How confident are you that India will beat Eng/Aus at home?

How confident are you that India will beat Eng/Aus at home?  

1. 1.

• Different ball game at home - India will win easily
    • It will be close but India will win
    • Draw
    • India will lose at home as well

I think the Board will do everything possible to ensure India performs in the home series. Just was watching on NDTV Profit about how poor the TV ratings for the first 2 tests were and are expected to fall further. Advertisers are already concerned they will lose money. They are also talking about the brand value of some cricketers falling. Money talks and BCCI will listen.
There was this report about how the advertising chaps are waiting for the ODIs. They don't really care about the tests.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: hey goths and metalheads hotter any day :P
Not really my type. I prefer blondes! Multiple 'encounters' with Euro chicks has given me a healthy respect for them :D
For me it is. But thats your opinion. Back on topic please.
Fair play. We can't all have fun. Your plan for world domination in 10-15 years is fraught by the fact that Australia will still exist. So you'll have to be the second best in the world.
Not really my type. I prefer blondes! Multiple 'encounters' with Euro chicks has given me a healthy respect for them :D
:hysterical: and abt australia dominating.. too far even for u guys u need to find some quality batters and also dont get carried away with one series.. we have seen many bowlers come and fade away after 1 series... if u win ashes.. in england in my mind australia would be no 1 again till then... another team which is developing and has its share of problems
Correct me if Im wrong but I think some county teams were in or going into debt had we not toured England. Also it will effect them if it becomes more serious. It will effect funding which will effect there teams in the long run not immediately. It will effect everything from their military to sport etc etc.
From the Telegraph... India tour will offer £20m lifeline for struggling clubs
The Telegraph understands that this summe's tour by India, the global power of world cricket, will earn the England and Wales Cricket Board significant returns from their overseas broadcast deal with ESPN. In 2007, the ECB signed a rights deal with the broadcaster in the region of £40 million. A large slice, 45 per cent, is linked directly to the tour by India, a cheque which will arrive at a time when the county game needs a financial boost. When sponsorship and ticketing sales from the four Tests, five one-day internationals and a Twenty20 match are added, the visit by India will make 2011 the most lucrative in the history of English cricket. The windfall will enable the board to increase the annual dividend for the counties from its current £1.5million, providing a glimmer of good news for a domestic game that has been beset with financial problems during the economic downturn. The Indian tour will provide some relief with ESPN paying a large fee for overseas broadcast rights this summer as part of its four-year deal with the ECB. It will help to prop up county finances as the game prepares for a difficult 2012, when officials are warning that the London Olympics will hit cricket's corporate income. The money underlines the power of Indian cricket and the reason why boards are keen to play as many matches as possible against the recently crowned world champions and the No1-ranked Test side. To maximise income, over the next 18 months England will cram in 27 matches against India in all forms of cricket, touring the country twice In November, England will travel to India for a five-match one-day series and next year will undertake their biggest tour to the country for a generation, playing four Tests, seven one-day internationals and a Twenty20 match. Interest is high in this summer's action and on a par with an Ashes series. Perhaps we are now seeing the Ashes is not the only iconic series and Test series against India are taking their place at that table, said Richard Gould, the Surrey chief executive. Every Test series is important but perhaps now we are going to have a major event every two years rather than every four. Hosting political party conferences, weddings, event management and sharing developments with other community organisations will have as much bearing on the future of county cricket as visits by Sachin Tendulkar.
:hysterical: and abt australia dominating.. too far even for u guys u need to find some quality batters and also dont get carried away with one series.. we have seen many bowlers come and fade away after 1 series... if u win ashes.. in england in my mind australia would be no 1 again till then... another team which is developing and has its share of problems
I've already said in another thread that Australia wont beat India in our upcoming away series. The bowling attack is too green and odds are the batsmen will be even younger and more inexperienced. I'm also of the opinion that England will retain the 2013 Ashes in their home series, but they'll lose them over here later that year/2014. We are on course for another good era, but as you alluded to, there will be many bumps and problems.
I've already said in another thread that Australia wont beat India in our upcoming away series. The bowling attack is too green and odds are the batsmen will be even younger and more inexperienced. I'm also of the opinion that England will retain the 2013 Ashes in their home series, but they'll lose them over here later that year/2014. We are on course for another good era, but as you alluded to, there will be many bumps and problems.
yep.. australia will always be a good side no question abt that wont go the west indies way but last team u had with gr8st leg spinner gr8st medium pacer, gr8st openingp air , one of the best no 3 best wicket keeper batter i dont see those days coming back
the day most of people here wont have to struggle for food and would get garunteed education then only i u will be able to convince me abt development
Thats such a sweeping comment.There is a significant no. of population in Chennai and Mumbai who struggle for food and Education.Does that mean they are not developed cities? My point is there is a large misconception that the development in Metros have not spilled over to rural areas.This is simply not true.There is a significant development in rural areas in the last 10 years and yes the no. of people who struggle for education and food has come down significantly even in rural areas. Just check the stats for no of Engg. students graduated from rural areas this year compared to say 2000.You will notice the impact development has on educational opportunities in these rural areas.Again i am mainly stating this for South India where i work.
We are just generally better at most things. Very heavy sporting culture. A lot of pride is taken in beating other, larger nations given our small population. It's why we do so well at the Olympics. Plus our women are way hotter.
I think English women are definitely better looking.
Thats such a sweeping comment.There is a significant no. of population in Chennai and Mumbai who struggle for food and Education.Does that mean they are not developed cities? My point is there is a large misconception that the development in Metros have not spilled over to rural areas.This is simply not true.There is a significant development in rural areas in the last 10 years and yes the no. of people who struggle for education and food has come down significantly even in rural areas. Just check the stats for no of Engg. students graduated from rural areas this year compared to say 2000.You will notice the impact development has on educational opportunities in these rural areas.Again i am mainly stating this for South India where i work.
well i still see many people sleeping on roads.. and yes that mean they are not really developed cities still no 24 hour electricity in my city :P

Nobody hates England due to them being better than us. The only way in which they are better than India is recent form. Overall India has achieved a lot more in Cricket than England have despite playing the game for a much shorter period. Considering England invented the game they haven't really done that well, look at how consistent Australia have been throughout Cricket history. I personally have nothing against the England team, they're playing excellent Cricket at the moment and thoroughly deserve their rank. I'm glad to see Australia isn't no.1 anymore because I don't think it is healthy for a sport to be dominated for so long by one team, though because of the quality of Australia's domestic Cricket I think they will always be a be a top team. What I don't like about England is their fans acting as if England have always been way better than every team other than Australia, that is simply not true. England have to achieve a lot more than being rated no.1 for 3-4 months in Test Cricket. I'm not even going to bring up ODI cricket again because it's common knowledge that England are terrible at it.