The Helicopter Shot.

Sid

This shot deserves a thread of its own,a shot perfected and mastered by one and only MSD :bow: Just look at the variation in execution: LqAXVZg93nU The ball taken from outside off stump and helicoptered into the crowd. CGFSvVU7QkU A fuller length ball helicoptered straight down the ground. 0nR57JtN_So Another fuller length delivery helicoptered over long on and the ball lands on the shamiyanas in the ground. ar2Ho1XaZD8 An incoming ball helicoptered through deep mid wicket region for a 4. LE1nP1TV-5s Just the perfect length which he gets under and helicopters it just over long on. z_wSJK7-3e4 This time again helicoptered down the ground for a 4,ball reaches the boundary before bowler completes his follow through. 7MTZVzkx2s4 Unbelieveable Shot :hatsoff:

His best shot came against RCB in '08 IPL where he got 60 odd in no time' date=' he smacked Steyn with an enormous power packed helicopter Zixxxar[/quote'] As far as I remember ,he didnt hit a helicopter shot in that match.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ipl/engine/match/335996.html?batsman=7593;innings=1;view=commentary There is no clear mention of the shot, but still descriptions of a couple of shots sound like he did hit 1-2 helicopter shots.
16.6 Kallis to Dhoni, SIX, take that! The ball it pitched up outside off and Dhoni scoops it through the line and the ball nearly lands on the second tier over long-off. 18.3 Steyn to Dhoni, SIX, the carnage gets worse for Steyn as he stays back to a pitched up delivery and slogs it across the line over deep midwicket, that was brute power. The one against Kallis was the one I am talking about, that was brutal :nice:

16.6 Kallis to Dhoni, SIX, take that! The ball it pitched up outside off and Dhoni scoops it through the line and the ball nearly lands on the second tier over long-off. 18.3 Steyn to Dhoni, SIX, the carnage gets worse for Steyn as he stays back to a pitched up delivery and slogs it across the line over deep midwicket, that was brute power. The one against Kallis was the one I am talking about, that was brutal :nice:
Here is the video ,watch at 7:57,its not a helicopter shot. 3dt4hZ6zM8I :--D

Thats not a half or full helicopter shot.But thats another one of his specials ,massive backlift,comes hard at the ball and then no follow through.
if u try to imagine the helicopter shot without the exaggerated follow through, it will look something like this. though this shot deserve its own name sadly dhoni doesnt play this shot more often.