If there was a general election tommorow, who would you vote for?

King Tendulkar

If there was a general election tommorow, who would you vote for?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Congress
    • BJP

It took bubonic plague to kick start renaissance and reformation... just sayin
the black death wiped out about 40% population of europe,at what cost will revolution take place in the next GE in india :tounge_smile:

So, currently according to the polls the NDA has 10/40 in Bihar, 1/42 in West Bengal, 0/39 in Tamil Nadu, 4/28 in Karnataka, and 0/42 in Andhra Pradesh for a total of 15/191 seats. If Modi effect was not around the numbers would have been 57/191 seats for the NDA (17 from JD-U and 25 from TC). So far "Modi effect" = -42 seats.
:hmmmm2: Don't fudge numbers to sell your idea.

I thought you know better than me about Indian politics:hmmm: JDU was in NDA , now left - 17 [your number] TC was not in NDA +/-0 .
I do know better than you about Indian politics and that is why I am saying that TC would happily support BJP and be part of NDA if Modi is not at the helm - Mamata's statements are directed towards Modi. Was TC not part of NDA under Vajpayee? But that's fine, you can keep your own count, I'll keep mine.

I do know better than you about Indian politics and that is why I am saying that TC would happily support BJP and be part of NDA if Modi is not at the helm - Mamata's statements are directed towards Modi. Was TC not part of NDA under Vajpayee? But that's fine, you can keep your own count, I'll keep mine.
I am saying if BJP/NDA got enough seats same TC/Mamata will come running.Do you really believe politicians have ideology :giggle: I don't keep count , just mentioned the hypothetical equation you posted.

One of the main reasons that TC dislodged the Left in WB was that the Muslim vote deserted the communists. There is no way Mamata would take such a huge risk as aligning with BJP before the elections. Neither has it given any indication that BJP sans Modi is any more preferable to it.

I am saying if BJP/NDA got enough seats same TC/Mamata will come running.Do you really believe politicians have ideology :giggle: I don't keep count , just mentioned the hypothetical equation you posted.
^ You still haven't grasped the fact that it's not about ideology for local state leaders - it's about the fact that they will receive close to zero Muslim votes if they are aligned with Modi. In states like West Bengal, Bihar, UP that is a significant factor. For them getting power in the state they have prominence in is much, much more important than getting a couple of cabinet berths at the center. In nutshell, Mamata or JD-U will never come running towards BJP if Modi is the leader, because doing so fecks up their chances in their states.

^ You still haven't grasped the fact that it's not about ideology for local state leaders - it's about the fact that they will receive close to zero Muslim votes if they are aligned with Modi. In states like West Bengal, Bihar, UP that is a significant factor. For them getting power in the state they have prominence in is much, much more important than getting a couple of cabinet berths at the center. In nutshell, Mamata or JD-U will never come running towards BJP if Modi is the leader, because doing so fecks up their chances in their states.
They will come or give support from outside if situation arises. Any way you now agree Muslim votes make a difference, atleast in few states.

They will come or give support from outside if situation arises.
No, they won't. They will never come to power in their states aligned with Modi in anyway.
Any way you now agree Muslim votes make a difference, atleast in few states.
Now you agree? Where have I denied it? Now please don't use Gandhinagar logic of equating a "vote bank" to "Muslim votes make a difference".

No' date=' they won't. They will never come to power in their states aligned with Modi in anyway.[/quote'] Strongly disagree , these are shrewd politicians they always find a way in. May not be a vote bank initially , but eventually it may become one.

One of the main reasons that TC dislodged the Left in WB was that the Muslim vote deserted the communists. There is no way Mamata would take such a huge risk as aligning with BJP before the elections. Neither has it given any indication that BJP sans Modi is any more preferable to it.
Muslims never had a problem voting for Vajpayee in Lucknow. It's not about BJP - it's about Modi. A negligible number of Muslims will vote for Modi, but they will vote for moderate leaders from the BJP.

Strongly disagree , these are shrewd politicians they always find a way in.
Yeah, they are shrewd politicians and will never jeopardize their chances of ruling a state for a couple of cabinet berths. Supporting Modi, even from outside, is a death knell in UP, Bihar, and WB. Wait and watch - why do you think BJP has not announced Modi as the official PM candidate yet? Will they even announce one?
May not be a vote bank initially , but eventually it may become one.
Huh?

Yeah' date=' they are shrewd politicians and will never jeopardize their chances of ruling a state for a couple of cabinet berths. Supporting Modi, even from outside, is a death knell in UP, Bihar, and WB. Wait and watch - [b']why do you think BJP has not announced Modi as the official PM candidate yet? Will they even announce one?
Does it matter? he is No 1 leader :two_thumbs_up:
Huh?
Yeah.

Does it matter? he is No 1 leader :two_thumbs_up:
Not according to realities. If NDA comes to power it will be without Modi as PM. Modi will either serve as a cabinet minister under Advani or Sushma Swaraj or will continue as CM of Gujarat. If NDA does not come to power, Modi will be relegated to Gujarat for the remainder of his political life.
Yeah.
I didn't quite understand what you are saying?

Not according to realities. If NDA comes to power it will be without Modi as PM. Modi will either serve as a cabinet minister under Advani or Sushma Swaraj or will continue as CM of Gujarat. If NDA does not come to power' date=' Modi will be relegated to Gujarat for the remainder of his political life.[/quote'] we can tell that only after election results announced. In politics reality change too fast. I am saying this is how vote banks develop. Muslims won't vote Modi because of Gujarath issues. Any riots will be forgtten [forgiven] after few years , but here it is getting reminded every day to develop a votebank. Guj riots started after Godhra but you wont see all Hindu's voting BJP or Modi only , so why Muslims do opposite even after 12 years?

we can tell that only after election results announced. In politics reality change too fast.
Yeah, hopefully you are around in May next year to share your political gyaan - might even happen as soon as November-December this year.
I am saying this is how vote banks develop. Muslims won't vote Modi because of Gujarath issues. Any riots will be forgtten [forgiven] after few years , but here it is getting reminded every day to develop a votebank. Guj riots started after Godhra but you wont see all Hindu's voting BJP or Modi only , so why Muslims do opposite even after 12 years?
But they'll vote for other leaders from BJP - why? Anyhow, I have no inclination to get into another riots-Godhra discussion. If you are interested in my views you can search for them, in case you have not read them already.

Yeah' date=' hopefully you are around in May next year to share your political gyaan - might even happen as soon as November-December this year.[/quote'] Better give me a mail ID , you know in case required :winky: Neither me, you asked , i wrote my thoughts. Any way when i mean vote bank , its not Muslims alone.[Not related to last few posts]

BJP is gone. They can rest in peace now. The only thing to look forward is how many seats can BJP gain and will it be a hung assembly. Politically Congress is doing everything right here to control damage
BJP was gone long time ago , only Modi is last hope. If anyone thought corruption,scams going to bring down Con party people are plain wrong.