Who you see at #3 batsmen in world test 11?

koksmayu

In that Aus series he faced likes of Bracken and Bichel. Warn and McGrath were not there.
gillespie was there. and like someone said series results do matter for better or worse. we dominated in a 1-1 series. u guys lost 3-0. shakib al hasan has good avgs. he's not considered a great. at the end of the day cricket is a team game and it's not about being the best cog, but how well you fit into the great machine called the team.

I have never said he is a world great. Discussion is about best #3s and he is up there in recent times. People are mentioning Jonathan Trot and there is no out cry. As a batsman I would take VVS over most of recent great because you know when chips are down he will come up with his best. Forget Calcutta 01 I can remember at least 3/4 games in last couple of years when he saved Ind from brink of a defeat.

I have never said he is a world great. Discussion is about best #3s and he is up there in recent times. People are mentioning Jonathan Trot and there is no out cry. As a batsman I would take VVS over most of recent great because you know when chips are down he will come up with his best. Forget Calcutta 01 I can remember at least 3/4 games in last couple of years when he saved Ind from brink of a defeat.
yeah, he's a good 3. didn't deny it. but his lack of innings against the best teams (didn't also play eng in 2010) will go against him for better or worse. but he's more vital to your team than dravid is to ours. none of your young guys except azhar are really stepping up. you'll have some trouble after misbah and younis leave.

Why are we even comparing Younis to Dravid and Ponting... He needs to do a lot more to get that kind of credits as are been dished out here... even sanga is better than him... i accept that Younis has been good for pak but i really think even sangakkara is better than him plus both Dravid and Ponting had been great as no.3 in ODIs too but YK is not a great ODI player by any means...

for me younis is very good player but he is not as gr8 as ponting or dravid but to me best of amla proven in all conditions and extremely calm w/o technical faults and can even score quickly (no 1 in odi rankings!) sanga too is not behind if he does well in south africa this time around he would be no 1

gillespie was there. and like someone said series results do matter for better or worse. we dominated in a 1-1 series. u guys lost 3-0. shakib al hasan has good avgs. he's not considered a great. at the end of the day cricket is a team game and it's not about being the best cog, but how well you fit into the great machine called the team.
Coming from Bangladesh, Shakib is simply awesome. A lone ranger. Tries his best all the time. Just needs to cut down on his arrogance.
Trott isnt even close to being the that league. He has been in that Hussey-esque mode. will go down soon. would rate YK higher than him.
Younis khan is up there. Averages 60+ in last 7 years scoring 12 hundred. With pathetic openers ahead of him he was coming in at 10/1 most of times. Fantastic record in Eng and decent in Aus too.
While Younis is definitely a "decade great" he ain't an ATG like Pawning and Rahul. He is not in the same ball park...but he has about a third of a career left to get there...who knows he may get there
yeah' date=' he's a good 3. didn't deny it. [b']but his lack of innings against the best teams (didn't also play eng in 2010) will go against him for better or worse. but he's more vital to your team than dravid is to ours. none of your young guys except azhar are really stepping up. you'll have some trouble after misbah and younis leave.
I think he has done pretty well...at #3 since 01 jan 2005 (the time Utalk is referring to) YK average against the best 3 teams - Aus - 45 Ind - 81 SA - 62 and if you remove the position # 3 criterion then his performance is Aus - 45 Ind - 88 SA - 56 I agree YK ain't in the league of Pawning or Rahul yet but he can get there if he maintains his current performance level. Thing is the last decade has seen some of the finest number 3's the game has ever thrown up - Pawning, Lara, Rahul, Kallis, Sanga - that YK looks smaller in stature. Also YK has only played some 70 odd Tests so far...when he has got to 125 Tests and if he maintains the same consistency then I'd have him ahead of Rahul and Kallis
I think he has done pretty well...at #3 since 01 jan 2005 (the time Utalk is referring to) YK average against the best 3 teams - Aus - 45 Ind - 81 SA - 62 and if you remove the position # 3 criterion then his performance is Aus - 45 Ind - 88 SA - 56 I agree YK ain't in the league of Pawning or Rahul yet but he can get there if he maintains his current performance level. Thing is the last decade has seen some of the finest number 3's the game has ever thrown up - Pawning, Lara, Rahul, Kallis, Sanga - that YK looks smaller in stature. Also YK has only played some 70 odd Tests so far...when he has got to 125 Tests and if he maintains the same consistency then I'd have him ahead of Rahul and Kallis
but he'll never play any more major tours in his career. due to the unofficial two tier system in place pakis gonna next tour oz in 2016-17, sa in 2013 then next 2019 while next england tour 2016. so he gets one sa tour. meanwhile they'll have three zimbabwe tours till 2015 and two bangladesh tours.
but he'll never play any more major tours in his career. due to the unofficial two tier system in place pakis gonna next tour oz in 2016-17' date=' sa in 2013 then next 2019 while next england tour 2016. so he gets one sa tour. meanwhile they'll have three zimbabwe tours till 2015 and two bangladesh tours.[/quote']He might not play any other major tours but your point that he hasn't performed against the top teams has been well and truly refuted with evidence that suggests he has in fact played very well against them and definitely can hold his head high when compared to Pawning, Lara, Rahul, Kallis, and Sanga in whatever opportunities he has had. Your point was that he has not performed well against top teams which is factually incorrect He has performed very well.
He might not play any other major tours but your point that he hasn't performed against the top teams has been well and truly refuted with evidence that suggests he has in fact played very well against them and definitely can hold his head high when compared to Pawning, Lara, Rahul, Kallis, and Sanga in whatever opportunities he has had. Your point was that he has not performed well against top teams which is factually incorrect He has performed very well.
we also look at where he has performed.
we also look at where he has performed.
Dude, I thought you'd have checked out cricinfo by now before making these arguments. Anyway here it is - in Aus - 45 in Ind - 77 in SA - 45 in Eng - 66 The only place where he has failed in in SL - 27 Still wanna hold on to that myth that YK hasn't performed against the top teams in their own backyard? Just to give you a perspective. Rahul in Aus - 49 in Ind - 51 in SA - 30 in Eng - 69 in SL - 33
Dude, I thought you'd have checked out cricinfo by now before making these arguments. Anyway here it is - in Aus - 45 in Ind - 77 in SA - 45 in Eng - 66 The only place where he has failed in in SL - 27 Still wanna hold on to that myth that YK hasn't performed against the top teams in their own backyard? Just to give you a perspective. Rahul in Aus - 49 in Ind - 51 in SA - 30 in Eng - 69 in SL - 33
Can we get the no. of games for both of them please... sorry for bother... too lazy to go check it up