VRV Singh

gullu

Re: VRV Singh He doesn't move the ball much and isn't very accurate. When we were desperate for the last wicket, this guy was bowling so many wide outside the offstump deliveries to Prince. But I am afraid he is better than Pathan on current form. He atleast bowls at decent pace and kept the pressure up during early part of both the innings to some extent.

Re: VRV Singh I posted this on another thread... Gator, you know that personally, I am a huge fan of yours, but you really should have listened when I said that VRV doesn't have what it takes to cut it at the highest level. He's a loser plain and simple. I told you that at some stage in the game, he would become unbowlable, because he would lose his poise and open the floodgates. That's exactly what happened when India desperately wanted him to keep it tight until the two main bowlers took over with the new ball. No ball after no ball, short pitched delicacies dished up, back to his blinking ways again... Dravid had to bring back the main bowlers, whom he desperately needed to rest to avoid injury, becaue this guy was just making up the numbers. One tailend wicket in slog mode to show for his efforts on a helpful track. Not once in the Test match did ths lumbering lump of humanity touch 140. Not once. So much for the hype. Christ!! He doesn't have to be a 140 kph man to get wickets, of course. But, with his straight up and down, mohalla type action, he is never going to get sufficient leverage on the ball to either seam or swing it. But above all, the boy lacks heart, temparament, guts...whatever you call it. He's just destined for mediocrity, poor soul. I can't believe India left out Pathan for this man. Durban has a very high humidity and the ball will swing like a banana. Munaf for VRV, if the former is fit, is a given.

Re: VRV Singh this guys selection in the team has left me petrified. his pace is just about average , he cant swing the ball , he isnt accurate ... and above everything else ... he just doesnt have the look of a fast bowler hopefully munaf will be fit for the boxing day test incase he isnt , i`d play the out-of-form irfan over VRV

Re: VRV Singh

bheem that is like saying that ashley giles should play instead of panesar I think vrv will improve though, but, in current form, munaf is better than him.
I don't think anyone on this board says play VRV ahead of Munaf. Question is, what do you do if Munaf is still not fit for test 2?