"England do not deserve the #1 ranking "

We got whitewashed against great teams. Not joke teams like the current Aussie team.
This aussie team may turn to be a very good team,Point is in sport you have up and downs ,England was down in the dumps but now it is on top,similarly india was top now its at rock bottom.we can only improve.

Australia currently doesn't have a bowler in it's front line attack (Pattinson, Siddle, Hilfenhaus, Cummins, Harris) who averages over 30.00. England's 'best' (Anderson) and the 'gender undetermined' beauty queen (Broad) both are 30.00+ bowlers. Bresnan and Lurch are ok, but they don't compare to the two sub 20.00 geniuses in patto_man and Cummins, nor for that matter are they as good as Harro. England are going to get annihilated next year. Twice. Their entire top order will be back on the plane to South Africa begging to play for a real cricket team.

This aussie team may turn to be a very good team' date='Point is in sport you have up and downs ,England was down in the dumps but now it is on top,similarly india was top now its at rock bottom.we can only improve.[/quote'] hey there is no room for common sense in decent reasoning in this thread!! what are you playing at??! :mad:
Australia currently doesn't have a bowler in it's front line attack (Pattinson, Siddle, Hilfenhaus, Cummins, Harris) who averages over 30.00. England's 'best' (Anderson) and the 'gender undetermined' beauty queen (Broad) both are 30.00+ bowlers. Bresnan and Lurch are ok, but they don't compare to the two sub 20.00 geniuses in patto_man and Cummins, nor for that matter are they as good as Harro. England are going to get annihilated next year. Twice. Their entire top order will be back on the plane to South Africa begging to play for a real cricket team.
Give them a coule of series against India and the issue will be addressed :winky:
i hate myself for saying this (cos i like aussies more then english) but england will win next ashes ur attack is good but its very young and harris i still think cant last full series in english conditions they are really good dont go by averages anderson is up there with steyn if conditions favor him a bit and english batsmen play swing much better then indians and they will not fish around off stump and not give in to 1-2 sessions of pressure australia will eventually improve and become better with experince no question abt it.. natural talent wise australia attack is better but english attack is balanced and very very effective
i hate myself for saying this (cos i like aussies more then english) but england will win next ashes ur attack is good but its very young and harris i still think cant last full series in english conditions they are really good dont go by averages anderson is up there with steyn if conditions favor him a bit and english batsmen play swing much better then indians and they will not fish around off stump and not give in to 1-2 sessions of pressure australia will eventually improve and become better with experince no question abt it.. natural talent wise australia attack is better but english attack is balanced and very very effective
England's problem is that English conditions are in turn ideal for an Australian attack which will be astronomically better than anything they faced during the dark Johnson days. We've all seen what happens to the likes of Bell, Strauss etc when they face a decent attack (2006/07). The rotation policy will ensure Harris only needs to play 1-2 tests, plus there's the potential emergence of Starc, Cutting, Coulter-Nile etc. Australia will both win back and retain the Ashes.

Australia's batsmen are rubbish. Michael Clarke is good, Ponting and Hussey were great but are now too old. Pattinson and cummins have bowled to crap batsmen They'll be hit all over the park. We only need to score 500 between both innings to beat Australia comfortably. They have no decent spinner either.

England's problem is that English conditions are in turn ideal for an Australian attack which will be astronomically better than anything they faced during the dark Johnson days. We've all seen what happens to the likes of Bell, Strauss etc when they face a decent attack (2006/07). The rotation policy will ensure Harris only needs to play 1-2 tests, plus there's the potential emergence of Starc, Cutting, Coulter-Nile etc. Australia will both win back and retain the Ashes.
i like this attack but its not perfect trust me.. we made them look like world beaters but actually they are potentially good bowlers who are still learning harris is class i rate him up there with steyn! siddle i think england will handle him very well.. same with hilfy pattinson (my current fav bowler :winky:) i like him his length, line is perfect for english conditions but trust me england would play him much much better .. cummings i think he is still raw.. so australias best chance is wit harris, patto,cummings/siddle problem is pattinson,cummings are still new they can struggle while touring and they stil have lot to learn proper tests batsmen dont throw wickets away like we did u gottta work them out now can they do that? its a big question and english attack is also very good finn is tall really quick bowler anderson in english conditions is deadly.. i hate broad..so no comments bresnan is good,tremlett if conditions help can be gr8! its equal really the attacks bu english batting is just so much better then u guys..
My my our Indian and Australian friends have their shovels out. Just think how much humble pie you guys are going to have to eat if England best you in India and Aus. we are away of course so not supposed to win apparently, but we will see. India have never beaten Aus 3-1 at home or ever won a series in aus. So by a lot of your guys thinking youi should never have been number one. As Special K said, you guys are struggling to be number 7 at the moment and the way you are playing you are going to lose in OZ 4-0 just like in Eng, so really you should keep quiet as your crap
Yep England won 3-1 last vist here.. played well and won but one series is not the basis of a great side... As for the records, the only thing I can think woud be worse than losing 4-0 in Aus would be losing 5-0 in Aus... Has England done thet in the last 2-5 years.... hahahahahahaha If you are going to quote people in support of your arguements (and you have some really good ones imo), probably not best to quote Special K, the same guy that believes Anderon revers swings the new balll hahahahahahahahahaha.
We failed once When did India last score over 300 in a test innings away:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: These days I expect to see double figure Indian scores coming I think Bangladesh will beat you soon:hysterical::hysterical:
Was about 2-3 weeks ago in Sydney 2nd innings (scored 400)... When was the last ime England scored 300... we'll compare time periods (or wait for the inevitable excuse - the real pommy skill)... Oh and you can't count the fact that it took you both innings against the Pakis to marginally get 300.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: