Paki Host Owned

maniac

Lurks These days I only watch Pakistani news, they show more quality stuff. News Channels like Geo etc have way better talk shows, and there is no hatred towards in India in particular, only amongst few but their humor, talks etc is brilliant. I switch to Indian TV, and its same old crap - nothing interesting at all Banana News Network is so funny
Rajiv, You resonate some of what I was thinking. Why is it though? Sure Pakistan has its problems, and sensationalism there is as much (if not worse) than India's but still the media overall is not as bad. In many cases it is better than India's. Indian channels are far too predictable with saas-bahu-devar kissa and/or some weird love triangles. Then of course every second channel has a remake of American/British shows what with idol, fear factor etc etc. It is the same sh!t wrapped in different channel. Whats your take on this? What happened to Indian media??

Lack of creativity and sensationalize everything with a filmi type angle. There is more concern about ratings, lack of smart hosts and ideas. I got to see Dev saabs funeral on a Pakistani Channel! - they gave him so much respect Aaj tak ( its like watching new on a BST Bus Headline news ( Bollywood ) Zee TV ( 2 days behind ) What else do we have here? Look at Geo - Capital Talk, Aapas ki Baat, BNN..lot of variety

P.S You are right about the hindi/urdu version as well. Urdu version comes in very sober and soft while I don't get the hardcore hindi version or the "Indian" English where there is a push at the end. It's almost like listening to a college lecturer. Frankly, not many good looking hosts as well

Lack of creativity and sensationalize everything with a filmi type angle. There is more concern about ratings, lack of smart hosts and ideas. I got to see Dev saabs funeral on a Pakistani Channel! - they gave him so much respect Aaj tak ( its like watching new on a BST Bus Headline news ( Bollywood ) Zee TV ( 2 days behind ) What else do we have here? Look at Geo - Capital Talk, Aapas ki Baat, BNN..lot of variety
I think you have hit it on the head. Creativity is certainly going for a toss. And if there is one genre that requires creativity it is humor. Within this genre there is a clear gap. If I have to make a general statement India has gone the American route where we (India) take an idea and then polish and streamline it often thanks to huge resources. While Pakistan may have gone the British route where due to lack of resources they had to put more onus on creativity and substance. There is also another angle, possibly religious and economic. As Indians have migrated, and most Indian families have some or other kissa like this today, Indian family (specially Hindu) family is under a risk of breaking down. People are getting married without parents, kids are being born abroad, festivities are often seen on web. I think Muslims in general, Pakistanis in particular, have been great at preserving family and family values. A personal titbit here, the most suggestive line ever was told to me by a Pakistani gal. It was so subtle that it took me 2 days to understand but it blew me away. What marvellous creativity. She always told me it took an Indian chap to bring it out of her so I suppose it was all good in the end lol. xxx

The problem is that our television media caters to a numerically huge lower middle class audience and hence tries to tailor content in such a way so as to appeal to them, and in the process giving rise to a tabloid version of the news. AajTak which was first a respected and decent news program on DD and then a separate channel in its early years, went downhill after India TV started peperring its programming with Bhoot pret, tantrik babas and other sensationalized news

Pakistani TV dramas are class as well, I can't stand the heavily equipped ladies in Indian Serials where they sleep with Paanch tola gold Well, as you can see the interest out own ICF'ers have in that awful big boss ( which is ok for 1st season ). I call this "new money and g@@d masti" crowd

The problem is that our television media caters to a numerically huge lower middle class audience and hence tries to tailor content in such a way so as to appeal to them' date=' and in the process giving rise to a tabloid version of the news. AajTak which was first a respected and decent news program on DD and then a separate channel in its early years, went downhill after India TV started peperring its programming with[b'] Bhoot pret, tantrik babas and other sensationalized news
It can't get worst than that

The Indian media persons are too influenced by the crime shows and try to present even the regular news stories in the "vardaat/crime-report" mode.
That started with one very successful program on Zee TV in the 90s- hosted by Suhaib Illyasi. India most wanted. all these programs are knock offs.

^^ we had great material in Buniyaad, Hum Log, Yeh Jo hain Zindagi, Wagle Ke Duniya, Rajni, Nukkad I also feel the above did well, coz they were exclusive and we concentrated on it. Now, you have 40 different serials so much of them is another channel surf moment

I think you have hit it on the head. Creativity is certainly going for a toss. And if there is one genre that requires creativity it is humor. Within this genre there is a clear gap. If I have to make a general statement India has gone the American route where we (India) take an idea and then polish and streamline it often thanks to huge resources. While Pakistan may have gone the British route where due to lack of resources they had to put more onus on creativity and substance. There is also another angle, possibly religious and economic. As Indians have migrated, and most Indian families have some or other kissa like this today, Indian family (specially Hindu) family is under a risk of breaking down. People are getting married without parents, kids are being born abroad, festivities are often seen on web. I think Muslims in general, Pakistanis in particular, have been great at preserving family and family values. A personal titbit here, the most suggestive line ever was told to me by a Pakistani gal. It was so subtle that it took me 2 days to understand but it blew me away. What marvellous creativity. She always told me it took an Indian chap to bring it out of her so I suppose it was all good in the end lol. xxx
Don't agree on that....The '2nd' 2nd generation immigrants from Hindu families...the reason I put 2nd in quotes because I am not talking about people who migrated to the U.S in the 60's and 70's but the families of children who migrated to the U.S during the late 80's till now are much more religiously and culturally aware than probably even some of usUrban Indians. I can vouch for this particularly in South Indian families....and I mean no disrespect to migrants from other parts of India. I cannot comment on them but some of the awareness they have takes me by surprise.I am not quoting a 1-2 sample size to stake my claim because there is a substantial enough evidence in my immediate family to support that. I have seen in Temples,I have been to various meets and surprisingly I have been to Thyagaraja(I am not sure if you know who he is) gaana sabha accompynying my uncle and I am surprised to see so many 2nd gen desis there....Infact if any I came across as a IBCF(Indian Born Confused Fob) and felt ashamed of myself. There is this swaadhyaya group filled with so many NRI's and many more such programmes filleed with upholding Hindu Values.The amount of programmes are not surprising but the amount of members and patrons and the type of patrons these programmes enjoy which is more surprising Lurker Bhai,I completely agree with you when you say a lot of Pak immigrants have uphedl their values but I disagree when you say that it is not the same for Hindu families. I don't think films and cricket are the only common factors that Indian NRI's are bounded by...This is a steroptype

Well, as you can see the interest out own ICF'ers have in that awful big boss ( which is ok for 1st season ). I call this "new money and g@@d masti" crowd
++++++++ 1 Big boss, MTV Radios, Falana ki shaadi, chilaana ka fatiha :whistle: Most of the reality shows are like that. You can make a reality show with some heart and soul - Saregama (Sonu Nigham) and Farooq Sheikh's show comes to mind. The nautanki of Himesh Reshamiyya and Ismail Darbar qualifies completely for the g@@d masti crowd...(thanks for the phrase by the way :hysterical: )