserve a place back purely on merit"? The bank reserves the right to take a call on whom to employ and can debar him form working for them ever again. And it would be justified in doing so. A similar thing is happening here.
I am not saying he should be back or not but this is not a correct example to represent Aamer's case...
By your definition, every person who wrongs must be put to death because he will always commit the same evil when he is released. Second chances dude. He wasn't let off without punishment you know.
No, he can lead a normal life outside the game. I'm not saying that he should be in jail for the rest of his life. The argument that he was a naive kid has been torn apart during the investigation. He is as guilty as the other two.
Errr he didn't fix any match. He was sentenced for spot-fixing. There's a saying, "You reap what you sow". Aamer was involved in spot-fixing, got awarded a sentence. He is reaping the result of his actions. Now once the sentence ends, he, like every former wrong doer, has the fundamental right to live freely in the society and do as he pleases under rules and regulations of course. And that includes playing Cricket.
So are you ok with one of your players "spot fixing" instead of "match fixing" :haha: What happened to bringing "shame" and "dishonor" to the nation :confused:
No, he can lead a normal life outside the game. I'm not saying that he should be in jail for the rest of his life. The argument that he was a naive kid has been torn apart during the investigation. He is as guilty as the other two.
Yep - I had a shred of sympathy for him before the full evidence came through, but as it was revealed, he was neck deep in it, certainly no innocent village boy bullied into it by Butt.
So are you ok with one of your players "spot fixing" instead of "match fixing" :haha: What happened to bringing "shame" and "dishonor" he brought to the nation :confused:
He is paying for his wrong doings. Shame and dishonor he brought us. And only we have the right to decide whether he must return or not. Having said that, Asif's return is a big NO from my side. Past record matters a lot here.
He is paying for his wrong doings. Shame and dishonor he brought us. And only we have the right to decide whether he must return or not. Having said that, Asif's return is a big NO from my side. Past record matters a lot here.
So punishment for bringing shame and dishonor to your nation is a 5 year ban :giggle: Sure get him and all the fixers into the team :haha:
If the ICC never wanted to see the trio back' date=' they would've been slapped with a life bans. It's simple, really.[/quote'] That is a fair point. If in the future ICC decide to rescind their punishment, we will have to accept them back. On a side note, I don't know about you, but if I found out that the bartan maanjnewali was stealing from my home, I would never hire her again. There are many more who can do a satisfactory job at what she does. And on the same lines, if I were the PCB president/CEO, I wouldn't let the coach take Aamer back into the side. PS: I'm not saying this because I'm an Indian and Aamer is a Pakistani. I'm saying this from what I think is correct morally and with a view to lessen the risk in the future. If an Indian player was caught spot fixing, I'd say the same.
That is a fair point. If in the future ICC decide to rescind their punishment, we will have to accept them back. On a side note, I don't know about you, but if I found out that the bartan maanjnewali was stealing from my home, I would never hire her again. There are many more who can do a satisfactory job at what she does. And on the same lines, if I were the PCB president/CEO, I wouldn't let the coach take Aamer back into the side. PS: I'm not saying this because I'm an Indian and Aamer is a Pakistani. I'm saying this from what I think is correct morally and with a view to lessen the risk in the future. If an Indian player was caught spot fixing, I'd say the same.
First time offenses are usually forgiven. Especially if the offender is under-age. I've done that quite often in real life as well. Similar to your example of the 'bartan maanjnewaali' There's a reason no Pakistani calls for Asif's return although he was easily the superior Test bowler of the two. Reason being he was involved in those acts once too often. Match-fixing is a far worse offense and much harder to forgive. Because it directly affects a teams performance.
Errr he didn't fix any match. He was sentenced for spot-fixing. There's a saying, "You reap what you sow". Aamer was involved in spot-fixing, got awarded a sentence. He is reaping the result of his actions. Now once the sentence ends, he, like every former wrong doer, has the fundamental right to live freely in the society and do as he pleases under rules and regulations of course. And that includes playing Cricket.
Dude with all the match-fixers out of the team look at how well your team is performing!!!! You guys had the potential all along but where languishing at the bottom. What exactly did you win when Amir was in the team? I am still surprised that some Pakistani fans show so much support for someone like amir who helped spread the cancer of fixing. and dont kid yourself that these guys didnt fix matches, they just didnt get caught. Amir is an amazing talent but for your team's own sake keep him out and make an example. The leniency shown and pardon of Akhtar caused Asif to go astray. The leniency shown to Asif caused Amir to go astray. Now you want leniency to be shown to Amir. Why? What will it achieve?
Dude with all the match-fixers out of the team look at how well your team is performing!!!! You guys had the potential all along but where languishing at the bottom. What exactly did you win when Amir was in the team? I am still surprised that some Pakistani fans show so much support for someone like amir who helped spread the cancer of fixing. and dont kid yourself that these guys didnt fix matches, they just didnt get caught. Amir is an amazing talent but for your team's own sake keep him out and make an example. The leniency shown and pardon of Akhtar caused Asif to go astray. The leniency shown to Asif caused Amir to go astray. Now you want leniency to be shown to Amir. Why? What will it achieve?
Aamer wasn't the reason we were losing. Infact he was one of the factors that made us competitive, to an extent that is. Infighting and ego problems amongst the seniors resulted in us 'languishing in the bottom", as you said. I'm fully against any reduction in his ban period. I said it before, this was his first ever offense and him being under-age only goes in his favour. The innocence and stupidity of youth. Surely one doesn't banish a boy for erring?
Spot on! If Pakis had been hard on Akhtar, Asif wouldn't have happened, or if they had been hard on Asif's offences (including drug abuses) Aamer wouldn't have happened. As I mentioned Pakis are ok with these sort of players in the team even though they keep on harping about "shame', "disgrace" and 'dishonur" time and again :haha: i mean what could be more shameful and dishonorable than drug cheats, drug smugglers and match/spot fixers representing your national team :dontknow: Find this contradiction hilarious :hysterical: By the way I would love to see Aamer and Asif back in the team as it would be fun to watch youngsters and innocent players sit on the sideline when the coach/captain announces that fixers are in the team and others would have to sit out :haha:

PCB chairman wants Amir return PCB chairman wants Amir return PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf has said that Mohammad Amir, the Pakistan fast bowler who was released from custody in the UK on Wednesday, will be welcomed back to the national team once he has served his ICC ban. Ashraf added that Amir would be given financial support while undergoing rehabilitation. The 19-year-old Amir was released from Portland Young Offenders Institution in Dorset after serving half of a six-month sentence for his part in a spot-fixing scam. He is currently in London where he will meet his lawyers to draw up an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) against the five-year ban imposed on him by the ICC for the same offence. "Once he serves the ban, then he could come into the team," Ashraf said. "He is a young Pakistani, he committed a mistake and it was a case of a huge talent lost. "We will have to see how his appeal goes in the CAS. After serving the ban he can come back in the team, but the final decision will be down to the selectors who will judge his fitness. "I want to see Amir back, but only after considering the legality of the case and only after he serves the ban. We can do the rehab programme while he is serving his ban. We can do the rehab programme and also use him in lectures to other players so that he can be financially helped." An ICC tribunal banned Amir for five years in February 2011. His team-mate Mohammad Asif was given a seven-year ban - with two years suspended - and the former Pakistan captain Salman Butt was banned for ten years, five suspended. Shortly after the decision Amir announced his intention to appeal the decision to the CAS, an arbitration body set up to settle legal disputes relating to sport. Amir and his two team-mates were give custodial sentences in November 2011 after being convicted at Southwark Crown Court of conspiracy to accept corrupt payments and conspiracy to cheat at gambling. A plot to bowl deliberate no-balls in a Test against England in 2010 was uncovered in a News of the World sting operation. Amir and Butt lost an appeal against the sentence in November in the Court of Appeal in London. The judge, Mr Justice Cooke, ruled at Southwark Crown Court that the affair was "so serious that only imprisonment will suffice". Butt was sentenced to two-and-a-half years, Asif was jailed for one year, and Amir for six months. Mazhar Majeed, the players' agent, received a sentence of two years eight months. Majeed had boasted to undercover reporters that he could arrange for Pakistan cricketers to rig elements of games for money and was surreptitiously filmed accepting Ž£150,000 in cash from a journalist. Ashraf blamed Majeed for the players' involvement in spot-fixing and reiterated that Pakistan cricket would not give up on Amir. "Definitely we will rehabilitate Amir through an education programme," he said. "Whatever has happened we are sad, not only me but also most of the Pakistani people are sad for this young boy who, with the other players, was trapped by Majeed." http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/552029.html