Why exactly is Tendulkar in the odi team???

Why exactly is Tendulkar in the odi team???  

1. 1.

• To "guide" youngsters like Jadeja in the team
    • To get his 100th 100 as he knows he's gonna struggle in Tests
    • He wanted to have a longer vacation in Aus so he came "back" for Aussie tri series
    • Can't say. It's a head scratcher and I have no clue

The reason Tendulkar is in ODI team very simple question, he was selected by selectors to play in ODI. If you have problem with selectors go and ask them why blaming this man. Why they selected him they also must be having the answer this is because the previous three matches which he played this year, he made 50 in two out of which one was against Pakistan in Mohali. So they give the player chance. His captain said that you can't play every match there should be rotation policy, he despite being the greatest ODI player didnt created any fuss and playing with whatever opportunity his Selectors, Captain and Management is giving. Do you have problem? I know wats your problem is, why is this man not saying anything, why is he not coming to media and rediculing Dhoni? Why like previous 23 years he is not creating any scene so that we have a masala to talk about? You know wat he is in the nets practising for his love and that love is playing for the tricolor flag. You know wat the easiest thing for him at this point like Ponting is to say good bye he will still be consider the greatest ever in ODI. But he is not quitter, he is not a rat who will leave the sinking boat when that very boat needs him the most. He didnt quit in 2003, he didnt quit in 2007 and he will come again mark my words.

The reason Tendulkar is in ODI team very simple question, he was selected by selectors to play in ODI. If you have problem with selectors go and ask them why blaming this man. Why they selected him they also must be having the answer this is because the previous three matches which he played this year, he made 50 in two out of which one was against Pakistan in Mohali. So they give the player chance. His captain said that you can't play every match there should be rotation policy, he despite being the greatest ODI player didnt created any fuss and playing with whatever opportunity his Selectors, Captain and Management is giving. Do you have problem? I know wats your problem is, why is this man not saying anything, why is he not coming to media and rediculing Dhoni? Why like previous 23 years he is not creating any scene so that we have a masala to talk about? You know wat he is in the nets practising for his love and that love is playing for the tricolor flag. You know wat the easiest thing for him at this point like Ponting is to say good bye he will still be consider the greatest ever in ODI. But he is not quitter, he is not a rat who will leave the sinking boat when that very boat needs him the most. He didnt quit in 2003, he didnt quit in 2007 and he will come again mark my words.
Your outrage has ascended to the poetic.
Pls feel free to provide indepth insight into that wonderful spreadsheet on SRT. I am all eyes yearning to know the context around the spreadsheet and maybe add in a flowchart as well for more detailed analysis :giggle:
bahut garmi chhad rahi hai chokrey.. let me first admire your comprehension skills, that you need further explanation on some passing comment - which was clearly specified to be a bird's eye view representation of few points that someone else made. ab tujhe apni aur marwani hai, then continue...merey paas bahut time hai.
Arrey bhaiya agar slectors hamari baatein sun lete to is forum pe kaun hota? But that doesn't mean we can't discuss or debate about something we feel is wrong or something which can benefit the team. I, and Ganguly in the article, are not talking about rotation policy but SRT's decision to not make himself available for 3-4 odi series at a stretch and then suddenly decide to play one. He preferred IPL over WI tour, didn't play odi series at home but then decides to play the CB Series in Aus. How exactly can he decide to walk in and out of the team as and when he feels like it? It's unfortunate our selectors don't have the balls to do anything coz I don't think he could have done the same in Aus or SA. Ponting didn't pick and choose his series, he made himself available everytime. If he had decided to play one series every 9-10 months he wouldn't have been picked. As regards to quitting, there comes a time when you have to call it a day. It has nothing to do with quitting but making a call that your time is up. Do you think Gavaskar or Gilchrist were quitters? He may well score runs back in India as India doesn't tour for the next 2 years. But what will it prove other than SRT filling his boots with cheap runs? It's better to call it a day and let youngsters have their shot. SRT's already 39 and say he plays the next 2 years at home and scores runs, how will it help Indian cricket as when we tour away we will be stuck with an unsettled team again and I don't want to see the humliation of 0-8 or this tri-series ever again. Let players who can be on those away tours or play in the 2015 WC get into the team so that they can play at home for the next 2 years and figure out the best combination possible before the next tough away assignment. Tendulkar used to be my favorite player and in 90s I used to switch off TV when he used to get out as his dismissal meant we would most probably lose the match. But I love Indian cricket much more and would prefer to see a healthy and vibrant Team India than Sachin play some more. In fact my favorite player out of the current lot is Dhoni but if Dhoni starts costing us games or in case a better player comes along who adds more value to the team I would want Dhoni to be dropped ASAP. In fact I want Dhoni to give up Tests at the earliest as his Test performances are nothing flash and he adds much more value in the shorter format. Even though I have liked players such as SRT, Ganguly, Sehwag, Gambhir, Yuvi, Dhoni etc., my loyalty lies more with Team India and tomorrow if we have better chance of winning without any of these players in the team, I would love to see all of them out of the team.
bahut garmi chhad rahi hai chokrey.. let me first admire your comprehension skills, that you need further explanation on some passing comment - which was clearly specified to be a bird's eye view representation of few points that someone else made. ab tujhe apni aur marwani hai, then continue...merey paas bahut time hai.
That I know for sure... your speadsheet is testament to that :haha:
Arrey bhaiya agar slectors hamari baatein sun lete to is forum pe kaun hota? But that doesn't mean we can't discuss or debate about something we feel is wrong or something which can benefit the team.
Selectors found Ganguly and Dravid not performing they showed them the way, again they also need a reason to show the door to Sachin right? How can they would have dropped him if he performed so well in the last tournament he played. If god forbid he continues to be failure in this series they will certainly kick him out. India has presently more critic than fan of Sachin so they will surely or else people like you, Lurker, Rett, Outty they will create a ho halla in forums and Arnab Goswami and all AAJ Tak guys will kill them so they will surely do something dont worry.
I, and Ganguly in the article, are not talking about rotation policy but SRT's decision to not make himself available for 3-4 odi series at a stretch and then suddenly decide to play one. He preferred IPL over WI tour, didn't play odi series at home but then decides to play the CB Series in Aus. How exactly can he decide to walk in and out of the team as and when he feels like it? It's unfortunate our selectors don't have the balls to do anything coz I don't think he could have done the same in Aus or SA. Ponting didn't pick and choose his series, he made himself available everytime. If he had decided to play one series every 9-10 months he wouldn't have been picked.
You forgot one thing, he also preffered playing in World Cup over WI tour. Even Dhoni did that. If he hadnt opted out of WI tour how come Rohit would have got the chance to play. As for IPL is concerned, we all know IPL has now become a brand of India and it is now a prestige issue of BCCI and whole country. Here this article might be the reason for Sachin to play. http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/story/515769.html As for you and Ganguly are concerned, anybody can say anything, but beleive me I havent seen Sachin in his 22 years saying anytime about his team mate. Infact he has only gorn to the extend of congratulating them or saving Harbhajan in Aus. Its your wish democratic country it is, can say anything I dont think Tendulkar would like to take any body of yours advice or else he would have said bye bye to cricket long before.
As regards to quitting, there comes a time when you have to call it a day. It has nothing to do with quitting but making a call that your time is up. Do you think Gavaskar or Gilchrist were quitters? He may well score runs back in India as India doesn't tour for the next 2 years. But what will it prove other than SRT filling his boots with cheap runs? It's better to call it a day and let youngsters have their shot.
Yes, that is what exactly I want to say, Gavaskar felt he should call it a day he did, same with Gilchrist so let us give this man a chance he will also quit whenever he feels like. Now again if you consider playing in India and getting run is cheap run then I cant help you and playing in CB series is costly run right :hysterical:? Anyways lets not get there unless and until Sachin plays in those matches.
SRT's already 39 and say he plays the next 2 years at home and scores runs, how will it help Indian cricket as when we tour away we will be stuck with an unsettled team again and I don't want to see the humliation of 0-8 or this tri-series ever again. Let players who can be on those away tours or play in the 2015 WC get into the team so that they can play at home for the next 2 years and figure out the best combination possible before the next tough away assignment.
Well again it will help Indian Cricket if he scores run and India wins we will get back the confidence anyways these are just hypothetical scenarios and you created this thread for Aus series not for cheap series in cheap country where any cheap player makes hundred. right?
Tendulkar used to be my favorite player and in 90s I used to switch off TV when he used to get out as his dismissal meant we would most probably lose the match. But I love Indian cricket much more and would prefer to see a healthy and vibrant Team India than Sachin play some more. In fact my favorite player out of the current lot is Dhoni but if Dhoni starts costing us games or in case a better player comes along who adds more value to the team I would want Dhoni to be dropped ASAP. In fact I want Dhoni to give up Tests at the earliest as his Test performances are nothing flash and he adds much more value in the shorter format. Even though I have liked players such as SRT, Ganguly, Sehwag, Gambhir, Yuvi, Dhoni etc., my loyalty lies more with Team India and tomorrow if we have better chance of winning without any of these players in the team, I would love to see all of them out of the team
Contrary to that Tendulkar was never my most fav player in 90's also I liked the batting of Mark Waugh, Saeed Anwar, Azharudin and Darell Culinan much more than his. I still consider him second best in everything either test or ODI but this will not stop me to defend him. You said that you will not hesitate in asking for removal of Dhoni if he do not perform. Fair enough I have said this before also if Sachin is not performing in ODI's then kick him out also. But why preparing assumptions on basis of 4 ODI's itna to haq banta hai na that we or selectors see him for atleast couple of series. Arey itne badhiya series khele hain is bande ne ek do main nahi chala to goli maar doge kya usay.
Contrary to that Tendulkar was never my most fav player in 90's also I liked the batting of Mark Waugh, Saeed Anwar, Azharudin and Darell Culinan much more than his. I still consider him second best in everything either test or ODI but this will not stop me to defend him. You said that you will not hesitate in asking for removal of Dhoni if he do not perform. Fair enough I have said this before also if Sachin is not performing in ODI's then kick him out also. But why preparing assumptions on basis of 4 ODI's itna to haq banta hai na that we or selectors see him for atleast couple of series. Arey itne badhiya series khele hain is bande ne ek do main nahi chala to goli maar doge kya usay.
It's not about 4 odis. This is about him picking and choosing which series he will play, it's about his struggles in Eng and Aus while the team went 0-8. If we have to lose I would rather we lose with a young team. At least there would be a promise of something better to come but that can't happen with a 39 year old. As for "itna haq banta hai that we/selectors see him for at least a couple of series", we have seen enough in Tests while going 0-8. In odis it's SRT's fault he sat out the last 3 series and this should be his last odi series.

The people who criticise him for picking and choosing the series he plays would be the first ones to object if he plays at home as he is blocking the place of a youngster. Chit bhi meri, pat bhi meri. Even in this side, he isnt playing in any youngster's place, but rather rotating his place with the two other seniors in the team. Unless both Sehwag and GG are playing miles better than SRT or a youngster is performing well enough to replace one of them, the whole argument of taking a youngster's place is null and void. SRT has not performed well in England and Australia and deserves the proportionate blame (and maybe a little more as he is a senior along with RD and VVS), but there are other pressing issues in the team as well which dont get discussed as everyone is focused on retirement and rift between team members. People showing Ponting's example forget that he was carried by the Australian team for the last two years without one whimper of being dropped or forced to retire until last week. SRT for all the expectations, has only done poorly in one ODI series after the world cup where he was our highest scored. Had he emulated Ponting's performance, he would have been asked to retire much much earlier.

It's not about 4 odis. This is about him picking and choosing which series he will play, it's about his struggles in Eng and Aus while the team went 0-8. If we have to lose I would rather we lose with a young team. At least there would be a promise of something better to come but that can't happen with a 39 year old. As for "itna haq banta hai that we/selectors see him for at least a couple of series", we have seen enough in Tests while going 0-8. In odis it's SRT's fault he sat out the last 3 series and this should be his last odi series.
Do not worry, this will be his last series and we all will live happily ever after. Atleast my life would be much better, difference will be my Mom who doesnt know anything about cricket will never ask me "Sachin khel raha hai kya"? I will have to let my child know look beta I was wrong do not make this man your idol instead in your life be like Virat, Dhoni, Raina not like this man who after playing 23 years picks and chooses matches. And lastly I will not have sleepless night I will not wake up at night 2.30 to see whether this guy who was just six months before a Bharat Ratna how much run has he scored. 23 years of career and it got ruined in 6 months. Thats life.
The people who criticise him for picking and choosing the series he plays would be the first ones to object if he plays at home as he is blocking the place of a youngster. Chit bhi meri, pat bhi meri. Even in this side, he isnt playing in any youngster's place, but rather rotating his place with the two other seniors in the team. Unless both Sehwag and GG are playing miles better than SRT or a youngster is performing well enough to replace one of them, the whole argument of taking a youngster's place is null and void.
Yes. because when SRT was being groomed in early 1990s he was setting the world alight with his exploits. Jesus Christ, you chaps have to go this way or that way just to defend Sachin. If earlier he was hogging a youngster spot, now he is hurting an oldie lol. This chap seems to be hurting everyone, except the bhakt-jan satsang. Quick question: - Out of the two following players who would you pick? 76 games 2109runs@ 32 0 century 77 games 1889runs@33.1 2 century Should be a pretty straight forward question.
Do not worry' date=' this will be his last series and we all will live happily ever after. Atleast my life would be much better, difference will be my Mom who doesnt know anything about cricket will never ask me "Sachin khel raha hai kya"? I will have to let my child know look beta I was wrong do not make this man your idol instead in your life be like Virat, Dhoni, Raina not like this man who after playing 23 years picks and chooses matches. And lastly I will not have sleepless night I will not wake up at night 2.30 to see whether this guy who was just six months before a Bharat Ratna how much run has he scored. 23 years of career and it got ruined in 6 months. [b']Thats life.
Happy for you. Looks like you do need a life. Seriously. No offence Full marks to your Mom by the way. :two_thumbs_up:
Arrey bhaiya agar slectors hamari baatein sun lete to is forum pe kaun hota? But that doesn't mean we can't discuss or debate about something we feel is wrong or something which can benefit the team. I, and Ganguly in the article, are not talking about rotation policy but SRT's decision to not make himself available for 3-4 odi series at a stretch and then suddenly decide to play one. He preferred IPL over WI tour, didn't play odi series at home but then decides to play the CB Series in Aus. How exactly can he decide to walk in and out of the team as and when he feels like it?
Let him enjoy the world cup win... he will be fit and raring to go come the England series
http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=267697 Apna World Cup win itna enjoy kiya ki you had no issues then with Sachin playing in IPL or skipping WI tour..classic example of a fair weather fan :headshake:
Yes. because when SRT was being groomed in early 1990s he was setting the world alight with his exploits. Jesus Christ, you chaps have to go this way or that way just to defend Sachin. If earlier he was hogging a youngster spot, now he is hurting an oldie lol. This chap seems to be hurting everyone, except the bhakt-jan satsang. Quick question: - Out of the two following players who would you pick? 76 games 2109runs@ 32 0 century 77 games 1889runs@33.1 2 century Should be a pretty straight forward question.
Did you even read my post? :facepalm: SRT is playing in place of Gambhir and Sehwag, not any youngster. Are they both playing well enough to conclusively replace him from the team. If SRT was not in the team, will a youngster replace one of VS and gambhir? The match against Lanka, we went with three seniors because we had players like Pappu and not Dhoni playing for us. Rohit has been a constant in every other match India has played
The reason Tendulkar is in ODI team very simple question' date=' he was selected by selectors to play in ODI. [b']If you have problem with selectors go and ask them why blaming this man. Why they selected him they also must be having the answer this is because the previous three matches which he played this year, he made 50 in two out of which one was against Pakistan in Mohali. So they give the player chance.
Khalpat babua, tanik itna bhi kar do ke Selector logon ke ghar ka address, email, phone number ye sab bhi de do yaar. Hum abhi antardeshi aur jawaabi daal dete hain. Jaroor poochenge, bolenge ke tum bataye ho, tumhara to daily ka utna-baithna lagta hai uske saath. Chath mein soup bhi chadaye the kya saath? :haha:
Both of them won't work if they are Marathis :giggle:
Did you even read my post? :facepalm:
Did you get my question? It was rather straight forward. Lets not wiggle out of rough corners as you always do.
SRT is playing in place of Gambhir and Sehwag, not any youngster. Are they both playing well enough to conclusively replace him from the team. If SRT was not in the team, will a youngster replace one of VS and gambhir?
lol. Everybody seems to be questioning why SRT is playing LOI and you have the perfect answer. Because the budhaos HAVE to exist it becomes a choice of attrition lol. Two out of 3 should play, nd SRT is competing with Sehwag and Gambhir...no matter the fact that both SRT and Sehwag have been having a pitiable series.
Khalpat babua' date= tanik itna bhi kar do ke Selector logon ke ghar ka address, email, phone number ye sab bhi de do yaar. Hum abhi antardeshi aur jawaabi daal dete hain. Jaroor poochenge, bolenge ke tum bataye ho, tumhara to daily ka utna-baithna lagta hai uske saath. Chath mein soup bhi chadaye the kya saath? :haha:
:hysterical: :hysterical: ha ha nice one Lurker. Chath main soup to nahi chadhaye hain parrr Chathi ka doodh jaroor yaad dila doonga hum agar koi Sachinwa ke baare main aisa waisa kaha to bata det hain. bujhla ki nahi favurite pllayer hai humara kah de rahe hain.
Did you get my question? It was rather straight forward. Lets not wiggle out of rough corners as you always do.
Your question isnt applicable here as explained in my previous post. The argument might play very well in your head like the "Google ripping off websites" did, but it doesnt make any sense.
lol. Everybody seems to be questioning why SRT is playing LOI and you have the perfect answer. Because the budhaos HAVE to exist it becomes a choice of attrition lol. Two out of 3 should play, nd SRT is competing with Sehwag and Gambhir...no matter the fact that both SRT and Sehwag have been having a pitiable series.
ok lets assume that 2 out of the 3 dont playing condition isnt applicable here. Who should open instead of SRT and Viru? Parthiv Patel? An opener who averages in his low 20s and needs more exposure for the 2015 world cup? Even if Rahane was playing here, there is no way he would have been picked ahead of Sehwag in the side apart from dead rubbers. SRT and GG are the only ones who would be chosen over Viru in the final XI despite his poor form.
The people who criticise him for picking and choosing the series he plays would be the first ones to object if he plays at home as he is blocking the place of a youngster. Chit bhi meri, pat bhi meri. Even in this side, he isnt playing in any youngster's place, but rather rotating his place with the two other seniors in the team. Unless both Sehwag and GG are playing miles better than SRT or a youngster is performing well enough to replace one of them, the whole argument of taking a youngster's place is null and void. SRT has not performed well in England and Australia and deserves the proportionate blame (and maybe a little more as he is a senior along with RD and VVS), but there are other pressing issues in the team as well which dont get discussed as everyone is focused on retirement and rift between team members. People showing Ponting's example forget that he was carried by the Australian team for the last two years without one whimper of being dropped or forced to retire until last week. SRT for all the expectations, has only done poorly in one ODI series after the world cup where he was our highest scored. Had he emulated Ponting's performance, he would have been asked to retire much much earlier.
Which cave do you live in? Even someone like me who has hardly watched any live cricket over the past few months knows that there is a certain batsman who made the Australian tour and carried drinks for a month and a half before being sent back home without getting a single international match. All this while our batting line up has been imploding with the regularity of Old Faithful. This batsman has done a decent enough job in the limited chances he has got as an opener. Should I name him? And how many articles do you want from the Australian media asking for Ponting to be dropped or retire? You are a regular on Cricketweb which has a decent amount of Australian posters - are you telling me that a significant number of them were not asking for Ponting to make way?