All hail Jumbo.

Lurker

Re: All hail Jumbo.

That's still 52 good wickets' date=' Yoda. How many does VRV have? What's his bowling average?[/quote'] Forget about VRV. Let's talk Pathan. Do you think he is a tremendous talent with a bowling average in the mid 40s against non-minnows? Or do you think he is a good enough cause of his batting + bits and pieces bowling?

Re: All hail Jumbo. This was a glaring example of statistics not really revealing everything. Although the scorecard reveals Kumble only chipped in with 5 wickets in this test match (that is 1/4th anyways) he did more than what the statistics suggest particularly on day 4.

Re: All hail Jumbo. The original write up Lurker is fantatic but just saw you wrote "Kumble went to work, like only he could. You could imagine him licking his fingers, throwing the ball up, start his run-up and land the ball on target. As Pollock tried to force his way out of the chakravyuh he tried one too many. He went for the sweep, found the ball too straight and was adjudged plumb lbw." Pollock was bowled and not LBW. I have corrected this in the article and have posted this on the main page. I think I will do the same with Shwetabh's one too. :wtg: