Gautam Gambhir seems to be a shadow of his previous self..

@NFS's comment -

Gambhir is a fighter and the criticism that has come his way actually helped egg him on. I that the selectors have actually woken a sleeping tiger by dropping him and he immediately called me and asked me to start working with him at the nets. We start training from around 30 in the morning and train for hours every day. The training starts with him knocking the ball, before getting down to facing the machine. The emphasis is on working on the basics. When you non- stop in all three formats, sometimes you tend to get a little loose on your technique. We have started afresh and are trying to get back to the time when he would score runs at ease because of his solid technique,” he said. “ I just want to concentrate on training and then scoring big runs. I won’t give the critics another chance to talk about my batting,” Gambhir told Bhardwaj. “ Firstly, his bat is coming down from gully and should come down from slips. If the bat comes down from gully, there is a gap between the bat and the pad when you are meeting the ball and that increases the chances of getting bowled. “ Secondly, he has been playing the push to third- man a little too much. It is a high- risk shot for a run. I think he should concentrate on playing in the ‘ V’, at least early on in the innings. This is a shot he has adapted to counter the bowling in the shorter formats of the game and we are looking at eliminating it. “ Thirdly, another problem with him is that his head falls to the off- side when he is playing off his legs and that, at times, can lead to the face of the bat closing earlier and the ball taking the edge of the bat. So the head too needs to be still and towards the ball when the bat meets the ball,” he explained.
http://cricket.yahoo.com/news/gambhir-set-to-start-afresh-041706337.html :hatsoff: Gambo!

He had to go. He looked out of sorts for a while and seemed to lose the grit that typified his batting between 2008 and 2011. I still have a lot of respect for him as a player and lets not forget his golden run in 2008-2009 in Tests and his match-winning knocks in 2 world cup (t20 and ODI) finals. Hats off to the way he took the criticism. He's only 31 now. If he can work on his technical weaknesses and come back with a mountain of runs in Ranji Trophy and A-tours, I have no problem in him returning. He's a hard working player and some of our more talented batsmen (e.g. Rohit, Sehwag, Yuvraj) could do with Gambhir's work ethic.

No offence GG fans but Dhawan has officially RIPd Gambhirs India career. Dhoni stuck with GG on the basis that he wanted a left-right opening combo, well we now have a replacement so no more excuses, Also besides Dhawans present form at 27 he has plenty more years for India unlike Gambhir whos close to 32!! Wont miss watching Pokemon hanging his bat in the air anymore.

No offence GG fans but Dhawan has officially RIPd Gambhirs India career. Dhoni stuck with GG on the basis that he wanted a left-right opening combo, well we now have a replacement so no more excuses, Also besides Dhawans present form at 27 he has plenty more years for India unlike Gambhir whos close to 32!! Wont miss watching Pokemon hanging his bat in the air anymore.
Okay. Now go back and spread some butter on your head.
lol Dhawan has played a grand total of 3 innings since his comeback. Too early to start writing obituaries for his replacements.

Have I Made It Laaarge!! This gambhir hiring a coach news is getting too long in the tooth now!!!! One thing gambhir knows and does best is to get the PR machinery working for him. First it started with Knightriders IPL win and World cup beating celebrations, then all the bravado about gambir's captaincy, then how he's the next India captain, next was how he'll take revenge against England when they visit India, once his form dripped there was regular news about his grit and determination, following this was his average 50+ partnership with Sehwag press conference, then we finally get rid of him theres regular news of how he'll make a comeback, when he 'supposedly' gets a call he is down with tuberculosis, leprosy or something like that!!! Finally the fact hits him that he's not invincible but really struggling as a batsman, we get the news at the start of 2013 that his childhood coach will be sorting him and he'll be back soon. Then the childhood coach sings praises for his dedication and what not. Is that the end of it, NOPE, half way into the year its another coach now and its World news. One thing you have to give GG and his PR team, one bunch of thick skinned characters these guys are!!!