Dravid's captaincy.

gator

Pathan: Kicked out from the middle of the series Sehwag : finally dropped after getting captain's backing one too many times Munaf: Not selected to play a test, to suggest that the team wants him fit Kaif: dropped after getting too many opportunities to salvage his career Ganguly: dropped from the team after 2005 fiasco where his personal performance was not hot. Yuvraj: Unable to make himself an automatic choice in test because his performance wasn't too hot in the 3 test series where he played every match bar the 1st test vs England at Nagpur. Zaheer: had to work hard on fitness and rhythm for more than year before he could force his way back into the team. Raina: dropped from the ODI team to work on his weakness. So the evidence doesn't tell me that he is a soft person. He has taken few hard decisions. But only because of the media hype they were projected as Chappell's decisions rather than his.
the only place, where dravid has put his foot down was including sehwag for odis, which as usual was stoopid... he should have instead saved tht foot and used it to include him for the tests....
I'll be honest, you're being quite the drama queen here, Gator. You don't win test matches in tabloids. Claiming that they didn't get out of jail (which they did, by the by), wouldn't have made an iota of difference to media perceptions of the test match, and it wont make a difference to the outcome of this series. It's almost as if you expect Dravid to pacify your own insecurities through public bluff and bluster. What he says to the media means squat. I'm not sure what English media you're reading, too. If it's tabloids, then the fact that the drivel of John Etheridge, Peter Hayter and their ilk hold such a profound sense of importance to you doesn't hold you in good stead. It's the equivalent of a Jew reading 'Mein Kampf' hoping to hear good things about his race, then being upset at the whole "master race" concept. British tabloids are good for two things...wiping your ass if you run out of toilet paper, and, umm...well, that's pretty much it. I'm struggling to comprehend your line of thought here, dude.
u r indeed struggling for comprehension... the goal is not to earn good points from the tabloids or media, which is wat dravid is meekly trying to do.... the goal is to get on the opposition's face...not be the nice guy who sings sad songs staring at mountains... . get ur guys pumped up and btw, allow me to let u in on a secret.. one way to build urself up is by putting the other guy down... not a "gracious" way, but hey, it works.... he is best left alone being the batting spearhead and earning some good points by taibu, younis khan, and everyone else... in essence, thts his personality... he wants to be liked by everyone....
See. I understand that he has committed a number of tactical errors and I don't rate him as a good tactician. I underlined my points a few posts back. It is this "inspire" bit which I'm unable to understand, Hence was asking you, if you could help me in getting it.
ok... answers to 2 questions from u, would help me gauge ur line of thot... and i will be able to explain it better.... 1. do u think, Ranatunga and Imran were terrific captains? 2. Do you think, they were tactically brilliant or jus average??
I'll be honest, you're being quite the drama queen here, Gator. You don't win test matches in tabloids. Claiming that they didn't get out of jail (which they did, by the by), wouldn't have made an iota of difference to media perceptions of the test match, and it wont make a difference to the outcome of this series. It's almost as if you expect Dravid to pacify your own insecurities through public bluff and bluster. What he says to the media means squat. I'm not sure what English media you're reading, too. If it's tabloids, then the fact that the drivel of John Etheridge, Peter Hayter and their ilk hold such a profound sense of importance to you doesn't hold you in good stead. It's the equivalent of a Jew reading 'Mein Kampf' hoping to hear good things about his race, then being upset at the whole "master race" concept. British tabloids are good for two things...wiping your ass if you run out of toilet paper, and, umm...well, that's pretty much it. I'm struggling to comprehend your line of thought here, dude.
I love Gats to bits, but he deserved that from Ranj.:D Ranj, where have you been all this time, man? That's the sort of stuff that's been missing from here all these months. Bloody marvellous!
why 200? why not 150 or even 100 for that matter.
u r free to set ur figure... i am being realistic and i feel, they should have been bundled out for less than 200 on both occassions... if only he had set a square-leg and leaked 1s instead of 4s in the first session... he can atleast claim, his tactical part compensated a lil for his lackk of motivational skills.....
Quote: Originally Posted by ranj viewpost.gif I'll be honest, you're being quite the drama queen here, Gator. You don't win test matches in tabloids. Claiming that they didn't get out of jail (which they did, by the by), wouldn't have made an iota of difference to media perceptions of the test match, and it wont make a difference to the outcome of this series. It's almost as if you expect Dravid to pacify your own insecurities through public bluff and bluster. What he says to the media means squat. I'm not sure what English media you're reading, too. If it's tabloids, then the fact that the drivel of John Etheridge, Peter Hayter and their ilk hold such a profound sense of importance to you doesn't hold you in good stead. It's the equivalent of a Jew reading 'Mein Kampf' hoping to hear good things about his race, then being upset at the whole "master race" concept. British tabloids are good for two things...wiping your ass if you run out of toilet paper, and, umm...well, that's pretty much it. I'm struggling to comprehend your line of thought here, dude. I love Gats to bits, but he deserved that from Ranj.:D Ranj, where have you been all this time, man? That's the sort of stuff that's been missing from here all these months. Bloody marvellous! __________________
the whole pile of garbage was aimed at me without realising the whole point of this discussion.... he thinks, i care wat the english media thinks.... rather, i am p1ssed tht Dravid cares watever those tabloids think.... i want them paint us as the demons rather than the meek gentlemen image tht dravid is trying to project here...

The biggest problem is Gats' opening post. It seemed as much an effort to ridicule Dravid and glorifuy Ganguly as it is actually a honest call for a more agressive Indian captain. That has rubbed off many people in the wrong way.

The biggest problem is Gats' opening post. It seemed as much an effort to ridicule Dravid and glorifuy Ganguly as it is actually a honest call for a more agressive Indian captain. That has rubbed off many people in the wrong way.
i apologise for the confusion.... the objective was only to ridicule Dravid's leadership skills... and yeah, obviously call for a REAL LEADER....
the only place' date=' where dravid has put his foot down was including sehwag for odis, which as usual was stoopid... he should have instead saved tht foot and used it to include him for the tests....[/quote'] How can you say that? Just because media said so?
Brilliant captaincy by Dravid today. Great decision to bowl first and marshalled the troops brilinantly. Top work skipper:thumbs_up:
i didnt see the game much today.... but from what i saw, seems like he has alright.... both sides and any one's granny will accept tht, bowling first was the way to go in these conditions... atleast, he didnt make any mistakes.. i have already passed my verdict on him and if we win this series, it will be inspite of insipid leadership...
Vengsarkar himself said it...
Vengsarkar??:whatchutalkingabout He became chairman of selectors just 9 months back whereas Dravid has been the captain for more than 21 months!! Many of the decision I've mentioned were taken when Vengsarkar was no where near selection of the team!! So I wonder what you mean by saying 'Vengsarkar said it..'!!
Vengsarkar??:whatchutalkingabout He became chairman of selectors just 9 months back whereas Dravid has been the captain for more than 21 months!! Many of the decision I've mentioned were taken when Vengsarkar was no where near selection of the team!! So I wonder what you mean by saying 'Vengsarkar said it..'!!
it was in reply to this..... and this was wen vengy was chief selector...
Quote: Originally Posted by gator viewpost.gif the only place, where dravid has put his foot down was including sehwag for odis, which as usual was stoopid... he should have instead saved tht foot and used it to include him for the tests.... How can you say that? Just because media said so?
:thumbs_up: >>>>Vengsarkar himself said it Vengsarkar???? Now we are taking HIM seriously...??

>>>>i have already passed my verdict on him and if we win this series, it will be inspite of insipid leadership... We are not even half way through .....:sad_smile: This statement can only be based on bias against Dravid.How can you be sure of how he is going to lead the team?