That's why we're a 'Bowling Powerhouse' Part-II

I honestly thought this was a ordinary test attack except Chuckmal but Gul stepped up today.Rehman is a steady bowler and Keema bowls phasstt for his age :winky:.Though I think a left armer instead of Keema will make this attack even better.
gul bowled crap. he was very lucky. cheema bowled well. change gul with junaid/wahab.
gul bowled crap. he was very lucky. cheema bowled well. change gul with junaid/wahab.
Eh? Did you even watch the match or are you going on stats? Both Gul and Cheema bowled excellently. True, none of his wickets were special but he kept an excellent line and length throughout and put the Poms under pressure.
Eh? Did you even watch the match or are you going on stats? Both Gul and Cheema bowled excellently. True, none of his wickets were special but he kept an excellent line and length throughout and put the Poms under pressure.
didn't watch the match. guessed by commentary. now finish the series next match guys. :dance:
^ Gul's wickets in the second innings were lucky breaks - two of the caught behinds were leg side deliveries. Cheema and Ajmal bowled brilliantly along with Rehman to a certain extent.
gul poor deliverys picked up wickets but he also bowled a lot of good deliverys which didn't take the edge

I think Pakistan is going in wrong direction. Earlier, before 2011 World Cup they were concentrating on building a fast bowling attack whereas in Subcontinent conditions, medium pacers and spinners rules. We saw that with the success of India and Sri-Lanka and also Shahid Afridi of Pakistan. Now, next World Cup is in Australia and New-Zealand where faster bowlers will be more handy than spinners. Whereas we are seeing exactly opposite with Pakistan, Pakistan's whole focus is on building a potent spin attack. Where all the countries are focusing on unleashing new fast bowlers

I think Pakistan is going in wrong direction. Earlier' date=' before 2011 World Cup they were concentrating on building a fast bowling attack whereas in Subcontinent conditions, medium pacers and spinners rules. We saw that with the success of India and Sri-Lanka and also Shahid Afridi of Pakistan. Now, next World Cup is in Australia and New-Zealand where faster bowlers will be more handy than spinners. Whereas we are seeing exactly opposite with Pakistan, Pakistan's whole focus is on building a potent spin attack. Where all the countries are focusing on unleashing new fast bowlers[/quote'] No we're not focusing on potent spin attack. The only main spinner is Ajmal that we have. Our fast bowlers are doing well considering we have Junaid and Wahab sitting on the bench!
gul poor deliverys picked up wickets but he also bowled a lot of good deliverys which didn't take the edge
Yup. People would look at his wickets and say he bowled ordinarily. But he was excellent throughout. Really stepped up when the occasion called for him.
Dont think so. He bowled better in the second innings than in the first but not worth the 4 wicket haul. I would say both Cheema and Ajmal comfortably outbowled him
@chainsmoker1985: I think itÃÔ unfair to conclude a direction for World cup out of Test team strategy & performance...
But since World Cup, Pakistan has played so many matches, but I have not seen enough of Junaid Khan or Wahab Riaz or Mohd Talah or Sohail Khan. All I have seen is the comeback of old trundler like Sohail Tanvir and to some extent Umar Gul. Aizaz Cheema IMO does not match the standards which we all know about Pakistan Fast Bowlers. And we always used 2 see Pakistan playing with atleast 3 pacers no matter what the wicket condition is. Usually there is 4rth seemer as well in Abdur Razzaq