Vijay Hazare Trophy, 2011/12

Sir john

Suyal and Awana again bowling superbly. Awana: 6 overs 4 maidens 7 runs 1 wicket Suyal: 6 overs 2 maidens 15 runs 2 wickets http://www.bcci.tv/bcci/bccitv/community/domesticresult/livescorecard/609
Conditions RKT. Imagine a 9 AM start in Delhi with winter not yet over. No wonder batting first in these conditions has been a bane for all the teams. It's there that Dinda's 5-er y'day needs to be praised. Bowling in the 2nd half with the pitch having not much for the bowlers and yet to take a 5-er was a great effort.
Conditions RKT. Imagine a 9 AM start in Delhi with winter not yet over. No wonder batting first in these conditions has been a bane for all the teams. It's there that Dinda's 5-er y'day needs to be praised. Bowling in the 2nd half with the pitch having not much for the bowlers and yet to take a 5-er was a great effort.
But I live far north than Delhi and there is no winter here. It is not cold anymore. It is more like summer here nowadays.
But I live far north than Delhi and there is no winter here. It is not cold anymore. It is more like summer here nowadays.
Its the same in Delhi as well. But early mornings are cooler, and ideal for swing seam bowling. All the damage is being done in the first hour-hours and a half. In fact yesterday, one of the matches was delayed by an hour due to fog in the morning. But in general, both Awana and Suyal have bowled very well. I am sure Awana is very close to a national call up.
Its the same in Delhi as well. But early mornings are cooler, and ideal for swing seam bowling. All the damage is being done in the first hour-hours and a half. In fact yesterday, one of the matches was delayed by an hour due to fog in the morning. But in general, both Awana and Suyal have bowled very well. I am sure Awana is very close to a national call up.
Did you watch both of them bowl this season at the ground? Good thing about where I am is that we rarely get any fogs here.
I have seen Awana bowl in Ranji trophy ' date=' wasn't that impressed, he bowled around 125 k's, is on the smaller side, did not make me stand up and take notice,Suyal I am told is most talented guy to watch out for from Delhi.How fast are these guys?[/quote'] Yep,even I said the same thing earlier too. Saw him in Ranji matches. Awana is only 5'10 and bowls around 130. He is typical desi domestic bowler, short and medium pace. Don't know why he is so popular on ICF? Never seen Suyal bowl. There's no video of him as well. Once saw him on ESPN channel in a documentary, he looks even shorter than Awana. A bit fatty too. Have no idea, how he can bowl fast.... But, still I'd love to see how fast he can go
Yep,even I said the same thing earlier too. Saw him in Ranji matches. Awana is only 5'10 and bowls around 130. He is typical desi domestic bowler, short and medium pace. Don't know why he is so popular on ICF? Never seen Suyal bowl. There's no video of him as well. Once saw him on ESPN channel in a documentary, he looks even shorter than Awana. A bit fatty too. Have no idea, how he can bowl fast.... But, still I'd love to see how fast he can go
One bowler whi is shockingly mediocre and people talk about him in terms of India is Dhawal Kulkarni , he bowls in 120's, short has nothing to offer, infact the Mumbai bowling and selections have been very very poor and biased.Alot of careers have been wasted with deserving players trying to get in the team , even Zaheer Khan couldn't get a chance here and had to move to Baroda lol.
One bowler whi is shockingly mediocre and people talk about him in terms of India is Dhawal Kulkarni ' date=' he bowls in 120's, short has nothing to offer, infact the Mumbai bowling and selections have been very very poor and biased.Alot of careers have been wasted with deserving players trying to get in the team , even Zaheer Khan couldn't get a chance here and had to move to Baroda lol.[/quote'] I completely agree with you on this, honestly. I feel Mumbai has the capability to produce some really good tall fast bowlers, as its modern and multi-cultural city and should be having a healthy life-style. And there shouldn't be any corruption or favoritism in terms of selection. But, we see exactly opposite, all mediocre bowlers, Waingerkar, Sandhu, Kulkarni. Mumbai has hardly produced any top-quality bowlers(Zaheer Khan is not originally from Mumbai). Same is the case with Dhawal Kulkarni, earlier he used to bowl 125, now he used to bowl around 130 and he reckons that he has increased his speed. Earlier he was below-average, now he is average. He is neither tall, 5'9 type. IMO, not international quality. Although, i respect Rkt.india's knowledge of domestic bowlers but he is a big fan of Dhawal Kulkarni, i can't understand why. Really, I don't see anything special in him.
I completely agree with you on this, honestly. I feel Mumbai has the capability to produce some really good tall fast bowlers, as its modern and multi-cultural city and should be having a healthy life-style. And there shouldn't be any corruption or favoritism in terms of selection. But, we see exactly opposite, all mediocre bowlers, Waingerkar, Sandhu, Kulkarni. Mumbai has hardly produced any top-quality bowlers(Zaheer Khan is not originally from Mumbai). Same is the case with Dhawal Kulkarni, earlier he used to bowl 125, now he used to bowl around 130 and he reckons that he has increased his speed. Earlier he was below-average, now he is average. He is neither tall, 5'9 type. IMO, not international quality. Although, i respect Rkt.india's knowledge of domestic bowlers but he is a big fan of Dhawal Kulkarni, i can't understand why. Really, I don't see anything special in him.
Mumbai has g8 talent always selections were an issue, Zaheer is from Maharashtra was not selected by Mumbai, for a year or two and then shifted base to Baroda, Baroda, Rajasthan, Hyderabad, smaller states are making the right moves, Delhi, Mumbai bigger states are very biased in selections, there is a quota system.D Kulkarni to me is not even county class, if u see the DYPATIL T20 AND OTHER LOCAL MUMBAI tourneys u know there is talent but selections are very very poor , always have been for mumbai , Gujarat selections are a joke too.
Mumbai has g8 talent always selections were an issue' date=' Zaheer is from Maharashtra was not selected by Mumbai, for a year or two and then shifted base to Baroda, Baroda, Rajasthan, Hyderabad, smaller states are making the right moves, Delhi, Mumbai bigger states are very biased in selections, there is a quota system.D Kulkarni to me is not even county class, if u see the DYPATIL T20 AND OTHER LOCAL MUMBAI tourneys u know there is talent but selections are very very poor , always have been for mumbai , Gujarat selections are a joke too.[/quote'] Atleast, there is ray of hope coming through now-a-days with some exceptional talent coming up, like Umesh Yadav, Varun Aaron, Shami Ahmed, Abu Nechim are best of the best and in a couple of years time, they will be world-beaters. So, overall picture is not dull. Some bigger cities have selection rigged or hard to understand, but still I am happy overall, there is passion to get stronger and bowl fast these days. Youngsters now started to understand the importance of pace which is good.