Davangere Express watch thread

J P K

:hysterical::hysterical: Ya Ishant was a half decent fast bowler in 2008-09 so he is still good but PK was good in 2008 but that doesnt count because it was so long ago. He has improved tremendously during the last 4 years and bowls at an average of 70 and 55+ in Australia and England I am sure hope Ishant will improve in the future but the double standards of the phaasht bowling fanatics on the forum are glaring.
People hear suffer from selective amnesia-They cannot even remember or try not to what there previous posts are ,Clearly you said ishant has not improved as bowler in 4 years where as he had improved to be ranked no 7 in the world as recent as 2011 .Ishant sharma when he came in just swung the ball in ,But he improved added the ball which hold its line and the slower ball and had good 2 years on flat pitches then he went down hill. unfiltered 2007-2012 45 432 31* 10.28 0 133 6/55 37.87 3 11 0 Profile filtered 2007-2010 21 163 23 10.86 0 63 5/118 32.85 But only somebody who is a fool would compare ishant sharma performances to praveen kumar 2 spells in final matches where the batsman got out because he was so slow the ball did not bounce enough.:hysterical::hysterical:.Ishant has been dropped but somehow this guy always gets picked do not mind how **** he has been in last 2 years.
People hear suffer from selective amnesia-They cannot even remember or try not to what there previous posts are ,Clearly you said ishant has not improved as bowler in 4 years where as he had improved to be ranked no 7 in the world as recent as 2011 .Ishant sharma when he came in just swung the ball in ,But he improved added the ball which hold its line and the slower ball and had good 2 years on flat pitches then he went down hill. unfiltered 2007-2012 45 432 31* 10.28 0 133 6/55 37.87 3 11 0 Profile filtered 2007-2010 21 163 23 10.86 0 63 5/118 32.85 But only somebody who is a fool would compare ishant sharma performances to praveen kumar 2 spells in final matches where the batsman got out because the ball did not bounce enough.:hysterical::hysterical:
Yes Ishant has improved wonderfully over the last 4 years only to bowl brilliantly at an average of 50+ in England and Australia :hysterical::hysterical: Wait we need to blame the coach for that, or no - it must have been Dhoni's bias. Between Ishant of 2008 where he bowled that spell in Australia and Ishant of 2011, he had his moments - handful of good performances (Australia 2010, Windies 2011) only to go back to square 1. No one denies that he has the potential to be a good bowler, and he has got unlimited chances based on that (almost 50 test matches), but he just hasnt shown consistent improvement. Oh ya Praveen kumar picked up wickets because there was no bounce in the pitch and Ishant Sharma picked them up because he is a great phaasht bowler. B->
Yes Ishant has improved wonderfully over the last 4 years only to bowl brilliantly at an average of 50+ in England and Australia :hysterical::hysterical: Wait we need to blame the coach for that, or no - it must have been Dhoni's bias. Between Ishant of 2008 where he bowled that spell in Australia and Ishant of 2011, he had his moments - handful of good performances (Australia 2010, Windies 2011) only to go back to square 1. No one denies that he has the potential to be a good bowler, and he has got unlimited chances based on that (almost 50 test matches), but he just hasnt shown consistent improvement. Oh ya Praveen kumar picked up wickets because there was no bounce in the pitch and Ishant Sharma picked them up because he is a great phaasht bowler. B->
kVXz-4bfvSI mRMlGk0bGG8 see for yourself. You brought P.k here,If you cannot even see the fact that ishant has been dropped from odis and tests few times but p.k is still regarded as great bowler in odi because he did well in 2008 i have nothing to say.

in 2008 ishant sharma did bowl well u dont need stats for that he bowled unplayable balls and got wickets.. it wasnt the case with pk back then but currently pk >ishant no question about that pk in tests if it swings can be effective ishant has shown he is now a days ineffective even in bowling paradises ishant should be dropped now.. thing iwth pk is he got early wickets in odis even in england... and he is clearly out of rhythm or fitness here... i saw tests vs england he bowled with much better control.. im sure he wont get next game not bcos he bowled badly but they would rest him he does not looks fit to me

kVXz-4bfvSI mRMlGk0bGG8 see for yourself. You brought P.k here,If you cannot even see the fact that ishant has been dropped from odis and tests few times but p.k is still regarded as great bowler in odi because he did well in 2008 i have nothing to say.
So you are saying PK only picked those wickets because of the lack of bounce in the deliveries. The fact that he bowled slower balls accurately in the death overs arent a factor in any of the wickets :hmmm: PK has missed ODIs and tests either due to injury or not being selected. He was not considered for the Windies tests at home and then got injured and missed the ODIs and the test series in Australia. I understand your opinion that PK should be dropped because of not having a stellar record, what I dont understand is why selectively apply it to him and not someone like Ishant who has been an even bigger disappointment and has poor numbers. What is the need to invent excuses for fast bowlers who bowl badly but immediately tear into the medium pacers.
So you are saying PK only picked those wickets because of the lack of bounce in the deliveries. The fact that he bowled slower balls accurately in the death overs arent a factor in any of the wickets :hmmm: PK has missed ODIs and tests either due to injury or not being selected. He was not considered for the Windies tests at home and then got injured and missed the ODIs and the test series in Australia. I understand your opinion that PK should be dropped because of not having a stellar record, what I dont understand is why selectively apply it to him and not someone like Ishant who has been an even bigger disappointment and has poor numbers. What is the need to invent excuses for fast bowlers who bowl badly but immediately tear into the medium pacers.
i know im budging in lol i think pk cant be dropped now cos if zaheer does not play we dont have genuine new bal bowler who can get wickets in england odis he consistently got early wickets.. and all wickets are wickets..i think we learnt the lesson now does not matter how they come :winky: ishant should be dropped now.. thign with him was he was very rare talent and there was no one better coming anyway so honestly giving 50 matches looks big but u gotta understand he wasnt really blocking any places now dinda is coming up hopefully ishant is shown the door..cos if he plays now it would be sad for indian cricket cos his performances have been pathetic (and u know me i like fast bowlers) i think we mainly lost this series cos of him..even england we could ve won in south africa if backed by better 3rd seamer :((
i know im budging in lol i think pk cant be dropped now cos if zaheer does not play we dont have genuine new bal bowler who can get wickets in england odis he consistently got early wickets.. and all wickets are wickets..i think we learnt the lesson now does not matter how they come :winky: ishant should be dropped now.. thign with him was he was very rare talent and there was no one better coming anyway so honestly giving 50 matches looks big but u gotta understand he wasnt really blocking any places now dinda is coming up hopefully ishant is shown the door..cos if he plays now it would be sad for indian cricket cos his performances have been pathetic (and u know me i like fast bowlers) i think we mainly lost this series cos of him..even england we could ve won in south africa if backed by better 3rd seamer :((
Wrong thread :offtopic:
:facepalm: from a Davangere Express appreciation thread this thread has become a PK vs IS therad. People, please don't go :offtopic: and derail the sanctity of this thread :mad:
Wrong thread :offtopic:
+1545454254.11 these guys are ruining this thread :mad:

For people criticizing Vinay all the time, see how he has come up from his humble background: Bangalore, March 27 : Karnataka paceman Ranganath Vinay Kumar, who has made it to the T20 World Cup team, says whenever he doubted his ability to be an international cricketer he was reassured by Rahul Dravid and Anil Kumble that his time would come. Like other cricketers, who have performed well in the domestic tournament and expecting a national call, Vinay had been waiting after his excellent debut in Ranji Trophy in 2004 when he took five wickets, including that of Sourav Ganguly. Feeling disappointed when the call for the national team did not come, Vinay says he would ask Kumble and Dravid whether he was not up to the mark. "They kept encouraging me saying your time will come, continue the good work," Vinay told media persons. The 26-year-old started playing cricket when he was eight while his father Ranganath drove a three-wheeler for livelihood in Davangere, which was once famous for its cotton mills and was known as Manchester of Karnataka. Eighteen years later with encouragement from parents, two younger siblings, a sister and brother, coaches and of course Kumble and Dravid, Vinay finally found a place in the Indian team, though for the shortest version of the game. "My parents sacrificed a lot for me," Vinay has been saying since Friday afternoon after the selectors announced in Mumbai the final 15-member squad for the Twenty20 World Cup in the West Indies next month. Ranganath no longer drives the auto for living. He now works in a private firm in Bangalore. Mother is a home maker, sister is an anchor in Bangalore centre of Doordarshan and brother is a commerce student. The proud father wonders how he and his wife managed the family of five with his earnings without sacrificing Vinay's cricketing career as well as education of the three children. Vinay's performance in domestic cricket and as part of Royal Challengers team in the IPL T20 series has earned him the nickname of 'Davangere Express'. And it was distribution of sweets and bursting of firecrackers Friday in Davangere that marked Vinay's selection. From Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa and Karnataka State Cricket Association president and son of former maharaja of Mysore, Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wadiyar to Royal Challengers and state team mates like Kumble, Dravid, and former India players Venkatesh Prasad and Sunil Joshi hailed Vinay's selection to the national team. http://www.vcricket.com/cricket-news/vinay-says-kumble-dravid-gave-him-confidence-15131.html

Anyway, news is that VK will bowl the first over in the next match. Irfan replaces Zak, and VK is surely 10 km/ph faster than both Irfan and PK. These trundlers I tell you :mad: Vinay Kumar triumphs http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-sports/article2863174.ece
all these trundlers must be thrown out They don`t deserve to bowl along with vinay phaast kumer it is embarrassing to see them bowling along side legend like VK even ashwin and jadeja should not be allowed to play until they bowl at 130 at least