Tendulkar 200* Vs Sehwag 219

1983-2011

Tendulkar 200* Vs Sehwag 219  

1. 1.

Rett ... I don't think you have ever played cricket with a red ball. That's why you say that Sachin was not going all out. What do you mean by Sachin not going all out? You think every Steyn/Parnell deliveries are there to be hit for a six? Then why did Dhoni fail to hit almost anything till the 48th over? Sachin started cramping a bit only near the end of the 48th over, and after that he had played only one ball in which he scored a single. You do not understand that no decent batsman on earth goes for a ball which is not in the zone for him unless he is that desperate. Dhoni was playing a swing and a miss game and was hardly connecting till the 48th over. In fact, he scored only 2 of 4 balls in the 48th over, and over all gave 6 dot balls in the last 3 overs. If Dhoni would have rotated the strike better and not taken singles pointlessly on the last ball of every over, India and Sachin would have scored a lot more runs. Why didn't Dhoni go for his six and fours on the last ball of the last 5-6 overs? And in no situation did Sachin refuse to run for a second. Your not playing cricket gives you a false perspective of the game, where you misunderstand the basic physical aspects of the game.
Seems like you have great basic knowledge of the game but have poor memory or you are a deluded Sach fanboy becuase the bolded part is hystericall at best. Especially the hardly connecting till 48th over part,is quite hillarious.I suggest go and watch the highlight of that match again.
Why didn't Dhoni go for his six and fours on the last ball of the last 5-6 overs?
You do not understand that no decent batsman on earth goes for a ball which is not in the zone for him unless he is that desperate
Does the above rule of your great knowledge of the game applies only to Sach but not to Dhoni? He was taking singles of the last ball of the over because ball wasnt in his range,simple.
From 168 to 201, Sehwag scored 33 of 20 balls . From 168 to 200, Sachin scored 32 of 19 balls. Almost identical stats, but we still prefer to see it a little differently.
How dare you???? selfless team player and the selfish choking midget. Even if the stats show that we know Tendulkar plays for himself and therefore his runs shouldn't count. Sehwag is the only player who should have a double next to his name as he didn't play for it

What? Dhoni is being blamed? The guy absolutely smoked it scoring 60 odd in 30 odd deliveries. It was the fact that Dhoni scored so quickly that allowed Tendulkar to play a relatively risk free game to get to his 200 without sacrificing the team score. Here are the highlights of Tendulkar's final 12 runs or so - there is not a single risky shot he plays that one would normally associate with the slog overs of an ODI : QDM3MkPhMxY He was taking calm singles and turning the strike over to Dhoni who was doing most of the hitting. Obviously Tendulkar was tired by that point and if Dhoni was not scoring so quickly, he would have had to take more risks and might have got out. Blaming Dhoni is just crazy - it was Dhoni's batting which allowed Tendulkar to get to the 200 without taking needless risks.

What? Dhoni is being blamed? The guy absolutely smoked it scoring 60 odd in 30 odd deliveries. It was the fact that Dhoni scored so quickly that allowed Tendulkar to play a relatively risk free game to get to his 200 without sacrificing the team score. Here are the highlights of Tendulkar's final 12 runs or so - there is not a single risky shot he plays that one would normally associate with the slog overs of an ODI : QDM3MkPhMxY He was taking calm singles and turning the strike over to Dhoni who was doing most of the hitting. Obviously Tendulkar was tired by that point and if Dhoni was not scoring so quickly, he would have had to take more risks and might have got out. Blaming Dhoni is just crazy - it was Dhoni's batting which allowed Tendulkar to get to the 200 without taking needless risks.
Precisely but fanboys can go to any extent as you very well know.
Seems like you have great basic knowledge of the game but have poor memory or you are a deluded Sach fanboy becuase the bolded part is hystericall at best. Especially the hardly connecting till 48th over part,is quite hillarious.I suggest go and watch the highlight of that match again. Does the above rule of your great knowledge of the game applies only to Sach but not to Dhoni? He was taking singles of the last ball of the over because ball wasnt in his range,simple.
See, when you enter an argument from the middle of it, you miss crucial points that has been stated before. The point of 'why didn't dhoni smoke the last ball' is a rhetorical question meaning those balls weren't in dhoni's zone. It's not a criticism but an explanation of what both the players were doing. Had I been a Sachin fan-boy, I would have put up a pic of him on my profile, the way you have done it being a Dhoni fanboy. And Dhoni was indeed playing a swing and a miss game, which is proved by the six dot balls in the last 3 overs. I don't understand why would you want to debate that.
but cant he make more than 9 runs out of that 9 balls... also Why Dhoni played most balls..he knows pretty well when Sachin will Slowdown when going towards a milestone so he just wanted as much as run possible.. i value Dhoni's opinion more than you :winky:
You mean your opinion of what Dhoni was POSSIBLY thinking
Have you read the entire argument? It has been quite clearly stated that Sachin was playing a risk-free game since Dhoni was smoking it and that helped the partnership hold on without wickets being pointlessly wasted.
And Dhoni was indeed playing a swing and a miss game, which is proved by the six dot balls in the last 3 overs. I don't understand why would you want to debate that.
Yeah chewtiya Dhoni should have been playing percentage cricket in the last 3 overs of an ODI when the team has scored 350+ runs and less than half the side has been dismissed. :facepalm:
Yeah chewtiya Dhoni should have been playing percentage cricket in the last 3 overs of an ODI when the team has scored 350+ runs and less than half the side has been dismissed. :facepalm:
Again. Jumping from the middle. Read everything that has been stated before if you want a mature argument. If you wanna play a different game, it's a different thing then.
See, when you enter an argument from the middle of it, you miss crucial points that has been stated before. The point of 'why didn't dhoni smoke the last ball' is a rhetorical question meaning those balls weren't in dhoni's zone. It's not a criticism but an explanation of what both the players were doing. Had I been a Sachin fan-boy, I would have put up a pic of him on my profile, the way you have done it being a Dhoni fanboy.
Nice having the pic of a cricketer as your avatar means youre a fanboy,thnks for that insight. But can you enlighten us about that "hardly connecting before 48th over" part.I m curious to know,because it wasnt the case when I saw that innings.
Have you read the entire argument? It has been quite clearly stated that Sachin was playing a risk-free game since Dhoni was smoking it and that helped the partnership hold on without wickets being pointlessly wasted.
Yeah, I've read the arguments you and others have made saying that Tendulkar did not score boundaries because he did not get enough strike. With the team in the kind of position India was, you don't need continuous strike to attempt boundaries under normal circumstances. Watch the highlights above and let me know of a single shot where Tendulkar even attempts to score a boundary? Nothing wrong with it since the first ODI 200 is a huge thing and Dhoni's scoring rate made sure the team did not get impacted, but at least don't make up things.
Just because Dhoni took singles and Hog strike doesnt means Sachin shouldnt have taken some risks :winky: i guess lot of common sense required for knowing this.. you people yourself impleing Sachin plays for records :banghead: .. who is bashing Sachin...people just debating... this is one of the biggest problem with Fanatics...they just assume things themselves...cant tolerate even minor criticism or sarcastic posts :banghead:
:two_thumbs_up: I love this delusional among you guys. You throw up nonsense all day long. Your idea of backing up statements with evidence is to attack anyone who doesn't agree with it. Reminds me of a certain group of fundamentalists who enjoy blowing themselves up P.S. Refer to a string of posts by rett for examples of this
Yeah, I've read the arguments you and others have made saying that Tendulkar did not score boundaries because he did not get enough strike. With the team in the kind of position India was, you don't need continuous strike to attempt boundaries under normal circumstances. Watch the highlights above and let me know of a single shot where Tendulkar even attempts to score a boundary? Nothing wrong with it since the first ODI 200 is a huge thing and Dhoni's scoring rate made sure the team did not get impacted, but at least don't make up things.
Saying those last few deliveries were not in Sachin's zone equals making up things? I don't see this brouhaha being caused when other cricketers reach their centuries by scoring singles. And what is wrong in saying that Dhoni played a swing-and-a-miss game. He does it quite often, at times it works and at times it doesn't (when it doesn't the detractors bay for his blood as usual). And what is made up about the point that Sachin was only getting one-off balls in those last few overs.