Rajkot woman stages semi-nude protest against dowry demand

Gambit

frankly speaking a sensible would not resort to such thing of walking on street like this
Not a question of sensibility- its a question of balls. Takes a lot of balls to make a statement like this. I hope she's the first of many women who take to the streets in protesting them being objectified as a commodity by this dowry nonsense.

Guest dada_rocks
DR reminds me of Manohar Joshi . Both PhD's and both Hindutva's:wink_smile:
U mean Murali Manohar Joshi...........I protest because he is very incompetent, what the fcuk was that policy of u have to channel money through govt organization.. due to his idiocy big time money couldn't come to iit chennai instead went to mit..

Not a question of sensibility- its a question of balls. Takes a lot of balls to make a statement like this. I hope she's the first of many women who take to the streets in protesting them being objectified as a commodity by this dowry nonsense.
There are either ways also to express your views. Semi-clad does not mean you have balls. Next time when you want to prove something are you willing to walk the street naked?

Guest dada_rocks
and what if the girl has a PhD and the guy has a masters..does she get the dowry? there are some tamil people where its the other way around..they guy gives dowry, takes the wifes last name and is expected to live with her parents. that is so cool :giggle:
I will bet girl won't marry a master's guy if she happens to have a phd.. Moreover I told u how in Bihar guys are giving dowry to gals...... It seems to be following supply/demand theory..

There are either ways also to express your views. Semi-clad does not mean you have balls. Next time when you want to prove something are you willing to walk the street naked?
If i have to, i will. Not only does it show balls in thumbing nose at social 'customs', it shows supreme confidence in your own body & looks to go naked. I guess you've never been to a nudie beach..try it sometime, its really not about what most people think.

Guest dada_rocks
whats the other thing in her hand? me thinks shes a little crazy if she is so brave, she cud have beat up her in laws instead :P
I say just go to any police station all his in-laws will be behidn bars within seconds.. this is the only case where police officers don't ask u for bribe before registering an fir because they know pretty soon their job will be in danger if they refuse.. trust me on this.. it's that easy..

If i have to' date=' i will. Not only does it show balls in thumbing nose at social 'customs', it shows supreme confidence in your own body & looks to go naked. I guess you've never been to a nudie beach..try it sometime, its really not about what most people think.[/quote'] lol what makes you think that. This thing is no where close to nude beach where you are not the only one. Try to come up with good analogy next time

lol what makes you think that. This thing is no where close to nude beach where you are not the only one. Try to come up with good analogy next time
The point about nude beach was to bolster the comment that there is nothing wrong in going nude to make a statement if you have the balls for it.

The point about nude beach was to bolster the comment that there is nothing wrong in going nude to make a statement if you have the balls for it.
abe accept for one time that you were wrong in that analogy atleast. You dont have balls to accept this and you will walk nude. :hysterical: forget it.

CC and analogy gone wrong now where have i heard that before:haha:
Bacchey- your grasp of English (or the lack of it) is the reason for you thinking my analogies are wrong- FYI, i had 96% in SAT analogies section.

Strange news :whatchutalkingabout Dowry??? The lad married her to get money out of her parents :thumbs_down: Too bad. I find GKD's comments a bit strange. If a women walks like that on our streets here people sure will look at her with surprise. Simply because people don't walk in bikini between traffic unless there is something wrong between the ears.

Sad to say but in India women themselves are enemy of their ilk....whether its dowry or the boy-girl crap..its the elderly women who wield the stick.....only solution is more women choosing a career for themselves which will hopefully give them the power to be independent. Btw...this picture looks every bit insane.....