Aaron out of Aus tests. Weenie Koomar to replace!

hatja_tau

do u really think Ishanth is a Big success.. Even ZAK is good in last 3/4 years mainly after having a stint with County cricket.. just throwing examples wont make Nechim great candidate :winky:
Why not? He has 130 odd wickets in tests, is as better at this stage as was Srinath and Zak, just a little behind Kapil. How many Indian fast bowlers have 2 MOS? If you compare him Marshal, Mcgrath, Ambrose then yes he is not a huge success but for our standards he is a success and is certainly going to get 400 test wickets as well, only 23 right now, has 10 years and will only get better I suppose. After seeing the likes of Nehra, Agarkar, Sreeshanth, Dodda, Johnson, Yohanan, Balaji, etc., we should be thankful that we at least got Ishant. Every one will have bad time in his career, but they way he came back and his never say die attitude is what differentiates him from others.
Why not? He has 130 odd wickets in tests, is as better at this stage as was Srinath and Zak, just a little behind Kapil. How many Indian fast bowlers have 2 MOS? If you compare him Marshal, Mcgrath, Ambrose then yes he is not a huge success but for our standards he is a success and is certainly going to get 400 test wickets as well, only 23 right now, has 10 years and will only get better I suppose. After seeing the likes of Nehra, Agarkar, Sreeshanth, Dodda, Johnson, Yohanan, Balaji, etc., we should be thankful that we at least got Ishant. Every one will have bad time in his career, but they way he came back and his never say die attitude is what differentiates him from others.
thats wht i like abt this guy he lost pace,performance but now some how is getting back his form with hardwork he will perform and india might win australia is no england

plus why do people hate vinay so much? yes he isnt 140 bowler but right now we dont need 140 bowler already got 2 just look at what new zealand did today to australia they can play pace they struggle against swing he will do just fine only bad selection is mithun.. just look at all wickets he is taking in these 2 series.. most of them are of good balls goodd out swingers or inswingers so no probb with vinay think of him as replacement of pk (i said this many times)

i am not talking about he is Bad...but he is not a big success...he have an avg of 35+ and given lot of opportunities .. even Shree shanth is having 87 wkts at 38 avg (he played 15 test less test)..i think he also a better bowler if we apply u r logic ...but you laugh at him at every thread :giggle:
i am not talking about he is Bad...but he is not a big success...he have an avg of 35+ and given lot of opportunities .. even Shree shanth is having 87 wkts at 38 avg (he played 15 test less test)..i think he also a better bowler if we apply u r logic ...but you laugh at him at every thread :giggle:
ishant is improving...this might be his series and dont go by avg much he is only 23 can improve and win us many matches and tbh he is improving he looks like a better bowler now then he looked 6 months ago sreesanth has all the talent u need to succeed action is correct,wrist position beautiful he just does not has the temperament of test bowler to be consistent and pitch it up keep things simple.. thats hwy he gets wickets when he is consistent and is rubbish other times when his brain gives up
Sreesanth is talented and has lost of abilities, but he is already 29 and has wasted 6 precious years of his cricketing life and if at 29 he is worse than Ishant when he will make use of that talent. I laugh him just because of that. These guys likes of Sreesanth and Munaf do not understand what precious talent they are gifted by the Creator. They both are certainly deserves all the laugh at them. Ishant is only 23. He lost his pace and form, but came back with a bang in WI with an MOS performance. The best thing about Ishant is his dedication towards his bowling and fitness. I am not sure if Sreesanth can even play 3 consecutive tests in a series without getting injured. Ishant played 7 consecutive tests within 2 months without break. This shows how much he works on his fitness. Sreesanth is multi-tasker, wants to be jack of all trade and that is not possible if he is a fast bowler and wants to lead the attack of the country. Regarding Ishant's average being 35. Tell how many Indian bowlers had that many wickets at 23 years of age, only Kapil and Bhajji and both have 400 wickets to their name and still both averages in around 30 or so and remember, now we have more batting days, more flatter tracks, high batting averages.
Sreesanth is talented and has lost of abilities, but he is already 29 and has wasted 6 precious years of his cricketing life and if at 29 he is worse than Ishant when he will make use of that talent. I laugh him just because of that. These guys likes of Sreesanth and Munaf do not understand what precious talent they are gifted by the Creator. They both are certainly deserves all the laugh at them. Ishant is only 23. He lost his pace and form, but came back with a bang in WI with an MOS performance. The best thing about Ishant is his dedication towards his bowling and fitness. I am not sure if Sreesanth can even play 3 consecutive tests in a series without getting injured. Ishant played 7 consecutive tests within 2 months without break. This shows how much he works on his fitness. Sreesanth is multi-tasker, wants to be jack of all trade and that is not possible if he is a fast bowler and wants to lead the attack of the country. Regarding Ishant's average being 35. Tell how many Indian bowlers had that many wickets at 23 years of age, only Kapil and Bhajji and both have 400 wickets to their name and still both averages in around 30 or so.
i dont know what kind of loogic this again...how many bowlers Under 23 had this avg etc..what guarantee he will continue take wickets at lesser average in Future ? and when he retires his average will be 30 ? So now 35 avg is Great because no Indian bowlers had better average :dance:
i dont know what kind of loogic this again...how many bowlers Under 23 had this avg etc..what guarantee he will continue take wickets at lesser average in Future ? and when he retires his average will be 30 ? So now 35 avg is Great because no Indian bowlers had better average :dance:
nothing guarantees it but when u see bowler u can tell weather he is improving or not but thats one thing if ishant fails in this series again ...i think even he will be asked to perform or otherwise improve in fc or county cricket
So he has taken over 100 wickets and is third fastest Indian to 100 wickets does not suggest you he is better than any other we had. There is not guarantee to anything in life show can you be guaranteed about it, but it is simple thing. Most cricketers improve with time whether he is a batsman or a bowler. McGarth only debuted at age 23 and continuously improved with time. Ishant has improved a lot since he debuted pace wise and in other aspects of bowling as well. This is just a simple logic to apply that if he is that good at 23, he will certainly improve as he plays more, injury persisting. We hoped same for Sreesanth as well, but he was not dedicated to his bowling much which showed in his off field activities. He is not great yet, no one becomes great in 4 years. It takes 10 years of cricket and achievements to become a great, but he is certainly better than many others we have right now and we had in the past.
nothing guarantees it but when u see bowler u can tell weather he is improving or not but thats one thing if ishant fails in this series again ...i think even he will be asked to perform or otherwise improve in fc or county cricket
He played well Against WI in windies... He is bad against England in england (PK pawned him :winky:) he is just good against WI in India... no consistancy...just because others are bad he is having more chnaces and looks good
So he has taken over 100 wickets and is third fastest Indian to 100 wickets does not suggest you he is better than any other we had. There is not guarantee to anything in life show can you be guaranteed about it, but it is simple thing. Most cricketers improve with time whether he is a batsman or a bowler. McGarth only debuted at age 23 and continuously improved with time. Ishant has improved a lot since he debuted pace wise and in other aspects of bowling as well. This is just a simple logic to apply that if he is that good at 23, he will certainly improve as he plays more, injury persisting. We hoped same for Sreesanth as well, but he was not dedicated to his bowling much which showed in his off field activities. He is not great yet, no one becomes great in 4 years. It takes 10 years of cricket and achievements to become a great, but he is certainly better than many others we have right now and we had in the past.
Steyn.. i agree with u no one can be great in 4 years...but u apply different logics to different people
Steyn.. i agree with u no one can be great in 4 years...but u apply different logics to different people
Steyn debuted in 2004 and it is 7 years since he played his first test. Give 3 more years to Ishant, his revival has just begun and Steyn is one in a generation bowler. No fast bowler is even close to him in whole cricketing world right now. Ishant will never be anywhere near Styen in terms of average and strike rate, but if he can be around 30 and take 300-400 wickets in his career, he will be an Indian great. After all, only Kapil Dev has taken that many wickets for India as a fast bowler.
steyn in 2004 i think he debuted against england or maybe 2005 he wasnt the same bowler people thought he was too short he wasnt this consistent even swing wasnt consistent he improved a lot in 3 years another example anderson he was always talented but was never up to mark before only improved now earlier he wasnt even in team! steyn is now 28.. anderson is 29
i would have VK over Irfan...each to their own except for the last few matches i dont know what else Irfan done :dontknow:
I would have both VK and Irfan. I would prefer Sudeep Tyagi though but not sure what's happening with him. He hasn't even played the last Ranji match that UP played. Even Ajit Agarkar would have been a better option than sending Mithun.
I would have both VK and Irfan. I would prefer Sudeep Tyagi though but not sure what's happening with him. He hasn't even played the last Ranji match that UP played. Even Ajit Agarkar would have been a better option than sending Mithun.
He came back from injury and is struggling with his rhythm right now, had a minor finger injury and sit out in the last Ranji match. UP suffered a bit this season because of his bad form.
he will better steyn :two_thumbs_up: Steyn played only 7 tests more than Ishanth
Steyn is one in a generation bowler. No fast bowler is even close to him in whole cricketing world right now. Ishant will never be anywhere near Styen in terms of average and strike rate, but if he can be around 30 and take 300-400 wickets in his career, he will be an Indian great. After all, only Kapil Dev has taken that many wickets for India as a fast bowler. We can only compare Ishant to what we have now and what we had in the past. There is no benefit comparing him to Styen or any one else.
Sreesanth is talented and has lost of abilities, but he is already 29 and has wasted 6 precious years of his cricketing life and if at 29 he is worse than Ishant when he will make use of that talent. I laugh him just because of that. These guys likes of Sreesanth and Munaf do not understand what precious talent they are gifted by the Creator. They both are certainly deserves all the laugh at them. Ishant is only 23. He lost his pace and form, but came back with a bang in WI with an MOS performance. The best thing about Ishant is his dedication towards his bowling and fitness. I am not sure if Sreesanth can even play 3 consecutive tests in a series without getting injured. Ishant played 7 consecutive tests within 2 months without break. This shows how much he works on his fitness. Sreesanth is multi-tasker, wants to be jack of all trade and that is not possible if he is a fast bowler and wants to lead the attack of the country. Regarding Ishant's average being 35. Tell how many Indian bowlers had that many wickets at 23 years of age, only Kapil and Bhajji and both have 400 wickets to their name and still both averages in around 30 or so and remember, now we have more batting days, more flatter tracks, high batting averages.
Sreesanth really has had some bad luck with his injuries. I agree with you that it is a case of such a great talent gone waste. It is to Sree's credit that he is one of the few Indian pacers whose pace actually increased after he first came on the scene. Even today a fully fit Sreesant is next only to a fully fit Zaheer and far better than all the Vinay Kumars and Mithuns. But after the South Africa tour, we are yet to see a fully fit Sreesanth.