A silly little poll

Gambit

A silly little poll  

1. 1.

• Walk up to the gang and confront them
    • Say something under your breath and walk on
    • Run together
    • Run, leaving the poor woman to fend for herself.

Sorry for this rather insipid poll but please indulge me. Hypothetical situation. You've just come out of a cinema hall around midnight after the last showing of the day. You walk back to the parking lot/bus stop/taxi stand with your other half/mother/sister and you hear a whistle. A group of 10 or so hoodlums start teasing the woman with you and there is no one else around. It starts to get ugly and they start to advance towards you. What do you do? Select one of the options and do add to your choice in your posts.

I dont even know why there is even a poll here.. As far as i can see , there is only one option ( if it gets ugly as mentioned in the post) -- Confront the guys , ask the women to run.. And have some fun !

Lets take away Mom/daughter/sister out of the equation and limit it to friends/gf/wives etc. Now my personal experience almost always have been to confront the chaps and later on getting confronted by the girl with a "Surely you ought to be smarter than those buffoons". It is fascinating, atleast for me, as to how many times I landed in such situations and later on realized that it was better had I left the girl to fend for herself. Then again it is something that you do because you want to, not because they wanted you to do. xx

Confrontation would be the very last resort as far as i am concerned. Okay, if there were 2 or 3 d*ckheads, then fine - but directly confronting a group of 10 or more is just suicidal. The sense of being so heavily outnumbered plays on my mind. In that case, i'd just not take any notice and would walk away.

Vaise it depends on how many are there.. And mostly desi girls are themselves really good at shouting down lafangas and gundas.. They can get a crowd going in no time to beat them up.. If the guys start fighting.. then the crowd doesn't care.

I chose the confrontation option coz it was mentioned that things got ugly. If all the bum-heads did was to hoot and make sounds , i would try to walk away. But if they got quite close and phyical , just to buy some time for the ladies to run , i would have stood-up. Obv i would have little chance against 10 , so once i know that ladies are a safe distance away , i will try to evade them too.

I dont think, i can take on 10 guys, even if they are built like poodles...it is a different thing, if it is only 2 or 3... i think, it is wiser to ignore them and start walking faster and call 911... Mars-man, i dont think, ur idea will work cos they dont have to have all the 10 guys on u.... 5 or 6 is enuf and 4 can go after the woman.. which in my opinion is more aggravating the situation and put her at risk more...

I knew questions would be asked about what i said. Obviously , the permutations and combinations of the situations will multiply as we keep discussing. Everybody says " keep walking.. ignore" . That would work , if those guys allow you to do so. What if they get really abrasive and are not in a mood to let you just walk away. I assumed that was the situation. I think under such circumstances , its best to do whatever to buy some time for the other person to run.

Best idea would be to pick up something..some pipe or anything strong..and with that you can handle 9-10 people for some time.... its not a wise idea to tackle 10 people in hand combat.... i would try to look for things around me..with which i can defend ..and will ask the ladies to either run....and if not possible then they too pick up something to attack... else run together...yelling and shouting for help...

Best idea would be to pick up something..some pipe or anything strong..and with that you can handle 9-10 people for some time....
LMFAO ! Kya bakwaas kar rahe ho saab. Pipe, shype...10 goonday keliye ek pipe kabhi bhi kaafi nahi hai. You would be able to knock one or two down at best. Doosre sab pipe chheen ke, sidha g@and mein thoons denge...:haha:

I'd ask us all to run really fast, preferrably in two seprate groups heading in different directions but converging somewhere pre-determined. Then i'd curse myself for going to that part of the town with lafangaas/living in a lafangaa-ridden area. Then i'd either move/seek to move away/avoid that area in future or pack my gun with me next time i am out. But if i am forewarned of such a scenario happening, i'd take my gun with my anyways. A few shots in the air and the 10-goonda crowd is gonna scatter. if not, a few knee-cap shots or shoulder-shots would draw enough blood. Enough time for the women & the rest to run away with me hot on heels. Oh and by the way-unless these women are my friends/family, i'd just very quietly leave the spot and let them fend for themselves. I aint risking my neck for total strangers, sorry to say.

Doosre sab pipe chheen ke' date=' sidha g@and mein[b'] thoons denge...:haha:
Abhi yeh baat huyi na :shakehands::shakehands: Heard that word -thoons- after such a long time. The other day reminded me of Katta. Seems like my vocabulary is going back to school days :shades_smile: (not sure if thats a good or a bad thing)

Oh and another thing- pipe-shipe is bakwaas. If its 10 goondas,actually forget 10 goondas, if its just regular 10 guys seeking a scrap, you will get your a$$ owned. Even if you are Bruce Lee. Unless ofcourse, you have a weapon. believe it or not, in a group-confrontation of this sort, a sword is the most effective means of defence. You can slash away ( provided you are trained) and disable the people without the fear of killing them if you were packing a gun. besides, aiming with the gun takes time. If one thing that owning guns have taught me is that tv-style gun battles are a fantasy. I don't care what gun you have, unless you got a fully auto belt-fed MG, you better take the time to aim or else you wont hit anything. If it boils down to the gun, you better hope that intimidation-factor works (while you give cover the retreat- which means firing short bursts and running away, firing short bursts, running away, etc) and they arnt just right in front of your face. Or else you are just...f*cked.

Pipe is more than a handful weapon. I am not sure how many of you have landed in a fight. But if you have you will first admit 10 is a high number, one man against 4-5 is generally the common situation. The number(5) is obviously overwhelming but the point remains that noone wants to be hit. If you are capable of instilling that fear that you couldnt care less if you are hit but you will take 2-3 down with you trust me you will be instantly feared. A pipe is more than a handy weapon of choice, just a couple of smooth strokes and you can easily break someone's hand of legs or open a skull. Alright I need to reign in my violent mind :embaressed_smile: