Rajkot woman stages semi-nude protest against dowry demand

Gambit

As long as girls/parents are willing to give dowry there will always be guys/parents willing to accept it. I knew a lot of ppl from andhra when i was doing my masters and this subject comes up a lot. Infact one guy was upset that he would get only 50 lakhs cos hes not from a certain caste. And a andhra girl ... her parents got dowry money from her brothers marriage and saved it up for her wedding. As far as i know, it still prevalent among all the communities and religions, whether in the form of cash,land or gifts. Our govt always tends to blame the effect rather than the cause. As i said before,As long as girls/parents are willing to give dowry there will always be guys/parents willing to accept it, just like as long as we are ready to bribe the system, govt officials will demand bribes. The change has to come from us first. If a guy demands dowry,then dont marry him.As simple as that.

Guest dada_rocks
Sad to say but in India women themselves are enemy of their ilk....whether its dowry or the boy-girl crap..its the elderly women who wield the stick.....only solution is more women choosing a career for themselves which will hopefully give them the power to be independent. Btw...this picture looks every bit insane.....
Soooooooooooo on the money..

Guest dada_rocks
As long as girls/parents are willing to give dowry there will always be guys/parents willing to accept it. I knew a lot of ppl from andhra when i was doing my masters and this subject comes up a lot. Infact one guy was upset that he would get only 50 lakhs cos hes not from a certain caste. And a andhra girl ... her parents got dowry money from her brothers marriage and saved it up for her wedding. As far as i know, it still prevalent among all the communities and religions, whether in the form of cash,land or gifts. Our govt always tends to blame the effect rather than the cause. As i said before,As long as girls/parents are willing to give dowry there will always be guys/parents willing to accept it, just like as long as we are ready to bribe the system, govt officials will demand bribes. The change has to come from us first. If a guy demands dowry,then dont marry him.As simple as that.
Half of the dowry cases will disappear if girl's parents won't offer dowry. There are many $hitbags out there who think money can buy anything for their good for nothing daughters.

Another photo! She carrying a baseball bat? Traitor! What was wrong with a cricket bat? :haha: _42467836_dowry_body_ap.jpg
I know she has a point, and I'm glad she embarrassed her greedy hubby, but what on earth made her pick a white bra?? :haha:

I know she has a point' date=' and I'm glad she embarrassed her greedy hubby, but what on earth made her pick a [i']white bra?? :haha:
Maybe she was trying to say that her situation was black and white ie. she was 100% in the right and her husband 100% in the wrong :hysterical: