Lets not get carried away

Okay, before you guys start the stoning let me issue the disclaimer that this is one of the greatest ever test wins for India and I feel woooohoooo!! But lets not think that this win has suddenly cured the problems the Indian team has and we have suddenly found a consistent winning combination. Sreesanth's out of the world spell ironed out the flaws but you are not going to bowl international teams out in 25 overs every test match. The batting still leaves much to be desired. The openers couldn't make much of an impression on a tough pitch though to be fair the Saffie openers fared worse. Tendulkar still got stuck at the crease. Dhoni appeared clueless. SA were one strike bowler short for much of the match with Steyn injured and their shot selection in the first innings smacked of arrogance. This is not to put a dampner on a superb show but to only show that there are still issues to be worked on by the team. Anyhow, the most crucial thing is that the intensity level of the test needs to be sustained throughout the series. With Munaf hopefully back for the next match our bowling attack will be stronger and it is a great opportunity for Arthur's words on "pace and bounce" to be made as infamous as Tony Greig's "grovel" comments 30 years back. Lets not let this opportunity go by.

Re: Lets not get carried away We have to keep up the intensity..SA are going to come back hard,, no doubt, but if you think the current morale and state of SA cricket in general with the controversies on quota, selections, out of form captain and other senior players, boje situation, coach under fire etc. they are going to be under LOT more pressure than us to deliver. IMO if we can weather the early storm, we can get in a position to put them under great pressure, a situation from which they are going to self destruct. I'm curious to see if someone from our camp (ideally Chappelle or Fraser) starts a calculated verbal campaign to needle them a bit. :assault:

Re: Lets not get carried away For me the second innings batting performance was disappointing. The pitch was begining to ease out and we had a huge first innings lead and should have really nailed the Saffies. I am always ambivalent about firing verbal salvos specially with our fragile team. Ideal scenario would be for India to wrap up the series in the next test and then lose the dead rubber to get all the Saffies back in form for the Pakistanis. :hic:

Re: Lets not get carried away

For me the second innings batting performance was disappointing. The pitch was begining to ease out and we had a huge first innings lead and should have really nailed the Saffies. I am always ambivalent about firing verbal salvos specially with our fragile team. Ideal scenario would be for India to wrap up the series in the next test and then lose the dead rubber to get all the Saffies back in form for the Pakistanis. :hic:
thus spake a true Indian :wtg: :wtg:

Re: Lets not get carried away Winning by 150 runs away from home. I am completely satisified with this performance. 3 out of 4 bowlers did very well. Sreesanth had a dream match, Kumble was his usual brilliant self and Zak was on target more often that not. SA missed Steyn and we missd Munaf. VRV was a non-factor, as good as the non bowling Steyn. Yes, I think we have found a pretty decent test combination. In fact we will do well if we don't fack around with this combination.

Re: Lets not get carried away The best part was SA com n players kept harping about how Indian batsman would struggle against pace and bounce. result 88 all out :lol::lol: :lmao: :lmao: Arre lets get carried away today we can talk sense from tom. After listen to all these SA com i am going to support Pak. With both druggies back i want to see SA Openers carry on with there avg of 5 (after we are done with him) n Barry talking how bad pak batsman are against pace and bounce to see moyo continue screwing nel n ntini.

Re: Lets not get carried away Chutiya Barry Richards beat up a completely shyte Aussie bowling attack at home in his only test series and continued to hammer county bowlers. I have no clue how some consider him as some Bradman who missed out on playing test cricket. His commentary is just despicable but ever since the '99 Calcutta test and Tendulkar's runout there it'll take something momentous for me to support Pakistan in a cricket match.

Re: Lets not get carried away Our first victory on SA soil in 14 years, coming on the back of the Saffie chairman of selectors predicting a 3-0 in favour of his team (don't blame him, so did I), and Barry Richards' constant sniping at anything Indian ("India are looking hesitant here. Do they really know how to win?"..."Wouldn't it be a huge blow for India if SA scraped this one?"..this with 192 runs still needed with Sa 6 wickets down), and you ask us to keep things in perspective? Nah! I'd rather be an one eyed supporter today.

Re: Lets not get carried away

i am gonna say, IT IS A FLAWLESS VICTORY.... we facking beat the minnows at their own game.... aggression, pace, bounce et al..... we gonna retire Smith and Gibbs before we leave...
:lmao: :lmao: can also add Dabar Amla, Micky Mouse and Kallis.co.za, in the retirement list. :lmao:

Re: Lets not get carried away Gibbs got a pair, Smith and beehive hakim looked totally lost - they will be under serious pressure in the second test. Kallis will come good shortly - no doubts about that. Someone please target Polly and hit him out of attack. He is a mediocre bowler and needs to be shown his place. Motu is capable of doing it once he finds his bearings.