If there was a general election tommorow, who would you vote for?

King Tendulkar

If there was a general election tommorow, who would you vote for?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Congress
    • BJP

BJP was gone long time ago , only Modi is last hope. If anyone thought corruption,scams going to bring down Con party people are plain wrong.
Congress government was one on life support where all doctors had given hope till BJP thrust Modi to the forefront. That has completely shifted the political atmosphere from one of serious under performance of the government to the fabric of the country. BJP might as well have put up Advani's proverbial kutte ka baccha as their PM candidate and they would have formed the next government.

BJP was gone long time ago , only Modi is last hope. If anyone thought corruption,scams going to bring down Con party people are plain wrong.
It is a long shot at best. He will not get the coalition partners. He doesn't even have his party's support at the moment. He is trying bulldoze his way through. Not happening.

Congress government was one on life support where all doctors had given hope till BJP thrust Modi to the forefront. That has completely shifted the political atmosphere from one of serious under performance of the government to the fabric of the country. BJP might as well have put up Advani's proverbial kutte ka baccha as their PM candidate and they would have formed the next government.
You are telling all the scams , corruption forgotten for Pseudo Secularism and appeasement of one section of country.People really deserve Con party.

It is a long shot at best. He will not get the coalition partners. He doesn't even have his party's support at the moment. He is trying bulldoze his way through. Not happening.
May be , may not be . But i am willing to wait till the end , not in any sort of hurry :winky:

You are telling all the scams ' date=' corruption forgotten for Pseudo Secularism and appeasement of one section of country.People really deserve Con party.[/quote'] The thing is you don't understand and refuse to entertain your sensibilities to the enormity that Gujarat '02 was - it even ended up costing Vajpayee the government in '04. They were not simply riots, and I've tried to explain why time and time again. And yes, if the alternative is Modi, I am more than happy with a scamming, corrupt Congress. Maybe, if you had witnessed '92 you would understand the kind of strife these kind of situations leave the country in.

The thing is you don't understand and refuse to entertain your sensibilities to the enormity that Gujarat '02 was - it even ended up costing Vajpayee the government in '04. They were not simply riots, and I've tried to explain why time and time again. And yes, if the alternative is Modi, I am more than happy with a scamming, corrupt Congress. Maybe, if you had witnessed '92 you would understand the kind of strife these kind of situations leave the country in.
Remember '84 riots? are they lesser compare to Guj riots ?

Remember '84 riots? are they lesser compare to Guj riots ?
I was too young to experience first hand the '84 riots, but yeah I have some tangible memories. However, in '92 I witnessed first hand a country gone insane - even in a traditionally communally safe city like Lucknow there were curfews for days, neighbors did not trust neighbors because they were from a different religion, mobs used to walking around chanting communal slogans for an entire month of December. The situation was much worse in other cities where rioting actually happened. That is the kind of India we are looking at if Modi comes to power. I would happily take a few lakh crore worth of scams to avoid that.

I was too young to experience first hand the '84 riots, but yeah I have some tangible memories. However, in '92 I witnessed first hand a country gone insane - even in a traditionally communally safe city like Lucknow there were curfews for days, neighbors did not trust neighbors because they were from a different religion, mobs used to walking around chanting communal slogans for an entire month of December. The situation was much worse in other cities where rioting actually happened. That is the kind of India we are looking at if Modi comes to power. I would happily take a few lakh crore worth of scams to avoid that.
Your assumption , no proof from last 10 odd years to support it. Any way i emntioned '84 riots in another reason as well. Con party came to power in Punab after those riots but Modi is the only person who is banished foerever.

Your assumption , no proof from last 10 odd years to support it.
The proof is in the '02 riots and the way he refers to the victims as "kutte ke bachche".
Any way i emntioned '84 riots in another reason as well. Con party came to power in Punab after those riots but Modi is the only person who is banished foerever.
Irrelevant as I have explained so many times. No one involved in the '84 riots is in any prominent role today.

The proof is in the '02 riots and the way he refers to the victims as "kutte ke bachche".
Another assumtion.
Irrelevant as I have explained so many times. No one involved in the '84 riots is in any prominent role today.
Doesn't matter whether it's directly invloved or not.Party is still there :winky:

Another assumtion.
Assumption? The interview is there for all.
Doesn't matter whether it's directly invloved or not.Party is still there :winky:
Vajpayee and Modi are from the same party, and yet there is little in common with them. And if you want to talk about the party only, how about talking of Congress under Gandhi, Nehru, and Patel? Makes no sense, right? Just as talking about the '84 Congress today makes no sense because no one involved in the atrocities then has any role in the party today.

I had some experience of the '92 communal tension (in a metropolitan area!) and it was a time which I wouldn't like to go back to. If given a choice between corruption vs communal tension - I would go for the former.

The proof is in the '02 riots and the way he refers to the victims as "kutte ke bachche". Irrelevant as I have explained so many times. No one involved in the '84 riots is in any prominent role today.
Does this interpretation include the Karsevaks also or only the muslim victims ?

Assumption? The interview is there for all.
Where does he says Victims are Kutte's?
Vajpayee and Modi are from the same party, and yet there is little in common with them. And if you want to talk about the party only, how about talking of Congress under Gandhi, Nehru, and Patel? Makes no sense, right? Just as talking about the '84 Congress today makes no sense because no one involved in the atrocities then has any role in the party today.
Yeah we shouldnt talk about 84 riots because people who involved in riots are not have any role in party today , but we can talk about 2001 riots eventhough Modi is not involved in riot , awesome logic.

why would a guy living in USA care if congress wins the GE and loot the country forever? its non of his business no :dontknow:
He can , end of day its his opinion. But we have the option of not taking it seriously :winky:

Does this interpretation include the Karsevaks also or only the muslim victims ?
Shouldn't the question of interpretation be addressed to the person who originally made the statement, rather than me? Ask Modi who he was referring to as kutte ke bachche. He was babbling like a lunatic when asked the question - sometime he was the driver, sometime he was sitting in the backseat of his hypothetical car.
Where does he says Victims are Kutte's?
You know where.
Yeah we shouldnt talk about 84 riots because people who involved in riots are not have any role in party today , but we can talk about 2001 riots eventhough Modi is not involved in riot , awesome logic.
Not involved in the riots? He was the CM when riots happened.
why would a NRI guy living in USA care if congress wins the GE and loot the country forever? its non of his business and should not bother him no :dontknow:
Well, I am an Indian citizen with strong family ties in India. Are you saying Indian citizens should not bother about elections in India?

Well, I am an Indian citizen with strong family ties in India. Are you saying Indian citizens should not bother about elections in India?
i was just asking whether it matters to most of the NRI?i donno whether everyone will come to india to cast their votes..some NRIs were happy the INR has gone do the dogs compared to $ :P

i was just asking whether it matters to most of the NRI?i donno whether everyone will come to india to cast their votes..some NRIs were happy the INR has gone do the dogs compared to $ :P
I thought the statement was intended towards me, so provided my reasons. I can't say about other NRIs.