A silly little poll

Gambit

A silly little poll  

1. 1.

• Walk up to the gang and confront them
    • Say something under your breath and walk on
    • Run together
    • Run, leaving the poor woman to fend for herself.

If you know that the other guy is just too weak for you ' date=' you dont go in and give him a straight kick in his b#lls. Might as well knock him down with a good punch in the face.[/quote'] Rule #1: Your prime target is the guy's nuts. Doesnt matter if he is a shaolin master or your common thug. Faster you kick someone in the nuts, faster the fight ends. Faster the fight ends, faster is the danger to your own personal safety or the safety of the person/object/creature you are protecting averted. Faster you avert danger to your object of protection, better is your survivability rate. If its a weak guy, it'd be one kick and down. if he is not so weak a guy, i'd have to cop a few blows, throw a few blows before the kicking opportunity presents itself. But bottomline is, kicking a man down there is the fastest, surest and easiest way to end a fight. You fight for survival/only when it is necessary. Not for impressing someone with your bravado. And in a fight for survivability, every opponent is treated your equal (or superior), even the cheesiest of novices. A fighter keeps his eye on the target and focuses only on the target. The target is victory and the quickest route to victory is the best route to victory. And any route to victory is better than a loss when you are fighting in real life. Rules- any rule- whatever the rule- only applies if it is a demonstration or competition. Not in a real life adversarial fight. Just a few thing they'd teach you at a PROPER shaolin dojo.

Ok, lets have this situation then. There is REALLY puny guy who wants to have altercation with you. You know that you can cop some blows from but one good blow ( and i dont mean the low blow) will finish him. Will you still aim for his balls ?

. Will you still aim for his balls ?
Yes. Most definitely. You forget, i am a puny guy myself - so using that line doesnt help. And i never expected someone to spare my nuts in a fight,even when they are bigger than me, so i don't give that consideration to anyone. If i am mad enough to fight, the only relevant thing that matters to me at that point is the fastest, quickest and most effective way to win. Period. Oh and it'd apply if i were fighting a girl too...though kicking a girl in the crotch doesnt do nearly as much. Once i am mad enough at someone to fight, nothing matters anymore, except victory- their age, gender, skill level, strength etc. do not matter. Well skill level matters i guess- if they are way too skilled, i'd bend over, do a pranaam and avoid an ass-kicking.

Well skill level matters i guess- if they are way too skilled' date=' i'd bend over, do a pranaam and avoid an ass-kicking.[/quote'] What you are essentially saying is - no point putting up a fight , when you know you arent going to win anyways ?

Maybe you think this way ' date=' because you always have the feeling that , in any fight , you may start at a dis-advantage due to comparatively smaller physique ?[/quote'] No. I think this way because i attended a Shaolin dojo for two years. The philosophy is to avoid a fight as best as you can- but if you cannot avoid the fight, then you always fight the most efficient way. If there is an opening to the guy's crotch, you take it and nail him. Earlier the better. Martial art philosophy is about winning and winning only. Rules only apply to competitions and in real life confrontations, the only rule that you gotto be mindful of is try not to kill the guy/girl you are fighting if you can help it. Any instrument to victory is justified...if it means you spitting in their eye,biting them, throwing sand at them, or whatever to distract them and crotch-kick them, you then understand the philosophy behind the form.

What you are essentially saying is - no point putting up a fight ' date=' when you know you arent going to win anyways ?[/quote'] Yep. If i know i cannot win, i wont fight. For the outcome of that fight serves no positive purpose and instead adds an extra negetive ( ie, now i am dead/hurt badly). Another thing martial arts teaches you is to pick your fights if you can- if you see no way in winning the fight, even at the face of injustice or opression, it is not your fight, for a fight you cannot win should not be begun by you. Avoid if possible.

Aiming for nuts? What are you guys? Girls...:sad_smile: There is a term for that(hitting in the nuts) - low brow. Stay away from that, participate in the good old melee :damnmate::damnmate:
I dont consider that fighting, i consider that posturing to impress chicks/massage ego. fighting is about winning. Nothing more, nothing less. Never fight unless no other option (and you arnt sure of losing, ie, dont pick a fight with bruce lee unless you are his match) but once fighting, the only rule that applies is whether or not to kill that person.

Yep. If i know i cannot win, i wont fight. For the outcome of that fight serves no positive purpose and instead adds an extra negetive ( ie, now i am dead/hurt badly). Another thing martial arts teaches you is to pick your fights if you can- if you see no way in winning the fight, even at the face of injustice or opression, it is not your fight, for a fight you cannot win should not be begun by you. Avoid if possible.
Hmm.. some VERY insightful posts there CC. Though i guess you are purely alluding to physical combat and nothing else.

Looks like none of you folks attended self defence lessons or didn't learn any martial arts. If it's 10/20 fellas, I wouldn't try and be Jackie Chan. I'll look for the nearest way to get into a cab.

Hmm.. some VERY insightful posts there CC. Though i guess you are purely alluding to physical combat and nothing else.
Err throwing sand, crowbaring someone over the head, etc etc is physical combat. Physical combat in real life is defined as someone getting physically hurt. Nothing more, nothing less.

Looks like none of you folks attended self defence lessons or didn't learn any martial arts. If it's 10/20 fellas, I wouldn't try and be Jackie Chan. I'll look for the nearest way to get into a cab.
Err i attended martial arts..and thats pretty much what i said too. :cantstop::tounge_smile:

I dont consider that fighting, i consider that posturing to impress chicks/massage ego. fighting is about winning. Nothing more, nothing less. Never fight unless no other option (and you arnt sure of losing, ie, dont pick a fight with bruce lee unless you are his match) but once fighting, the only rule that applies is whether or not to kill that person.
Now where did girls come into the picture? Sorry the good old melee is always about one upmanship amongst men. Females are not even remotely involved here. The point of a fight is to land a few blows and take a few blows. Simple as that. Noone, and I mean noone, wins all his fight and so you can throw that fight is for winning out the window. To be frank a lot of fights are fun, even if you are at receiving side. :thumbs_up:

Looks like none of you folks attended self defence lessons or didn't learn any martial arts.
Actually , you wouldnt believe this guys. I attended Karate classes when i was 13-14. After I graduated into 2nd level , we used to have these tournaments where we have one guy fighting against the other. That was my first fight and guess what happened ? The first shot my much smaller opponent gave me was astraight kick in the nuts !!!!! I fell in a heap, and the masters helped me out and put everything back into place. Went back home and told mom what happened. She wouldnt allow me to go near that class ever again ! But for that kick , i would have been a Karate black belt ! sigh !!

Sorry the good old melee is always about one upmanship amongst men. Females are not even remotely involved here.
I aint talking about posture-fighting. Never been in one, never will be in one.
The point of a fight is to land a few blows and take a few blows
No. Point of a fight is to win. If there is any other reason, you have picked a fight that could've been avoided and you are a senseless git for picking a silly fight and endangering yourself/your charge. Not my words, words of shaolin fighters.
Noone, and I mean noone, wins all his fight and so you can throw that fight is for winning out the window.
No. Its true that no one wins all his/her fights. But the reason anyone should ever fight is to win, every single time.
To be frank a lot of fights are fun, even if you are at receiving side.
Well as i said, i am not talking about playfighting or simple posturing. That is nothing more than senseless stupidity in my books.

That was my first fight and guess what happened ? The first shot my much smaller opponent gave me was astraight kick in the nuts !!!!! I fell in a heap, and the masters helped me out and put everything back into place. Went back home and told mom what happened. She wouldnt allow me to go near that class ever again ! But for that kick , i would have been a Karate black belt ! sigh !!
Then why are you khalee peele arguing about what is the philosophy behind fighting ? you should know better from experience!

Err throwing sand, crowbaring someone over the head, etc etc is physical combat. Physical combat in real life is defined as someone getting physically hurt. Nothing more, nothing less.
No , i was referring to the concepts like " not fighting the battle , if you know you cant win it " I dont that applies to everything in life !