Adelaide Test Pre match and Selection discussion thread

Magneto

If i remember pakistan were placed 2nd in icc test rankings from that onwards i mean between Post 2006 till 2010 they didnt win a single test series yes they only stopped playing at home since march 2009 this is just a knee jerk reaction losing two test series now all of sudden india has to learn from pakistan.

No....they should in a different scenario. But this team is mentally beaten up and our maharathis are WAAY past their prime. 0-4 beckons....Phaack de India, another innings defeat. Actually for the long term future it is better that they get a drubbing 4-0 followed by a complete annihilation in ODI. Maybe then maybe, some buddhhas will retire and BCCI babus will wake up. Oh Wait.......we have IPL coming up, WTF am I talking about? :((

seniors seems to be influencing the team too much than the coach or captain dhoni would have at least dropped ishant while sehwag is too hesitant to drops his delhi mate
truely believe this now...team is broken... cant say anything to seniors...cant change batting order, cant drop them, cant ask them to field at various positions... even bowlers...including zak...i feel spread out fields n all is also handled by bowlers themselves...they all go with weird field placements whoever the captain is... you might see only a slip extra with different captain...but overall field placings and all is same whoever captains, dhoni, viru or gauti.. they should be given complete freedom like what happened in ODIs after 2007 worldcup...

Indian fielding has always been crap, only the last few years in the ODI's the standards have improved, Indians in general don't like to field or bowl, all they want to do is bat. Aussies, English, SA, NZ have athletic players because they play other sports like AFL, Rugby etc they are brutal sports which requires the person to be crunched in heavy tackles but also requires fitness and stamina. India needs to develop others sports other than cricket, I suggest you guys have a look for AFL football in Australia on youtube to see what I mean.

Everytime he says something, it's because he likes Harby. The fact is that Ashwin has bowled poorly for large parts of this series. It's not the wickets but the way he has bowled - too straight and inconsistent with his length as well.
He still has done better than bhajji and considering its his first tour you have to be lenient as the condiitons do not suit spinners here,He got wickets at mcg had a catch dropped and got wickets here and going at 3 pretty decent .but dada says as if he has been hammered for 3 tests and not got a wicket.
He still has done better than bhajji and considering its his first tour you have to be lenient as the condiitons do not suit spinners here' date=He got wickets at mcg had a catch dropped and got wickets here and going at 3 pretty decent .but dada says as if he has been hammered for 3 tests and not got a wicket.
That's not saying much.