Aaron out of Aus tests. Weenie Koomar to replace!

hatja_tau

idk yadav recently improved his game a bit an i seriously dont get the hate against him, mithun is rubbish so hate is justified but he is performing consistently now in odis ,he has good record in this emerging players tournament and he is getting good players out is it bcos of speed he bowls over 130 its not like we have been famous for producing 140 k bowlers' pathan ,rp(current) sreesanth in england all bowled in 120's!
Fair enough. VK for PK. But Mithun...hopeless rkt now that his (Mithun) selection is fait accompli, do you think that his action can be improved by Simmons during the tour or it is too much to do in a short time?
In the Emerging players tourney. Vinay got 12 wickets, Aaron got 10 and UY got only 6. So does this make him a better bowler than Aaron and Yadav?
dont know but vinay has played many matches alongside umesh and aron ( emerging, irani and WI ondayers) and he pretty much outperforms atleast one of them or both of them in every occasion. criticisam of mithun is justified but to me vinay is still decent bowler to have. after PK he is the workhorse of the team.
Fair enough. VK for PK. But Mithun...hopeless rkt now that his (Mithun) selection is fait accompli, do you think that his action can be improved by Simmons during the tour or it is too much to do in a short time?
Cannot say anything unless they find his action to be improved. It is all up to Mithun if he knows his action is coming right or why he is not able to generate pace. He is now sometimes bowling even slower than Vinay. Like Yadav did with his Ranji coach and improved his action. He knew the things to be improved and he did. Mithun does not have to change too much. It will take just one day to change it once he knows what to change and then practice on it. Though these things are done in a relaxed manner in academy nets, not on tours. If it does not come right, it can demoralize a bowler, like what happened to Ishant.
dont know but vinay has played many matches alongside umesh and aron ( emerging, irani and WI ondayers) and he pretty much outperforms atleast one of them or both of them in every occasion. criticisam of mithun is justified but to me vinay is still decent bowler to have. after PK he is the workhorse of the team.
i agree...
because Aaron has pace and Kumar does not. Aaron was young only 21 and Kumar was 27. Aaron has more years in him to play than Vinay and we did not have genuine pacers but more than enough bowlers like Vinay.
Aaron Injury prone...Vinay is Not.. Aaron yet to play a full IPL while Vinay Played in atleast 3 full seasons and there is no rule says Aaron cant reduce his speed...Already other faaaast bowler wants to be Mcgrath
I remember in the Irani Trophy two of Aaron's catches were dropped by Vinay Kumar when he was in the slips. Sometimes statistics dont indicate everything. Umesh Yadav was quite impressive in that match and Aaron was quite unlucky. Vinay got wickets when batsmen were going after him. Anyway now that he is in the team, one hopes that the Aussies get careless against him and get out.
Cannot say anything unless they find his action to be improved. It is all up to Mithun if he knows his action is coming right or why he is not able to generate pace. He is now sometimes bowling even slower than Vinay. Like Yadav did with his Ranji coach and improved his action. He knew the things to be improved and he did. Mithun does not have to change too much. It will take just one day to change it once he knows what to change and then practice on it. Though these things are done in a relaxed manner in academy nets, not on tours. If it does not come right, it can demoralize a bowler, like what happened to Ishant.
and not many bowlers unlike ishant are able to come back! i think he should not change anything now... lets hope he does not gets a game:nervous::pray:
Aaron Injury prone...Vinay is Not.. Aaron yet to play a full IPL while Vinay Played in atleast 3 full seasons and there is no rule says Aaron cant reduce his speed...Already other faaaast bowler wants to be Mcgrath
How IPL is related here. Most genuine fast bowlers at young age have been prone to injuries specially back stress fracture but they came out well after that. Johnson had 4 back stress fracture by the time he was 22 and now he is one of the hardest bowler to get injured and when he get injured was while batting. Brett Lee had back rupture at 21-22, he improved his bowling action and then debuted against India brilliantly.
How IPL is related here. Most genuine fast bowlers at young age have been prone to injuries specially back stress fracture but they came out well after that. Johnson had 4 back stress fracture by the time he was 22 and now he is one of the hardest bowler to get injured and when he get injured was while batting. Brett Lee had back rupture at 21-22' date=' he improved his bowling action and then debuted against India brilliantly.[/quote'] think broadly... you are telling Aaron is young ...and still lot of years in him to bowl fast What i am telling is bit realistic - Any fast bowler have limited shelf life compare to Batsmen and Spinners..so they have to make most of it... Only way is IPL... we all know excpet for Brett Lee all other Super fast bowlers of this generation Shane Bond,Akthar,Tait all didnt had a long careers...Even Malinga Dropped out of Tests and now mainly concnatrtae on T20 Why do you expect UY or Aaron spend their whole life bowling Super fassssst in Flat pitches...just give it a thought You can Just wish...but you cant ask them to spend their life like that
think broadly... you are telling Aaron is young ...and still lot of years in him to bowl fast What i am telling is bit realistic - Any fast bowler have limited shelf life compare to Batsmen and Spinners..so they have to make most of it... Only way is IPL... we all know excpet for Brett Lee all other Super fast bowlers of this generation Shane Bond,Akthar,Tait all didnt had a long careers...Even Malinga Dropped out of Tests and now mainly concnatrtae on T20 Why do you expect UY or Aaron spend their whole life bowling Super fassssst in Flat pitches...just give it a thought You can Just wish...but you cant ask them to spend their life like that
yaar dimag ki dahi ho gayi:(( Are Stuart Binny or S Aravind ko koi Australia bhej do aur Yadav aur Ishant ko vapas bula lo.:winky:

dddd has a point. Most fast bowlers (like other mortals) would want to prolong their careers as much as possible, and eventually if dropping pace is the only way they can keep their bodies in shape, they'll do so. I guess Munaf did the same since he knew his body won't be able to take it ... and he took a wise decision for himself.

dddd has a point. Most fast bowlers (like other mortals) would want to prolong their careers as much as possible, and eventually if dropping pace is the only way they can keep their bodies in shape, they'll do so. I guess Munaf did the same since he knew his body won't be able to take it ... and he took a wise decision for himself.
But Board and selectors should set examples so that bowlers are not encouraged to drop pace. No player need to play 10-15 years to earn money nowadays. Playing in IPL, Yadav got 3.5 crores last in 2011 in 50 days of IPL. IPL is there to ensure money for them. and which bowler does not go through injuries. PK is trundler still going trough so many injuries, Zak is going theough so many injuries without being any genuine pacer. So there is no guarantee, you will not have injury if you drop pace and it is better that team missing you you as a genuine pacer even when you are out because of injury rather than you missing the team as you are dropped from the team.

I guess they know their bodies better than we do and take calls accordingly. Whenever I see Aaron, he doesn't seem that strong to me, and I'll not be surprised if he turns into a trundler eventually because of his body not complying. Everyone do has injuries (Nehra, despite not being fast is always in the ICU), but express pace bowlers do have a shorter life span in comparison - so most people with weak bodies would rather want to be like Vaas and Mcgrath, than trying to be a Shaun Tait and burn out. Regarding IPL, they all know they'll not get a contract/money per match if not fit. I guess VRV had no contract this year, despite being one of the fastest a few years back. Players also know that once they've lost their 'heat', there's nothing more left. No recalls, no big money, no fame. They'll have to drag the rest of their lives being moderately known insecure people looking for alternate employment. Most would rather try and find the ideal way to be fit as long as possible, and if dropping pace is one of the ways, they'll do so.

i know wht u guys are saying that aaronmight drop his pace but i dont think that would happen he already had this type of injury before...dropping pace maybe is easiest option but he is smart but this guy wants to bowl fast.. more over he is smart enough to know if he drops pace he will not get into team and itsn ot like dropping pace is the only option his action has problem thats why his back is getting injured u can tell that.. so why not work on it? he is very young should be easy more over u can make ur body stronger (not gym strong) like u can tell right now yadav is comfortable bowling quick (maybe earleir he got injury but im sure it would be cos of action) yadav will survive whole test series u can tell cos he can bowl at 140 + wont say w/o effort but w/o strain he bowled like 10 overs in a spell in irani trophy (im not sure) still was clocking over 140!