Adelaide Test Pre match and Selection discussion thread

Magneto

Oz sledging unfair and unwarranted-Kohli

The 23-year-old felt it was even more challenging because it came under pressure and a sledging row involving Australian pacer Ben Hilfenhaus. Kohli found himself in the midst of yet another controversy that had its genesis in the 90th over of the Indian innings bowled by Peter Siddle. Needing just one run to bring up his century, Kohli almost ran himself out on the last ball, prompting Hilfenhaus to give him a mouthful. Kohli later blamed the Australian for it. "Hilfenhaus said something to me which was totally unnecessary ...out of the blue," Kohli said. "He wasn't even bowling nor doing anything. I survived that run out (on 99) and he just said something which I can't obviously say in a press conference. I gave it back to him. Later Ishant (Sharma) and I both came together and started saying stuff to them and they got really upset with that." Kohli said he believes in playing cricket the hard way and will not take abuse from anyone. "To give it back verbally and then score a hundred is even better," he said. "We don't go out there to take any kind of stuff from anyone. We are international cricketers as well. They should know that. We need to let them know that. Be it in any way - talking or performing - it's much more satisfying." The rising star praised Ricky Ponting for his efforts to clam things down, but felt the Aussies at times go over the top with their 'verbals'. "They sledge when they get frustrated. Obviously it was hot out there, and constantly they were sledging the players so they could spoil our concentration. During that partnership they went really, really low." Kohli, who was fined by the ICC for reacting indecently to drunken fans' taunts at the SCG, said it was not fair to punish the player alone. "It is really, really frustrating at times because they say stuff which shouldn't be said on a cricket field," Kohli said. "We go out there to play, not to get abused like that. If they've come here to enjoy the game of cricket they should do that, not get drunk and abuse players." Asked whether taunts from the Adelaide crowd add to the sweetness of his achievement, Kohli said: "To give it back verbally and to score a hundred is even better. The abuse hasn't changed much but the reasons have." http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournaments/india-in-australia/top-stories/Virat-Kohli-says-Oz-sledging-unfair-and-unwarranted/articleshow/11643735.cms

Awwww poor young fella... Maybe Cap't Sehwag can wrap him in between his big man bo*bs and give him a big cuddle... Better still why doesn't he stay true to form and retort with the one finger salute, coz thats appropriate activity for a cricket field... sounds a lot like the pot calling the kettle black here... Grow up you sook kholi.... ever been a foreigner at an Indian home game... sit in the crowd and listen to the abuse (both racist, sexist and sickening) to both players and supporters.... Oh and if you are trying to pass of that Indian players don't do it - b*llsh!t, you guys are world renowned for it...

Will Sehwag indeed win us this game

India will get a target of ~500. Sehwag's 200+ with 3-4 50s will see us home.
The above prediction by Akshay seemed funny when I first read it but now I guess it is not far from impossible. I see a Sehwag special on the way today and want to keep my fingers crossed about the final outcome! :dance:

lol what happened to all those brave warriors on ICF calling him aggressive and calling dravid and others cowards for not giving it back. Virat Kohli is a a fkng crybaby. He recites maa behen poems to umpires, audience, and the oppostion but when someone gives it back he finds it unwarranted? :WTF:

"We don't go out there to take any kind of stuff from anyone. We are international cricketers as well. They should know that. We need to let them know that. Be it in any way - talking or performing - it's much more satisfying."
The man has a spine. Maybe he can help his compatriots grow one as well.
lol what happened to all those brave warriors on ICF calling him aggressive and calling dravid and others cowards for not giving it back. Virat Kohli is a a fkng crybaby. He recites maa behen poems to umpires, audience, and the oppostion but when someone gives it back he finds it unwarranted? :WTF:
He does have a go but do it on the field (like his knock in the 1st innings - thats the best answere - his arguing during the game was also good - stood up for himself) but the awwww my feelings are hurt in the media, give me a break, grow up you sook is my answer. If his spray in the media is more example of this... is it then ok for Hilfy to front up now and say he was mean to me like kholi has and there will be no comment from the Indian supporters

Hats off Sachin 281 runs - Highest run scorer of this series I have come across various threads talking rubbish about sachin. Don think because of 100th 100 sachin feeling the pressure. Just to give u a stat where sachin in still the top run getter of INDIA in this series. 1. Sachin - 281 2. Kohli - 278 3. Sehwag - 198 4. Dravid - 194 5. Gambir - 191 Ashiwin surprisingly scored more number of runs ( 148 ) than Laxman ( 120 ) and Dhoni ( 102 ). All v should understood is v r playing in Australia , Condition always favours them. V all needs to agree that they outscored us in all departments. ( Losing in away pitches is not new to INDIA ). When u see sachin , He is still the top scorer of INDIA and had wonderful test run for the past two years. He came even close to that big hundred several times which would hav completed way before. Record that sachin going to acheive needs to be felt proud by all INDIANs and i don think that will be broken easily . So hat off such a player in his age against all media , maintaing is stamina and still playing to acheive. Don think coz of ur rubbish talks and threads u can throw / retire him from Cricket. Just support him to get his big hundred. He has the passion , stamina and form to continue so he will go on to acheive more milestones . hats off sachin - though u dint score that 100 so far , u hav done a good job comparing other batsmen in INDIA.:hatsoff: