'Where are the good left-arm spinners?'

King

Where are the left arm spinners? There are plenty. Iqbal Abdullah: Bombay Appanna: Karnataka Shahabaz Nadeem: Bihar Pragyan Ojha: Hyderabad Rajesh Pawar: Vadodara
long back i recorded this rajasathan vs hyderabad game, i have few clips of pragyan ojha bowling to rajasthani batsmans..
Ravi Chaturvedi used to be a good Hindi commentator . I forgot one more dudes name.That's about it.
"aur yeh chhakka!!! krishnaa sreekaanth (ravi was horrible with southie names) ke chhakkon ne maaano sabarmati nadi mein aag laga dee hai!!" ravi was funny.
"aur yeh chhakka!!! krishnaa sreekaanth (ravi was horrible with southie names) ke chhakkon ne maaano sabarmati nadi mein aag laga dee hai!!" ravi was funny.
Yeah remember that. Do you remember the dude's name in Hindi commentary who used to keep saying "Marshall Malcolm" instead of "Malcolm Marshall".

^^ u r welcome. yr post got me walking down memory lane when one chappie in the local train would have the transistor radio and evrybody would be asking him--"score kya hua" and he would turn it up so we could hear "ferozshah kotla se bhojan ke prashchaant aankhon dekha haal" and everyone would graon--"yaar, englis mein commentary kyon nahin karte yeh log??" my worst was when i would ask score kya hua and the cocky b@stard would say, "all out for no loss, ab chalte ban shaane."

Dang, this board brings back childhood memories

^^ susheel Doshi.
Was it him or Ravi Chaturvedi who seemed to take pride in citing a player's full name? Kiran Shankar More vikton ke peeche. Ravishankar Jayadrith Shastri baayahaath ke spin bowler umpire aur vikton ke beech se .... (To keep up board etiquette: Kiran Shankar More behind the stumps .... RJS, the left-arm spin bowler, (stepping) between the umpire and the stumps ... Whatever little Hindi I knew then, I learned via cricket commentary; the numbers were memorized first, the rest followed.

Ravi Chaturvedi was a complete nutcase. I remember once he went like "Aur ballebaaj ne mid off dishaa mein yeh umda shot lagaya hai..gend boundary line ki taraf jaati huyi..chaar run nischit lagte huye...lagta nahin ke fielder rok paayenge..dhut tere ki yeh to chakka ho gaya!". :hysterical:

Ravi Chaturvedi was a complete nutcase. I remember once he went like "Aur ballebaaj ne mid off dishaa mein yeh umda shot lagaya hai..gend boundary line ki taraf jaati huyi..chaar run nischit lagte huye...lagta nahin ke fielder rok paayenge..dhut tere ki yeh to chakka ho gaya!".
ahahahaha :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
nice list there, Chandan..... isnt ravi jadeja also a promising left-armer who can also wield the willow.... Ex-selector Raju has a high regard for Ojha... either because they ply the same trade or both are from the same zone.... Abdullah seems to be the real deal among the local cricket followers there, i hear...
Bump... Here is Ravindra Jadeja's figures in the U19 match against SL.... RA Jadeja 17.2 4 28 5 1.61 RA Jadeja 13spacer.gif 11 5 4 0.38 terrific performance by the youngster.... especially impressive is conceding just 5 runs in his 13 overs to pick up 4 wickets....
Bump... Here is Ravindra Jadeja's figures in the U19 match against SL.... RA Jadeja 17.2 4 28 5 1.61 RA Jadeja 13spacer.gif 11 5 4 0.38 terrific performance by the youngster.... especially impressive is conceding just 5 runs in his 13 overs to pick up 4 wickets....
Yes. Saw that on cricinfo. But the fact that he was not chosen for India A is a proof that he is not very highly rated. I hope he proves me and other doubters wrong, this season!!!

i will always, and always say that Murali Karthik is a very good spinner and the one who thinks and knows what he is bowling. he's a smart bowler and a clever one. it sucks that in front of kumble and bajji, he didn't get to play enough games for India just like how Mcgill didn't get to play for Aus when he was at his best because of warney being in the side.