I almost lost my mind after getting Tendulkar: Monty

King

'It was as if I lost my mind. I honestly didn't know what was going on. I just started running and it felt like I was flying somewhere,' said Panesar, talking about Tendulkar's dismissal. More... I almost lost my mind after getting Tendulkar: Monty July 25, 2007 20:14 IST England's [Images] left-arm spin sensation Monty Panesar [Images] says he almost lost his mind after trapping Sachin Tendulkar [Images] leg before wicket in the drawn Lord's Test. Tendulkar had written 'once in a blue moon' on the ball with which Panesar dismissed him in the Nagpur Test last year for his maiden Test wicket. But the Sikh bowler did not have to wait that long to bag the master bastman's scalp again. He trapped his childhood hero plumb in front of the wicket in India's second innings and burst into his trademark celebration. "It was as if I lost my mind. I honestly didn't know what was going on. I just started running and it felt like I was flying somewhere. "The only thing I can remember is hugging everyone. Afterwards, all I could think to myself was: 'Did I really do that?' I haven't had the chance to see a replay of the celebration but my friends told me that I just went crazy," Monty wrote in his column for the Daily Mail. Despite getting Tendulkar out for 16, Panesar is still in awe of the Mumbai batsman. "I was just savouring the moment and the reason I reacted like that was because he is such a great player. "That is the impact he has on people. I would not have run so far and jumped around like that if he was not so good." Panesar recalled a drive Tendulkar played off him, saying, "Most batsmen would have defended the ball, but he just put it away. There was also a back-foot drive which was fantastic. "Even though I am playing against him, I still think 'wow' when he does something like that." Panesar said he is looking forward to renew the rivalry in the second Test, which gets underway at Trent Bridge on Friday, though conditions might not be as helpful as it was at Lord's. "I am preparing myself to be very patient there, because you don't get the bounce as the wickets always seem quite flat. "But I will keep plugging away and, hopefully, I'll get a bit more luck there," he added.

Panesar recalled a drive Tendulkar played off him, saying, "Most batsmen would have defended the ball, but he just put it away. There was also a back-foot drive which was fantastic. "Even though I am playing against him, I still think 'wow' when he does something like that."
Considering the kind of form Sachin is in , This almost seems like mocking to me , not something said in awe... So much for the 'he-just-put-it-away' batsman , who could hardly survive . :thumbs_down:

He's sly like that...he likes to play the role of the humble underdog, even though his talent belies such an attitude....quite unintentional though, he's just completely naive and unnatural to the concept of celebrity. I like him too. Even though he looks like he's being anally probed by a herpetic ape every time he takes a wicket.

his batting? :omg_smile:
Be Honest Gs , this guy almost seems apologetic about doing well... I can understand terms like humble upbringing and all that , but this is just too much for me. Why cant people just claim credit for what they deserve ! :embaressed_smile:

It Is OBVIOUS that Donny has an axe to grind against Bheem. Deragatory comments are made frequently against many sections of people in all message boards and understandably so , in this one too. A vast majority of them is just for fun , not to hurt anyone. And coming specifically to Donny raising the issue of BB's comment , I wonder where his be-fair-to-all attitude was when other such comments are made by other posters. I find such posts are made everyday , for example sometimes against Women , and many times against Pakistanis. Wonder wjhy Donny didnt raise the alarm then.... He may say he saw only this one and hence raised attention to it , but ofcourse all of us will believe that wont we ? BB;s post shouldnt have been edited in the first place, just because someone asked for it. If we start editing posts like that , then half of the posts will have the " Edited , 7.20 p.m" sign under it. Its a bit unfortunate that someone as wise and respected as Donny comes to the level of trying to discredit individual posters. Oh well ! Only , such attempts help in increasing BB's stature within this board. BB, you have a lot to thank Donny for !

Relax guys' date=' am sure BB wasn't really meant to be derogatory to spastics. Just wrong choice of words. The posts are gone and now there is not much point pondering over it.[/quote'] Ravi , an issue has been created, where there wasnt one in the first place. :thumbs_down:

"Its a bit unfortunate that someone as wise and respected as Donny comes to the level of trying to discredit individual posters." But it's ok for you to do it - as you did to me in the rest of that post ?? As for the stupid remark about women & Pakistanis, I made it clear I work with CP victims. I don't specifically work with disaffected women or Pakistanis. This remark: "but henceforth pls stop all the dumb charade you put on here .... you arent exactly a saint yourselves." just indicates the poster's sad and immature attitude. He regularly insults me with comments like this and gets away with it.

"Its a bit unfortunate that someone as wise and respected as Donny comes to the level of trying to discredit individual posters." But it's ok for you to do it - as you did to me in the rest of that post ??
I have made absolutely no effort to dis-credit you here. I have just voiced my opinion on this issue , i think , in a very dignified manner , ofcourse with a bit of sarcasm thrown here and there. Trust me , if my intention was to throw stones , the language would/could have been markedly different.
As for the stupid remark about women & Pakistanis, I made it clear I work with CP victims. I don't specifically work with disaffected women or Pakistanis.
This part is a bit confusing. You had complained about derogatory comments made by a poster being allowed in this forum. If your intent were really to protest comments of such nature being published in this forum , you should be complaining at other such comments too. To say i raised an alarm at this , only becasue i work with people affected with CP is a bit , hollow
This remark: "but henceforth pls stop all the dumb charade you put on here .... you arent exactly a saint yourselves." just indicates the poster's sad and immature attitude. He regularly insults me with comments like this and gets away with it.
We are respectful to all here. I do admit BB made some unfortunate comments, but those were purely reactive in nature and because he was provoked. Having said all this , I think we should stop this slanging match. Your comments and wisdom on the game of cricket are most welcome here. Hope to see you posting your insightful thoughts in the future too. And three cheers to you for your work in helping people with CP !

Donny, I don't know if you know about the idea behind founding this board or whether you are interested but since you have questioned the moderation here I feel it's important that I tell you about it without boring you with a lot of history - free speech. There are many comments on this board that I find distasteful and many things in life which I find distasteful but I don't go about censuring them. The comment about spastics obviously hit a personal nerve with you and nothing wrong with someone who interacts closely with such people to be sensitive about them. There are many articles, shows etc. which we encounter in real life which you would be sensitive about. I recently watched an episode of Mind of Mencia which made fun of mentally retarded people. All kinds of opinions exist in the world but we don't go around fighting a crusade with every difference of opinion which might be distasteful. We ignore it and move on with our lives. That is what we urge our posters to do here. Having said that trolling, abuse, and fascism against any particular segment of the society are not allowed because such actions are not allowed in real life as well because the idea behind this website is to make it as close to real life as we can.