Android vs IOS

EnterTheVoid

this guy even accepts fragmentation just read the last para before reading everything else if you do not want to waste time all i said was even with its share of problems developers will develop and so called gap in actual apps for end user is already gone...in 2 year's time no one will tlak about app gap thats what i said..people will develop even if they have little difficulty in same way people will learn new language for apple and adapt ... when 80 percent of users are on platform its no longer choice specially if money part is shrinking ...2 years ago there wasn o comparison between app store and android market but now play store and app store feel almost equal and there is good reason ..fragmentation will always exist in open platform but despite it it will dominate infact it dominates because of it ...you cannot expect both to have every kind of device for every kind of person and have simplicity of one device but they will have to deal with it

Pocket Casts on Android was easier to develop than the iOS counterpart, though the testing and support costs are higher. It’s no small project either, taking 6 months to complete the version 4 update.
this is exactly what you are saying but you are making it sound like it is impossible

you can do anything other than calling me names and i gave you link of pocketcast...is he not any developer ? andi never said smack ? please show me where i did you are reading things you want and posting baseless stuff all i said is in 2 years gap will be far less and application gap is almsot non existent now even with so called developer problems . i actually said in 2 year's time i will get iphone but ofcourse i am fandroid and you did not read that
Android developers are getting just 7% of the revenue that Apple iOS developers are getting, according to a recent article that quoted research by Piper Jaffray. The article’s premise was that developers will obviously go where the money is, so Android will continue to struggle when it comes to drawing in more developers. This got me really thinking … could this be right? If it is, who are all the developers on my company’s ad network?
^^ this was in the beginning of 2012.. in 2013 the ratio was 7.45% .. 10 billions vs 800 million http://fortune.com/2011/11/21/piper-jaffray-android-app-revenue-is-7-of-iphones/

this is exactly what you are saying but you are making it sound like it is impossible
dude .. forget abt one blog .. where ever you google , thats the first link which we get in favor of it .. i am doing android apps for my work and i do try rnd with iOS.. 90% of the people who do both will prefer iOS

^^ this was in the beginning of 2012.. in 2013 the ratio was 7.45% .. 10 billions vs 800 million http://fortune.com/2011/11/21/piper-jaffray-android-app-revenue-is-7-of-iphones/
again give it time android was nothing like it is today and i said close the gap in 2 years not smash...you are the one making stuff about what i think and calling me fandroid based on that

dude .. forget abt one blog .. where ever you google , thats the first link which we get in favor of it .. i am doing android apps for my work and i do try rnd with iOS.. 90% of the people who do both will prefer iOS
90 percent of people ? how do you know ? how come there are not 90 percent of apps just for ios and 10 percent for anroid ? why is real world not showing it ?

lol .. you never developed an app .. ask anyone about reworking or poring the apps :giggle: if porting is easy , samsung might have released kit kat for S3 ( internal upgrade is ditto same as porting all the apps and framewrk )

90 percent of people ? how do you know ? how come there are not 90 percent of apps just for ios and 10 percent for anroid ? why is real world not showing it ?
i meant 90% of the people prefer iOS .. it doesnt mean android has just 10% of the iOS apps

also i did not searched this link i had no idea that it even shows up in search... what i do not get it if 90 percent of people prefer ios development how come apps situation is not as bad ? you are the one not getting the point even if people prefer simplicity of developing for just one phone in long run they have to forget it and develop for platform which is growing quickly and dominating actual market and in near future revenues will be similar too even as developer if you want to just develop for apple model of limited devices you know in long run that would not option you wont be able to ignore android even with its share of difficulties ..you just dont get this part... no one is disputing you jsut have to make app for limited devices on apple and be done with it but you jsut cannot hide behind htis argument and not develop for android or ignore it...thats what i am saying

again give it time android was nothing like it is today and i said close the gap in 2 years not smash...you are the one making stuff about what i think and calling me fandroid based on that
bookmark this post .. even in 2018 , google payment wont cross the payment of iOS .. :two_thumbs_up: i am ready to bet my life on it :weights:

lol .. you never developed an app .. ask anyone about reworking or poring the apps :giggle: if porting is easy , samsung might have released kit kat for S3 ( internal upgrade is ditto same as porting all the apps and framewrk )
yeah samsung cannot release kitkat for s3 but individual small developers ported it within week on s3 samsung said officially that it is releasing just for 2 gb version as bloat they added to kitkat is not going to fit in 1 gb verson of s3 thats why usa version or european version will get update :winky:

bookmark this post .. even in 2018 , google payment wont cross the payment of iOS .. :two_thumbs_up: i am ready to bet my life on it :weights:
again i did not say crossed i said close down the gap...if you are trolling just stop because i do not want to ignore you./ i like talking with you on this topic but u clearly only want to discuss in way it irks me even in this post you quoted i never said it will cross it

also i did not searched this link i had no idea that it even shows up in search... what i do not get it if 90 percent of people prefer ios development how come apps situation is not as bad ? you are the one not getting the point even if people prefer simplicity of developing for just one phone in long run they have to forget it and develop for platform which is growing quickly and dominating actual market and in near future revenues will be similar too even as developer if you want to just develop for apple model of limited devices you know in long run that would not option you wont be able to ignore android even with its share of difficulties ..you just dont get this part... no one is disputing you jsut have to make app for limited devices on apple and be done with it but you jsut cannot hide behind htis argument and not develop for android or ignore it...thats what i am saying
for a developer apple gives many framework which aides easy development , maintenance and portability.. i agree that eclipse environemnt is good , but its no where as good as iOS dev environment.. this again , i am telling this from developer perspective.. also all the apps will get eventually ported to other platforms .. even if you take all top games, first will get released for iOS and then they will port it for android.. preferring iOS doesnt mean that they will ignore android

again i did not say crossed i said close down the gap...if you are trolling just stop because i do not want to ignore you./ i like talking with you on this topic but u clearly only want to discuss in way it irks me even in this post you quoted i never said it will cross it
ok .. we ll summarize it :nervous: you said android will narrow the gap with iOS .. i say android cant gain much and wont narrow the gap.. we both here agree that android will gain , but differ by what %.. now we have to put a figure for 2016 or 2018 and bokmark it :icflove:

for a developer apple gives many framework which aides easy development , maintenance and portability.. i agree that eclipse environemnt is good , but its no where as good as iOS dev environment.. this again , i am telling this from developer perspective.. also all the apps will get eventually ported to other platforms .. even if you take all top games, first will get released for iOS and then they will port it for android.. preferring iOS doesnt mean that they will ignore android
thats exactly what i am saying no ? heck i was only one posting about what apple did with gaming...was i not impressed by it and said this is big ? also this gap will close already we are seeing apps coming at almsot same time it is all about demand and supply in india since majority uses android most apps for indian services even lets say your dth operator comes first on android and then on ios same with apps of my cell phone service provider (airtel ) ..even if its easier on ios (which as you admit few parts are and few are not ) they will change attitude now there will always be developers which nly develop for ios like developer of fantastical etc but we are already seeing some apps which are only on android..

ok .. we ll summarize it :nervous: you said android will narrow the gap with iOS .. i say android cant gain much and wont narrow the gap.. we both here agree that android will gain , but differ by what %.. now we have to put a figure for 2016 or 2018 and bokmark it :icflove:
ok but i am sure you will probably be banned till then :giggle:

lets see .. :finger: wsamsung already started screweing android from behind :P
samsung has no real fan following or loyalty from fans HTC after sense 6 update won me over and i do not think i will ever be able to use another phone but i never had same feeling with samsung so if they feck up people will leave them:--D