Aaron out of Aus tests. Weenie Koomar to replace!

hatja_tau

Steyn is one in a generation bowler. No fast bowler is even close to him in whole cricketing world right now. Ishant will never be anywhere near Styen in terms of average and strike rate, but if he can be around 30 and take 300-400 wickets in his career, he will be an Indian great. After all, only Kapil Dev has taken that many wickets for India as a fast bowler. We can only compare Ishant to what we have now and what we had in the past. There is no benefit comparing him to Styen or any one else.
i think he will avg around 28 when his career ends and strike rate now thats diff thing :P steyn bowls in most helpful conditions currently available for bowlers ishant at home bowls on paatas :P
Sreesanth really has had some bad luck with his injuries. I agree with you that it is a case of such a great talent gone waste. It is to Sree's credit that he is one of the few Indian pacers whose pace actually increased after he first came on the scene. Even today a fully fit Sreesant is next only to a fully fit Zaheer and far better than all the Vinay Kumars and Mithuns. But after the South Africa tour' date= we are yet to see a fully fit Sreesanth.
The biggest behind Sree's injury has been his lack of fitness and stamina. He does not work that hard on his fitness and when he pushes himself in bowling, he gets those injuries like hamstring, back, etc.
Steyn is one in a generation bowler. No fast bowler is even close to him in whole cricketing world right now. Ishant will never be anywhere near Styen in terms of average and strike rate, but if he can be around 30 and take 300-400 wickets in his career, he will be an Indian great. After all, only Kapil Dev has taken that many wickets for India as a fast bowler. We can only compare Ishant to what we have now and what we had in the past. There is no benefit comparing him to Styen or any one else.
i know that..i just gave examples similer to how you pick up from thin air...:--D

Ishant has come back after Venkatesh Prasad messed up his bowling action in an attempt to turn him into a trudler. . Ishant was never meant to be a swing bowler. He always will be a hit the deck kind of bowler. How many bowlers can come back from the deep pit he was in. It takes a lot of character and hard work to do that. Australia and South Africa are the best places to bowl. Provided he remains fit, I think we are going to see something special from him this tour...and he and Yadav would make a good pair bowling in tandem.

i think its better to compare people to anderson then steyn steyn is fast bowler who has control of medium pacer! and gets into batsman's head like zack :P
we cant compare these bowlers as they have in different stage of their carreer.. these are simple debates for fun..no need to take seriously :winky:
i know that..i just gave examples similer to how you pick up from thin air...:--D
If only Ishant can get his seam position, he will be our real attacking option in these conditions in Australia. Hope, he gives some attention to his seam position as well as stay fit.
Ishant has come back after Venkatesh Prasad messed up his bowling action in an attempt to turn him into a trudler. . Ishant was never meant to be a swing bowler. He always will be a hit the deck kind of bowler. How many bowlers can come back from the deep pit he was in. It takes a lot of character and hard work to do that. Australia and South Africa are the best places to bowl. Provided he remains fit' date=' I think we are going to see something special from him this tour...and he and Yadav would make a good pair bowling in tandem.[/quote'] yep i agree! and even if zaheer is injured vinay can support them if pitch swings.. atleast he wont leak runs like sreesanth does when not in rhythm @dumdumdigadig i know im just saying even anderson had average of over 34 when he picked his 100 wickets... its normal bowlers improve after they get experince and sort out action or other prob ishant improved so much from lets say south african series or sri lanka series he is getting better and better so i have high hopes for him to do something like wht anderson did after his 100 wickets he improved a lot
how is pathan better than kumar? even vk performed reasonably well in fc cricket and i think he might be good 3rd seamer in australia if it swings there... he even odis bowled some beauties to get people out most of wickets have come of good deliveries against england and west indies (every one knows i hate him but he wasnt really bad :) would love to see how pathan bowls cos if he does well he might be the replacement of zaheer or any one who is injured...
Read my post again. Where have I written that Pathan is better than Kumar? I have compared Irfan to Mithun and there again I have stated that Irfan is a better bat and has had previous international experience in Oz.
Amazing. The guy plays 4 ODIs and a test and he gets injured. Wonder what sort of fitness levels they have. Now we know why MSD wasn't letting him bowl more than 3-4 overs in a spell, despite all that, he has broken down. Is there any clarity on the kind of injury he has and for how long he is out? Also, if the BCCI and the team management has had any lessons from the Eng tour, they better take 3-4 additional bowlers with the touring squad. Else this will be as disastrous as England.
No yaar MSD is not a Faaaast bowlers kaptaan. He is the main culprit for the cultivation of trundlers in our country.
No yaar MSD is not a Faaaast bowlers kaptaan. He is the main culprit for the cultivation of trundlers in our country.
You need to bowl them. It is not like if you do not bowl them they wont get injuries. They still get injuries whether they bowl 10 overs or 20 overs. Bowl till they are fit and do not let that time go. No one has any control over injuries. Injuries are imminent and are gonna come but you cannot keep bowlers in cotton wool with fear of injuries. Instead make a larger pool, keep enough decent bowlers in the set up that if one gets injured, another takes his place. For that, selectors need to have eye for talent and broad thinking in terms of picking them. Main thing is to identify those guys who can back up others.
Just watching ponting bowl, even he can bowl around 130kmph lol Wow last one @ 132 , can Vinay match it ?
And he is 37 years old..and Vinay is our Young fast bowler. In his under 19 days Virat Kohli used to be a decent trundler. Wonder why he doesn't work on his bowling a bit more. Could have been useful as a 5th bowling option.