I am buying a ......

maniac

really???? I had heard/read pretty good reviews of the screen in general. But I guess even it does happen, I'll live with it - now I have my mind set on the Nexus 4 :dance:
in sunlight it will be still better than any amoled screen most good screens under sunlight even iphone 5 sucks tbh.. and iphone 5 is brightest phone i have seen

Two possibilities, The port might have been dislodged from the mb, might to have to get it soldered (risky) but does work If your S2 says its charging even though you have disconnected the charger, it could be because of moisture, opening it up, cleaning and reassembling would do it. Note: Never ever use any other chargers other than the one that you got with the phone (original) this is the major cause of all charging issues. My S2, its been 2 years, still going good! :)
It does all that and more. Sometimes, it shows up as voltage high too. I thought moisture could be it but I just do not have the right tools to open it up. I will try the Samsung service center and see how much I will have to shell out.

in sunlight it will be still better than any amoled screen most good screens under sunlight even iphone 5 sucks tbh.. and iphone 5 is brightest phone i have seen
What? AMoled is the best under sunlight. Brightness is not what makes a screen better under sunlight but contrast iunder sunlight and most AMOLED's have best contrast under sun light if I am not wrong. Nokia and Samsung are two of the best who make display with great sunlight visibility as they mostly use AMOLEDs in their phones. Nokia also use clearblack technology for that. It also depends on the glass used on the display. Nexus 4 has a high reflective glass. Have read here. http://www.gsmarena.com/google_nexus_4-review-860p3.php

It does all that and more. Sometimes' date=' it shows up as voltage high too. I thought moisture could be it but I just do not have the right tools to open it up. I will try the Samsung service center and see how much I will have to shell out.[/quote'] It should not take more than 500-600 rupees.

What? AMoled is the best under sunlight. Brightness is not what makes a screen better under sunlight but contrast iunder sunlight and most AMOLED's have best contrast under sun light if I am not wrong. Nokia and Samsung are two of the best who make display with great sunlight visibility as they mostly use AMOLEDs in their phones. Nokia also use clearblack technology for that. It also depends on the glass used on the display. Nexus 4 has a high reflective glass. Have read here. http://www.gsmarena.com/google_nexus_4-review-860p3.php
I have used s3 and my friends s3 they don't come close to iPhone 5 in sunlight Not even close and contrast wise most LCD are just as good Don't confuse over contrast with more vivible under sun light

I have used s3 and my friends s3 they don't come close to iPhone 5 in sunlight Not even close and contrast wise most LCD are just as good Don't confuse over contrast with more vivible under sun light
I am talking about contrast ratio under sunlight and I phone 5 is only behind Pureview 808 in that department 808 is the best in terms of sunlight contrast. So it does do well. Nexus 4 is also an LCD. It does not matter whether it is an LCD or not. It depends on what kind of glass is there on display like Nexus 4 has a glass which reflects sunlight. AMOLED's are naturally good in terms of sunlight contrast. Check the link I had posted and most of the top sunlight contrast ratio devices have AMOLED displays because they have great black levels and high contrast. Here is it again. http://www.gsmarena.com/google_nexus_4-review-860p3.php

I am talking about contrast ratio under sunlight and I phone 5 is only behind Pureview 808 in that department 808 is the best in terms of sunlight contrast. So it does do well. Nexus 4 is also an LCD. It does not matter whether it is an LCD or not. It depends on what kind of glass is there on display like Nexus 4 has a glass which reflects sunlight. AMOLED's are naturally good in terms of sunlight contrast. Check the link I had posted and most of the top sunlight contrast ratio devices have AMOLED displays because they have great black levels and high contrast. Here is it again. http://www.gsmarena.com/google_nexus_4-review-860p3.php
i get that but i can give u 100 comparisons under sunlight amoled is just too dim to read legibly under sunlight compared to slcds of today better contrast is well and good but i have used both and under sunlight uh vae to take my word here s3 sucked..s4 improved but still sucked and still best one is iphone 5 and even that is not great experience under sun light

i get that but i can give u 100 comparisons under sunlight amoled is just too dim to read legibly under sunlight compared to slcds of today better contrast is well and good but i have used both and under sunlight uh vae to take my word here s3 sucked..s4 improved but still sucked and still best one is iphone 5 and even that is not great experience under sun light
You will not find any real issue under sunlight on most Nokia phones due to CBD technology.

yeah 925 and 1020 and 820 too' date=' but how did you use it? It is not even yet launched in India.[/quote'] i did not i was mistaken i have used 720 i thought it was same.. my mistake but even from reviews i know its still not as good as good lcd screens i will send u link of videos comparing if u want..

kind of proves nothing is really usable under sunlight :giggle:
I think you yet did not understand. Yes, no one type really stands out under sunlight but that was not an issue. Issue was screen reflectivity. Display should be non-reflective under sunlight. It should not reflect the sunlight like a mirror and that is where CBD layer really works on any display whether it is LCD or AMOLED.

i did not i was mistaken i have used 720 i thought it was same.. my mistake but even from reviews i know its still not as good as good lcd screens i will send u link of videos comparing if u want..
720 is a WVGA display. You cannot compare it to high end HD displays. It is good for its category. and yeah AMOLED has worse visibility than LCD under sunlight.